: V seat question

luckyflyer
12-11-09, 01:18 PM
I'm the proud owner of a white 09 V. I simply love this car except for 1 thing .......the front seats. Mine are the standard seats and all I can say is that after about 30 minutes on the road my a$$ is sore from the lack padding. It also seems that the horizontal part of the seat is too short which causes the back of my legs to get tired and sore after awhile. My question is are the standard cts seats any different then the standard v seats as far as paddind and diminsions are concerned. I have 2k on the odo now and feel that I've allowed enough time to get used to the seats but I don't think that is ever going to happen.
Thanks,
luckyflyer

commander112
12-11-09, 01:41 PM
Standard CTS seats are cut from the same as the standard V seat. Your best bet is keep an eye out for some used Recaro's and do a retrofit. The jury is still out on if you can get the cooling feature to work without major modification though as nobody appears to have done this swap yet. I have asked and an going to attempt to make the swap when I can find a set of ebony seats. There is also a thread that was just started about having an upolstery shop add foam to the standard seats to make them more supportive.

thebigjimsho
12-11-09, 10:47 PM
Recaros FTW.

dvandentop
12-11-09, 10:51 PM
i sent an email to gmparts direct to see if they can get me the part # for recaros i will post it here when so