: 1997 Fleetwood?

Adam
08-08-04, 05:55 AM
earlier tonight i was searching the internet and ran across this website (obviously old) talking about the 97 Fleetwood. did Cadillac make the Fleetwood in 97? i have never heard of them. it had a picture which looked like a 96. i know there was a 99 limited but a 97? i dont remember the site, i was too shocked to see it. anybody know about this?

juiceE
08-10-04, 11:45 AM
isnt that the extended deville?

BeelzeBob
08-10-04, 12:24 PM
Yes.

Sandy
08-10-04, 12:48 PM
NO !
The extended deVille (Fleetwood Limited) was only produced in 1998 & 1999, there were no 1997s. Are you sure, fleetwoodlowlow that the car you saw was not a 1998, rather than a 1997??

Leloz
08-10-04, 01:45 PM
Correct. The Fleetwood limited was made only in 1998-1999. Was this car you saw a RWD or FWD?
-Lelo

Adam
08-11-04, 03:49 AM
yeah it said "The New 97 Fleetwood." it was an old page. i just happened to chance across it. i tried looking for it again and i cant find it. it was one of those pages that after it is test drove they put up all the stats and how well it performed. but im 100% sure it said 97 Fleetwood. im still trying to find the site. its pissing me off, i dont want no one to think im crazy :bonkers:
it didnt look any different than the older ones so it was rwd. ive seen the 98-99 Fleetwood lmtd. didnt look anything like it. when i first saw it i thought it was a 96.

Sandy
08-11-04, 09:54 AM
Oh, Gawd, now I'm dying here. Find it, PLEEEEASE!! Scan it if you can! What a piece for my brochure collection!!! Can I help you L :bouncy: :bouncy: K ???

juiceE
08-11-04, 11:40 AM
Why Dont U Just Check In Ur "history" In Ur Web Browser

Caddy Man
08-11-04, 12:38 PM
if it looked like a 96, im sure it was a 96, but they accidentally put 97, i go to many sites with cts parts, and they always list 2002, but there was no cts in 02. its just a typo.

BeelzeBob
08-11-04, 01:09 PM
Right. It's probably just a 1996.. So no 1997 Fleetwood Limited, huh? I didn't know that...

Adam
08-11-04, 06:02 PM
its driving me up a wall. i cant find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i found it on my computer at work. the only way to go back through to history and everything is to have and administrative password and im not an administrator. that way if you're looking up something you're not supposed to theyll know about it. ive been trying to find it. it might have been a typo cause i know they werent made but they could have been making them or had plans to but maybe stopped production. i dont know. i was just looking up parts for my Fleetwood and i just ran across it.

Adam
08-11-04, 06:17 PM
FOUND IT. this isnt the site i was on earlier but this one also says 97 Fleetwood. i dont think this is the link but its the name of the site:
http://cartalk.com/content/testdrives/Reviews/cadillac-fleetwood-1997.html

Randy_W
08-11-04, 06:24 PM
It's a '96.

Adam
08-11-04, 06:25 PM
if this dont work just send me a private message

Adam
08-11-04, 06:37 PM
link aint workin hold on. this is what they said about it:

This car is a true relic. This is Cadillac as the old-timers remember a Cadillac--humongous beyond the point of being obscene, with a ride rivaled only by the QE II. I took the family out for a little joy ride in this baby, and by the time we had gone about six blocks they were all looking for the barf bags; man, does it ever pitch and roll!

If you're looking for a living room on wheels (a very tacky living room), this might be the car for you. But if you're planning to make any left or right turns, I'd think twice.

And don't try to park it. It doesn't fit in a standard parking space (at least not in Boston--are the parking spaces in North Miami Beach specially designed for this monster?). I mean, even my buddies Richie and Stevie in the North End--the double-parking capital of the Western world--asked me if it came with an anchor.

But, alas, the sad (?) news is that GM will soon cease manufacture of the Brougham. Seems that all the potential buyers pulled a dirty trick on GM. They died.

ok i got the picture but i cant get it on here i dont know how. it wont let me copy and paste. the car looks a little more sleek than the older ones. i went to google and put in 1997 Fleetwood and did a search and found it. it was on page six or seven. on the top of the page it says Test Drive Cadillac Fleetwood 1997. if anybody wants the pic i can email it to you just give me your email address. mines sk8ercky3@cs.com.

Vesicant
08-11-04, 07:00 PM
Looks like it has different wheels... but the photo's too small

otherwise it looks just like a regular 96 or 95 etc.

http://cartalk.com/content/testdrives/Reviews/Images/cadillac.gif

Im guessing it was a late 1996 sold early the following year.

Adam
08-11-04, 09:22 PM
like i said above that isnt the sitei was at. the site i was at said "The New 97 Fleetwood." it had the same picture though. now that i think of it i think some guy might have test drove a 1996 and got some wrong info and thought it was a 97 or a sales man told him that. im still trying to find the site i went to. that picture though it just looks different. my friend has a 94 and a 96 and they dont look as sleek as the one in the picture. maybe im just stupid or blind. of course the picture could be stretched and making it look like that. you're right about the wheels, they look different. by the way, how'd you get that pic on there?

Vesicant
08-11-04, 09:38 PM
What you do is, you take the link of the image (right click on the image, properties >copy the link)

and then in the forums here, post the link but have it look like this:

http://cartalk.com/content/testdrives/Reviews/Images/cadillac.gif

Without the spaces. The forums automatically shorten the link like you see there.. otherwise thats it.

Adam
08-12-04, 09:28 AM
ahhh. do you think that the picture is of a 96 or maybe a base model of what couldve been a new Fleetwood? to me it just looks a little different.

juiceE
08-12-04, 12:50 PM
But, alas, the sad (?) news is that GM will soon cease manufacture of the Brougham. Seems that all the potential buyers pulled a dirty trick on GM. They died.
:rofl:
:histeric:

Caddy Man
08-12-04, 12:55 PM
ahhh. do you think that the picture is of a 96 or maybe a base model of what couldve been a new Fleetwood? to me it just looks a little different.
honestly, its not any differnt, i think maybe you are just looking for reasons to find it differnt. there was no 97 fleetwood. if there was, surely somone here would have heard. especially car buffs like Sandy.

Adam
08-12-04, 03:18 PM
its not that im trying to find a reason i think its just the picture. the way it looks to me is just different. i know they didnt make one in 97.

Sandy
08-12-04, 07:27 PM
:wave: