: C6 Z06 owner interested in moving to CTS-V

undy
12-11-09, 03:47 PM
I'm currently driving an 07 Z06 as the daily driver and am interested in moving up to a CTS-V. The 09s look particularly appealing due to GM's $5K discount and further dealer discounts. My local dealerships (Virginia Beach, Va) aren't interested in discounting the Vs beyond GM's discount as some of the board's sponsoring dealerships do. I would gladly buy from one of the board dealers but my Z06 trade-in becomes the rub. They want me to drive the Z in for an appraisal. A 1400 mile drive for that just is not going to happen. I guess the point of this post is to ask if anyone knows a dealership closer to me that's willing to discount an 09 ...or .... a far-away dealer that's willing to work a little more on the trade-in.

Thanks in advance for the help!:bouncy:

Dave

Krug Ford
12-11-09, 04:19 PM
Dave Underhill,

I would love to help you out buy on a sports car can't put a solid number on the car without seeing it. You should be able to sell it down than and get more money for the car. Here in Michigan its winter and to take a car in we would have to sit on it for like 5 months in order to sell it.

It was nice talking to you today. If you need anything let me know

Mikevette
12-11-09, 05:43 PM
Dave I was in the same boat as you are in now! If you can get a fair trade in price for your Z, pull the trigger on the V you will not be dissapointed. I traded my 08 Z with 9200 miles for an 09 V and haven't thought twice since. The V has the power, handeling and creature comforts. It's the total package!!!! Every time I drive my V I have the same smile as when I had with the Z but alot more comfortable. If you can swing the extra cash look for a V that has the Recarro seats they are seats that all corvette's exspecially the Z's should have. The 2010 are out so there's got to be some 09 sit:thumbsup:ting on lots across the country, just have to do some serious searching.

Good luck with your V purchase.

Mike P.

undy
12-11-09, 09:39 PM
Dave Underhill,

I would love to help you out buy on a sports car can't put a solid number on the car without seeing it. You should be able to sell it down than and get more money for the car. Here in Michigan its winter and to take a car in we would have to sit on it for like 5 months in order to sell it.

It was nice talking to you today. If you need anything let me know

I'd really like to buy a car from you too. Your prices are great and from what I've read everyone's a happy camper. I'm very busy these days and I just don't deal well with tire kickers in a soft market so selling it myself is probably out of the question. If I can figure out a work around you'll be the first person I'll call.

Dave I was in the same boat as you are in now! If you can get a fair trade in price for your Z, pull the trigger on the V you will not be dissapointed. I traded my 08 Z with 9200 miles for an 09 V and haven't thought twice since. The V has the power, handeling and creature comforts. It's the total package!!!! Every time I drive my V I have the same smile as when I had with the Z but alot more comfortable. If you can swing the extra cash look for a V that has the Recarro seats they are seats that all corvette's exspecially the Z's should have. The 2010 are out so there's got to be some 09 sit:thumbsup:ting on lots across the country, just have to do some serious searching.

Good luck with your V purchase.

Mike P.

Yep, I think I saw your recent post back on the C6 Z06 CorvetteForum.

I'll be trading off some performance for a bit more luxury. I'm not terribly thrilled about that part but the gal friend will do better with a 6sp Auto V when she drives it. She doesn't like a stick.

My search continues ......

Dave

sefa01
12-11-09, 11:25 PM
With 0% for 72 months, why not just keep the Z06. While you give up the $5k, you can get GMS which can save you up to $7k. Your monthly payment would be less than $900. It's a pretty good feeling have 1061 horses in the garage.

undy
12-12-09, 07:38 AM
With 0% for 72 months, why not just keep the Z06. While you give up the $5k, you can get GMS which can save you up to $7k. Your monthly payment would be less than $900. It's a pretty good feeling have 1061 horses in the garage.

Actually about 1700 hp in the garage..:thumbsup:

I've got a 427 AC Cobra replica in there too.. It's running a twin carb'd 482" aluminum block side oiler. 650 hp at around 2300lbs. It would make a great companion for the V.

...can't have too much horsepower these days.:worship:

Dave

12-12-09, 08:36 AM
you could ask Luke or Bill or James to hook you up with a salesman at Lindsay cadillac in alexandria. 200 miles is better than 1000. Not sure if they can or will do any better than Hall or Colonial or whomever is down in Tidewater, but they are probably the best V dealership anywhere in the mid-atlantic......

JBsZ06
12-12-09, 11:25 AM
How much are you looking for on your z06? What color is it? etc..

undy
12-13-09, 09:10 AM
you could ask Luke or Bill or James to hook you up with a salesman at Lindsay cadillac in alexandria. 200 miles is better than 1000. Not sure if they can or will do any better than Hall or Colonial or whomever is down in Tidewater, but they are probably the best V dealership anywhere in the mid-atlantic......

I'll look them up and give them a shout. Thanks for the tip!

How much are you looking for on your z06? What color is it? etc..

I didn't intend on using this forum to sell the car, not really right.. but since you asked.

I'm looking for $38,500.. It's a loaded 07, Atomic Orange with 50K daily driven miles. It's never been tracked or raced (got 32K miles on my last set of PS2s). It has brand new Viper-spec PS2s on it now (345/30/19s & 275/35/18s). It dyno'd 508 RWHP last September. It has Kooks long tubes w/cats, merge collectors, factory cat-back, K&N intake w/ vette air and intake shroud. It was dyno tuned bay Carolina Auto Masters using HP-Tuners. With drag radials it's ready for a high 10 second time slip.

For further info/pics PM or email me @ undy@cox.net..

Dave

Rolex
12-13-09, 09:58 AM

I didn't intend on using this forum to sell the car, not really right.. but since you asked.

I'm looking for $38,500.. It's a loaded 07, Atomic Orange with 50K daily driven miles. It's never been tracked or raced (got 32K miles on my last set of PS2s). It has brand new Viper-spec PS2s on it now (345/30/19s & 275/35/18s). It dyno'd 508 RWHP last September. It has Kooks long tubes w/cats, merge collectors, factory cat-back, K&N intake w/ vette air and intake shroud. It was dyno tuned bay Carolina Auto Masters using HP-Tuners. With drag radials it's ready for a high 10 second time slip.

Dave

Well it's good that you didn't because your for sale add should go here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/

:)

wfo
12-13-09, 11:57 AM
Do it!!

I did it with my 08 black Z06 and haven't regretted it once.

Now I have an 09 Recoro equipped V in Black Raven and love it.

NoExpert
12-14-09, 12:58 AM
I'd give my right eye to have any of those cars. You're a lucky guy. :D

MReiland
12-14-09, 09:41 AM
I'd even throw my left eye for good measure :worship:

keatdog
12-14-09, 10:40 AM
I'm currently driving an 07 Z06 as the daily driver and am interested in moving up to a CTS-V. The 09s look particularly appealing due to GM's $5K discount and further dealer discounts. My local dealerships (Virginia Beach, Va) aren't interested in discounting the Vs beyond GM's discount as some of the board's sponsoring dealerships do. I would gladly buy from one of the board dealers but my Z06 trade-in becomes the rub. They want me to drive the Z in for an appraisal. A 1400 mile drive for that just is not going to happen. I guess the point of this post is to ask if anyone knows a dealership closer to me that's willing to discount an 09 ...or .... a far-away dealer that's willing to work a little more on the trade-in.

Thanks in advance for the help!:bouncy:

Dave

i bought mine at hendrick cadillac in Charlotte i got a heck of a deal it has the big breaks and the recaro seats the only disappointment was the car is silver i wanted black but it is beautiful

Keatdog

C6Z06
12-14-09, 01:34 PM

Dave

Dave, if the Z was gray (2008 and newer I think) I would buy it from you. If you want to drive my 2009 CTS-V just PM me here or on Tidewater Racing. Later, Scott .

undy
12-14-09, 02:13 PM
Well it's good that you didn't because your for sale add should go here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/

:)

Sorry... PM'd you about it.

I'd give my right eye to have any of those cars. You're a lucky guy. :D

Thanks, I would imagine it's all small potatoes compared to what a lot of people have here on this board.

Dave, if the Z was gray (2008 and newer I think) I would buy it from you. If you want to drive my 2009 CTS-V just PM me here or on Tidewater Racing. Later, Scott .

Thanks for the offer Scott. Driving yours would just make things worse, especially if things don't work out. I really don't want to deal with selling a used car. I don't have the time or energy right now to accomplish.

It would seem that there seems to be a natural progression by people from the Z to the V though...

Dave

Z06ified
12-14-09, 02:29 PM
It would seem that there seems to be a natural progression by people from the Z to the V though...

Or both - I kept my Z and got the V. :) Granted, mine is only a C5 Z, and is almost 8 years old already, but that's what made it easier to keep, seeing that it was paid for, and is worth only $20k anyway. As much I love my new V, there are things my old Z can do that the V could never do (and vice versa, of course). They both are really great cars, but in totally different ways.

wfo
12-14-09, 06:20 PM
For a daily driver the Z was difficult to get in and out of for me. You literally to roll out. The car was absolutley beautiful. Another issue for me was you had to place a hand print or finger print the back hatch everytime you put something in the the trunk; which for me was my briefcase everyday.

The Vette guys all know what I'm talking about on both points which if no counting the lower front fascia and all the driveway issues. But when you love your Vettes you'll put up with it all is my guess. But like I said it was my daily. I'm a fit 54 year old too. Having just recently won the 2009 NPC Labrada Nutriton Texas State Championship Bodybuilding Competition in Oct. garybenkendorf.com see the gallery section. You can see I'm not "rolling out" for health associated reasons.

JBsZ06
12-14-09, 10:12 PM
that 38.5 for the Z06 is an excellent price. I don't see that car hanging out for long. I to agree with the getting in and out of the vette on a daily basis.. as compared to the luxury oriented CTS V that pumps out 556hp..

I don't imagine selling a C6 Z06 for 38.5 is too hard.. I might have to go look at atomic orange again. As beautiful as the Atomic orange color is....I never thought I'd own an atomic orange car so I hestitate and really should buy a CTS V myself. (50 and getting in and out of the vette can be a pain in the @ss no matter how many hours a week someone spends at the gym...

I also dig the good looks of the sleek two seat vette. (more so with the Z06, grand sport, ZR1 wide body but I like taking the top off all summer. Didn't think I'd ever take it off after owning a 500hp C5 Z06 but its been great!

To complicate the purchase of a V series .....

I'm also an owner of a CTS AWD 304hp FE2 and I'm not selling that (AWD needed for snow etc) so I'd have two CTS's...which might be kinda weird..

Post up your C6 Z06 on the corvette forums or z06 vette.com at that price and I'd bet it would be gone in a week..

stars_fan
12-15-09, 01:38 PM
Undy I'm interested in your car. I plan on flying out to richmond to visit some family sometime around the 8-17th of January.

Any chance I could get some pictures?

Gotham CTS-V
12-15-09, 02:30 PM
My honest oppinion is that if you already have a regular CTS, why not keep the Z06? You have the comfort when you want and the monster Z06 when you feel like it. I needed 1 car but if I could have 2 cars, I'd have exactly whats in your stable.

undy
12-15-09, 03:08 PM
Undy I'm interested in your car. I plan on flying out to richmond to visit some family sometime around the 8-17th of January.

Any chance I could get some pictures?

PM me your email and I'll send some pics to you..

My honest oppinion is that if you already have a regular CTS, why not keep the Z06? You have the comfort when you want and the monster Z06 when you feel like it. I needed 1 car but if I could have 2 cars, I'd have exactly whats in your stable.

Did I say somehwere I had a CTS?? I don't .... but would like to have one, with a big "V" on the end of it:D

PLEASE! If there's any follow-on questions about buying or selling my Z06, please PM me with them. I've never been booted from a forum and don't want to start now..:canttalk:

Aside from that, it's a proper and just rule that I need to follow.:yup:

JBsZ06
12-15-09, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry...I'm the one with the C6 Z51 1lt with NPP and the CTS sedan 300hp AWD FE2.

I was just looking at the two in the garage and for those that wonder why the CTS V has such an allure to many corvette owners...(in addition to its performance, good looks, its practicality) The roof of my corvette lines up about the same height of the door where the window starts..

Hate to say it....but from a daily driver perspective....Its just easier to get in and out of the CTS V than it is the corvette because its so much lower..

Looks awesome as a sports car...but during the day sometimes....Its just easier to get in and out of the Just as fast....CTS V...

Plus you have room for two in the back when you want it...

At the price you're selling the atomic orange Z06 ...it'll be gone in a matter of days...

You priced it to move without a doubt.

Get ready for your CTS V ..

What color you getting? ;)

Best of luck

JB

BeagleBrains
12-15-09, 09:48 PM
My wife and I have been beating the idea around of trading/selling our 07 Z51 Convertible, buy a new CTS V Coupe and keep our 04 CTS V. I do so enjoy the Convertible though.
The Vette has been an avenue for my tinkering penchant. Billy Boat exhaust, Greenwood body and rear wing (very nicely integrated design), Pioneer DVD/Nav Radio, Kicker Amps, etc, wheels, tires, (looking at white leather interior mod). Then a Whipple Super Charger. Well maybe we will keep the Z51 Vette. The most fun part is driving with the Corvette Club while transporting young college girls in Home-Coming parades. Had to provide rides at the Iowa Speeday for the Hooters race a while back; doing my civic duty>:highfive:

Gotham CTS-V
12-16-09, 11:24 AM
Sorry, I was in a rush lol...

I say the CTS-V is the best of both worlds. If you can only have 1 daily driver, this car fits the bill. Fast as hell, VERY comfortable interior, badass looks but still refined and a gentleman's car, and room for 5. The Z06 is the ultimate sportscar (in my oppinion) as it has that nasty LS7, it's lightweight and uses exotic materials to achieve this, the widebody stance makes it look like the batmobile, and it has an intoxicating soundtrack. I love it and miss mine dearly. I just needed something more practical. However, if I could have 2 cars, I'd get a small/mid-size AWD sedan either from BMW, MB, Lexus, or Caddy, and have the Z06 as the toy. Goodluck

DrumStix
12-16-09, 05:04 PM
If you want to take a drive down to Raleigh I can get you the hook up on a new one. You will not be disappointed int he deal. Send me the CTS-V specifics you are interested in.