Cadillac Owners Forum banner

can anyone do a carfax for me??

Tags
mechanic
620 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  slopoke 
#1 ·
I think carfax sells subscriptions, so if someone had one and didnt mind I would love to get one. Thanks

#2 ·
Not to be an a**hole on my 3rd post so dont take this the wrong way, but carfaxes are worthless.. I know of cars that have been wacked hard 3 times and show clean carfaxes as well as ones that show an "accident idicatior" and have all original parts on the car, best bet on purchasing a car is to bring a trusted mechanic and or bodyman to take a peek. Also, a non accident car can have the s*** run out of it as well as one in a fender bender could have been well maintained, I'd take the one that had a bump vs. the one run hard. I work at a dealership just trying to help you out. Good luck use good judgement. Take care.

#3 ·
no worries. I was actually just wondering how many owners the car had, not really interested in the wreck info. they said they were the second owner, and I was just going to double check these things. After i posted this i did a lot of reading, (mainly negative) about carfax for the reasons you mentioned. so at this point i am good. Thanks

#5 ·
Also, as far as owners are concerned wholesalers can show up as an owner as well but usually the miles and time that it was owned can be a give away. but even if the guy didn't own it that long, I had a 04 denali that I had bought for the winter last year bought in Nov sold in Apr and that thing ran great!, I'm kind of sorry I sold it... But if it checks out jump on it, these 2nd gen escalades are selling they are doing strong money at the auction as well even with 100K they are doing the same money as they would have last year in some cases more!, what are you looking at?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.