: I'm baaaack

misfit6794
12-11-09, 07:40 PM
After swearing off cadillacs up and down when I got burned by the headgasket problem, I bought another one. I work for a car dealership now appraising trade ins. A salesman brought me a sheet that said 99 deville, 53,000 miles, nothing special right? I walked out to the car, absolutely perfect condition, and its a fleetwood limited, 1 of 467 produced in 99. After I drove it the salesman gives me every single service record from new. The car booked out at $2000 and I told them that was as high as I could go. Maybe the customer didn't realize what he had but he took 2000 for it and I bought it right away. Pictures to come, I love being back behind the wheel of a cadillac.

orconn
12-11-09, 07:47 PM
Welcome back! What a great way to be able to find great cars!

Rolex
12-11-09, 08:08 PM
You gave up on Cadis because of the HG issue and yet you bought a pre 2000 northstar?

Welcome back. :)

creeker
12-11-09, 11:01 PM
Welcome back,sounds like a deal you couldn't refuse.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-12-09, 02:30 AM
Holy hell you got a screamer of a deal. A Fleetwood Limited with 53k miles? Dayum!

Stingroo
12-12-09, 07:47 AM
All I can say is this:

You sir, have the coolest DeVille of the last 25 years. Why? TRAY TABLES!

the recluse
12-12-09, 10:04 AM
You gave up on Cadis because of the HG issue and yet you bought a pre 2000 northstar?

:thepan: :histeric: :thepan: :histeric: :thepan: :histeric: :thepan: :histeric:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-12-09, 10:18 AM
Didn't you have a 4.9 deVille? Or am I thinking of someone else?

MacMuse
12-12-09, 10:24 AM
wow - you guys all applauding his "purchase" while it's just a defining example of Stealership.

Which is it folks? You want a dealership to treat you honestly and fairly or are you just jealous of their ability to swindle a novice?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-12-09, 07:29 PM
Its their own fault for not being educated enough. Its really not that hard to hop on the internet and look up the value of your car before you bring it to a dealer. I just did a google search for Cadillac Fleetwood Limited (which is what the badge says on the side of the car) and the first hit was to the wikipedia page that states only 467 were ever made. It would have taken literally 30 seconds for this person to know how rare the car actually was, so its their own damn fault. However, that's just my opinion. I always research things before I buy them, which is why I have always had the nicest cars of all my friends and I have always gotten them for great deals.

ted tcb
12-12-09, 09:11 PM
Nice deal, we need to see pictures.

Now that you've come back to the family, it can't be long before DESTROYER puts aside his
petty issues and grabs another Northstar!

Seriously, though, how can you go wrong for just $2k???

Jesda
12-12-09, 11:29 PM
WOW, $2000! Even if it had a blown head gasket (obviously, it doesnt yet) it would have been a steal.

Destroyer
12-13-09, 09:49 PM
Nice deal, we need to see pictures.

Now that you've come back to the family, it can't be long before DESTROYER puts aside his
petty issues and grabs another Northstar!

Seriously, though, how can you go wrong for just $2k???For $2k I'd buy that car in the stated condition and drive it till the H/G issue came up. It would be hard to go wrong for $2k unless it has the H/G issue as we speak and that is why the owner took only $2k for it.

ted tcb
12-14-09, 06:04 PM
It would be hard to go wrong for $2k unless it has the H/G issue as we speak and that is why the owner took only $2k for it.

BINGO!!

Let's hope the previous owner wasn't frustrated with random temperature spikes and dumped the car.

osu411yamaha
12-16-09, 05:17 AM
:postpics: