: New kid on the block

cziegelmann
12-13-09, 11:18 PM
Hello from Lake Elmo, Minnesota:) I just bought my first Cadillac, a "95 STS w/ 186,000 round. It runs, drives and looks like new still! I love this car and the state of Minnesota will learn to love me too with the occasional speeding ticket:2thumbs: The old girl sure loves to stretch her legs!! Any way I'm glad to be a part of this forum and hope pull my weight in contributions and maybe a little BS when I can.

Rolex
12-13-09, 11:29 PM
:welcome5: to the forums. You're a brave man to buy such a high mileage N* and run it out. :hide: I hope she gives you years of trouble free enjoyment.

Glad you signed up. :)

eXile
12-13-09, 11:42 PM
Don't let Rolex scare you, there are plenty of people with high mileage N*s.

The 'problem' that these engines are sometimes prone too is a failing head gasket. Thus, causing many to be weary of them and their life.

My '99 STS @ 160K is still running perfectly and pulls as hard as she ever has. Just keep up the proper maintenance and pull the codes to make sure you arent running the car when it is in need of a repair. (The car has a built in OBDII reader into it, the codes will flash on the dash where the odometer reading is.)

Enjoy the car, maintain it, and drive it like you stole it. The N* engines were designed to be put through their paces. :lildevil:

NoExpert
12-13-09, 11:54 PM
:welcome:

I'm new around here myself. I've been looming and reading for a long time though. :)