: 97 catera electrical problems? HELP

kingsnake
12-11-09, 03:21 PM
SO in doing some searching I have run across a number of thread s where people have similair issues but I just cant find a good answer.

For the longest time my cateras interior lights have been sporadic at best, usually they dont come on, either when I open the door or push the button, and sometimes the auto windows dont work. I also have the issue with the radio shutting off if it is turned up, and I have to shut the car off to make it work. At one point it wouldnt even come on after I restarted the car, it only worked after I disconnected and reconnected the battery.

Now I have a problem with ABS/Traction control. I have seen others with similair issues, however they describe the speedo / odo not working, both of which work fine for me. The ABS and traction control will work for a period of time, sometimes long sometimes goes out immediatly, and will reset when I shut off the car.

Then just recently my headlights stopped working when I shut the car off, I think its called a twilight sentry or something, anyway they used to stay on, now they shut off immediatly when the key is turned off.

What is going on with this car? Please help.

R-Caddy
12-12-09, 02:38 PM
See if another Body Control Module and/or Multifunction Module will solve anything. Start with the Multifunction module, since they are easier to replace (1-to buy one; 2-to physically replace one).

All2kool
12-28-09, 10:51 PM
My interior lights had the SAME issue...sporadic at best. A replacement of the Multifunction Module (K134 Relay) solved it. The same with the automatic windows.