: Is there a tuner for a 2001 Deville?

AlanSr
12-12-09, 04:04 AM
I got my wife a 2001 Deville (base model) is there a tuner out there or programmer I can use to improve things a little?
I've heard that northstar's are so well tuned that you never want to mess with them.....Not real sure.

Submariner409
12-12-09, 11:06 AM
No tuners, no chips, no mods, no headers, no aftermarket at all. Cadillac already did 99.9% of your work. You're now getting 275 hp out of a 279 C.I. engine: 1 hp/cubic inch. Pretty good. DO NOT fall for the eBay so-called CAI hype: The car already has a perfectly functional CAI which flows more air than the engine can handle.

If you want to spend $1100 and install a drop-dead gorgeous cat-back system, look at: 1. www.corsaperformance.com, surf and read everything, then 2. www.autopartswarehouse.com.

Go up in the black bar ^^^ and read the entire Cadillac Technical Archive. Read the sticky threads at the top of the main Deville and Northstar Performance pages.

If the Deville has an intake duct resonator, consider this mod, using a spray paint can lid with the skirt trimmed to fit the curve of the convoluted duct. See the transmission dipstick down in there ?? The transmission is a dry sump unit and there will be no fluid on the stick with the engine off. The engine must be running, warm, in P, to check fluid level. Halfway up the stick hashmark, no higher. Same for the 5W-30 engine oil: halfway up the dipstick hashmark, no more. That's the 7.5 quart fill level - to the top is overfilled. GM bulletins on this over the years. The water pump is driven by that pulley next to the engine oil dipstick.................

Take a look at www.alldatadiy.com

AJxtcman
01-02-10, 09:33 PM
I got my wife a 2001 Deville (base model) is there a tuner out there or programmer I can use to improve things a little?
I've heard that northstar's are so well tuned that you never want to mess with them.....Not real sure.

Yes a few people can do them

Contact Wester's
I won't do any of them any more.

Submariner409
01-03-10, 10:12 AM
Hi, AJ

http://westers_garage.eidnet.org/news.htm

AlanSr, You send them your PCM and they do what you ask then return it to you. A week or so turnaround.

codewize
01-03-10, 12:00 PM
The simple answer is no There is nothing you can do to improve your car. If you have an unlimited amount of money maybe someone out there can give you something for for the normal folks, there is nothing.