: Just saw a Panamera

V-Eight
12-12-09, 06:37 PM
I was just out at Superstore picking up Forza 3 and I saw a Panamera when leaving. Didn't get a chance to take a pic, but I was contemplating following the guy and asking him about it. Front looks great, but the side profile and back look every bit as ugly as they do in the pictures.

Vesicant
12-12-09, 07:01 PM
I like them. Car and Driver got 3.3 seconds 0-60 I believe when they drove the Turbo edition. Luxury, 4 doors, Porsche handling, power and heratige- sounds good to me. Its almost the same reason why anyone would ever buy a Porsche Cayenne.

Plus, if you download the December car pack for Forza 3 it includes a Panamera.

http://static.vroom.be/images/news/6-15901-porsche-panamera-sedan.jpg

V-Eight
12-12-09, 08:07 PM
I was just really surprised to see one in Winnipeg. I like everything about them except for the back. The picture you posted in nice because it hides that feature. Not a fan of paying $5 just for 10 cars though.

Aron9000
12-13-09, 02:58 AM
Its just so damn ugly from the rear. The design does not work on a four door car, but it looks pretty slick on a coupe(like a 911). I saw a concept picture of a two door Panamera, it looks damn sexy with those long doors:drool:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/porsche-928-artist-impression.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find a better picture, but the design really reminds me of the old 928, which I've always thought was pretty damn cool.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-13-09, 10:20 AM
I like the Panamera more than the Quattroporte. The Porsche is quicker, sharper and offers a better looking interior. The Maserati has a better looking exterior, but doesn't offer anywhere near the power the Porsche does, especially with the turbo, and it doesn't have the Panamera's cool four place interior with full center console.

thebigjimsho
12-14-09, 03:37 PM
I like the Panamera more than the Quattroporte. The Porsche is quicker, sharper and offers a better looking interior. The Maserati has a better looking exterior, but doesn't offer anywhere near the power the Porsche does, especially with the turbo, and it doesn't have the Panamera's cool four place interior with full center console.
Then you don't understand Maserati. That's too bad...

jedhead
12-14-09, 05:25 PM
I saw one pulling into a Mall nearby silver in color with the turbo. I still haven't seen another STS-V on the road since I bought mine in the summer.

Bob

gary88
12-14-09, 05:32 PM
I'd much rather spend the extra $200 for a 911 turbo.

Porsche needs to stop diluting their brand.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-14-09, 05:55 PM
Then you don't understand Maserati. That's too bad...

I was reading Top Gear's comparison between the Quattroporte GTS and Panamera 4S. They liked the Quattroporte more because it felt more authentic and original whereas the Panamera felt like a real good reproduction.

orconn
12-14-09, 06:02 PM
I was reading Top Gear's comparison between the Quattroporte GTS and Panamera 4S. They liked the Quattroporte more because it felt more authentic and original whereas the Panamera felt like a real good reproduction.

Good old "Top Gear" always seeking to expand their viewer's erudite perception of makes and models. "Real good reproduction of what? Prey tell!"

gary88
12-14-09, 06:53 PM
I'd much rather spend the extra $200 for a 911 turbo.

Dear God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-6JUvqhLK8

concorso
12-15-09, 02:06 PM
The Panamera is fine on the inside, exceptional even. But I couldnt live with that ass. I could never own any car I didnt love the looks of, assuming its not a beater. And this need for good looks grows propotionatley with the amount of money spent. The forthecoming Aston Martin Rapide and the Quattroporte absolutley smother the Panamera, imo. They are truly high end luxury sedans.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-15-09, 07:27 PM
I can't wait to start hearing more about the Rapide. :drool: