: Exhaust $$$

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-11-09, 05:34 PM
Why the hell are the cat back systems for our cars so damn expensive? CTS-V2 or STS-V...

$1200 just for the cans is freekin rape.

I just bought a catback system in stainless for my Denali. Magnafolw 3 inch stainless all the way..

$459 retail....

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-11-09, 05:39 PM
You can't tell me because its a hi performance engine, because the Borla solution is designed for a standard STS. My 6.0 liter dual exhaust pushes way more air than a 4.4 liter.

jedhead
12-11-09, 06:05 PM
They figure if you can afford upwards of $70 for a car they can charge you $1200 for exhaust. I got lucky and purchased my Corsa for $350 on ebay. When I made my bid I was expecting to get sniped like I have on every other bid in the past. However I won then scrambled to get the $$$. I paid $75 for the install. I have had custom made mandrel bent exhaust for my other cars made for less than $500 including mufflers. The pipes were not stainless because I don't have any road salt issues where I live. I may in the future have some custom headers made.

Bob

leija_01
12-11-09, 07:29 PM
i'll sell you my magnaflow setup dan... :)

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-14-09, 10:28 AM
They figure if you can afford upwards of $70 for a car they can charge you $1200 for exhaust. I got lucky and purchased my Corsa for $350 on ebay. When I made my bid I was expecting to get sniped like I have on every other bid in the past. However I won then scrambled to get the $$$. I paid $75 for the install. I have had custom made mandrel bent exhaust for my other cars made for less than $500 including mufflers. The pipes were not stainless because I don't have any road salt issues where I live. I may in the future have some custom headers made.

BobNope... It's just Corsa price gouging. even a Corsa for my truck is $1,200 where as magnaflow, gibson, and all others are around the $500 to $700 range for Stainless.

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-14-09, 10:31 AM
i'll sell you my magnaflow setup dan... :)
Didn't you like Magnaflow? I am debating on Magnaflow or Gibson for my Denali.

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-14-09, 10:32 AM
Besides I have a set of Corsa's (used) lined up already for my V... :-)

CIWS
12-14-09, 10:39 AM
Bought the GM exhaust from the dealer, they installed it, and now they have to cover it :D

silverws6ta
12-15-09, 06:45 PM
Bought the GM exhaust from the dealer, they installed it, and now they have to cover it :D

I bought mine online for $961 and had an independent shop install it; however I know a source you can get it for less than $900 now-- I like the GMPP (aka Borla) setup and considering its half what Borla sells it for sweetened the deal for me..

PGA2B
12-15-09, 07:31 PM
I am thinking of making a Magnaflow cat back based on the CTS-V setup. Talked to Magnaflow and they thought I might need the 4" round mufflers to use as resonators but I am going to start without them and see how it sounds. I will do an X pipe and 2.5" back to the Mufflers using the 4x9 mufflers (Same ones used on the CTS-V) and then into 4" tips. So we'll see. I will post clips and pics when I get it done (If I decide to do it).

leija_01
12-15-09, 10:36 PM
I am thinking of making a Magnaflow cat back based on the CTS-V setup. Talked to Magnaflow and they thought I might need the 4" round mufflers to use as resonators but I am going to start without them and see how it sounds. I will do an X pipe and 2.5" back to the Mufflers using the 4x9 mufflers (Same ones used on the CTS-V) and then into 4" tips. So we'll see. I will post clips and pics when I get it done (If I decide to do it).

check out my youtube videos. Maybe it will save you the time and money?

cadillac94pimpin
12-16-09, 10:15 AM
I bought mine online for $961 and had an independent shop install it; however I know a source you can get it for less than $900 now-- I like the GMPP (aka Borla) setup and considering its half what Borla sells it for sweetened the deal for me..

Where is it for that price???? I have been drooling over it for some time now.
May have to buy myslef a nice gift this year.

PGA2B
12-16-09, 12:45 PM
check out my youtube videos. Maybe it will save you the time and money?

Are you saying you didn't like the sound swith the Magnaflow?

leija_01
12-17-09, 01:10 AM

Are you saying you didn't like the sound swith the Magnaflow?

No, I did. :)