: Do Catera Owners like the 2011 Buick Regal?

investor74
12-10-09, 10:59 PM
I clicked on the ad that runs on this forum for the 2011 Buick Regal. Wow, what a knockout!. Quite frankly, I have never been able to warm to the CTS styling (guess you like it or you don't). I still think the Catera looks sharp.

Do you like the new Buick?

Barry

AHazzardToAll
12-10-09, 11:05 PM
I like the side lines on it. Resemble like a 5xx bmw, but the front and back just look like a toyota to me. Yuck!

AHazzardToAll
12-10-09, 11:05 PM
but i am one of those guys who liked the cts from the get-go

investor74
12-10-09, 11:56 PM
Now that I look at it again, the back does look just like an Avalon, but I think the front is pretty distinctive. For some reason, GM stylists run out of gas at the back. For example, I think the new Malibu looks great from any angle except the back.

Barry
'97 Forrest Green Catera

CateraMV6
12-11-09, 01:56 AM
I like it for the fact that I can swap out the Opel badges and drive it like my current car, with plenty of drivers slowing down to take a closer look.

The catera will always be my favorite car and it will be hard to find a good replacement but at some point she will have to go and this could be a decent candidate for her.

AHazzardToAll
12-11-09, 02:01 AM
ha ha, when i replace my catera it's gonna be a corvette... :cool2:

R-Caddy
12-11-09, 06:43 PM
When I replace my Catera, it will be a Caterror :D
No, seriously, I think it looks good. Isn't that also the new Opel Insignia? By the looks of it, it seems to be on the heavy side.

guardian
12-19-09, 03:05 PM
The 2011 Buick Regal is OK. But it's no Catera. When it comes to styling, the Cat has no peer.

Also, the Catera is a Cadillac. And there's a lot to be said for that. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

But you have to give Buick credit for prescience. They surely dropped their former spokesman timely. :gothiwink:

ondale
12-20-09, 11:40 AM
Not bad, but I think the Pontiac G8 would be a great successor. To bad, like the Catera you won't be able to buy a new one.http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/02/pontiac_g8_gt_show_car.jpg

OpelOmegaB
12-20-09, 03:54 PM
Also, the Catera is a Cadillac. And there's a lot to be said for that. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi,

thank goodness it's NOT a Cadillac.:thehand: Just check your VIN, it starts with a "W", made by Opel in Ruesselsheim, Germany.
It's an Opel Omega with a few minor body modifications and the new 2011 Buick Regal is an Opel Insignia, which is a very nice car with excellent reviews in the European press.:thumbsup:

guardian
12-20-09, 04:51 PM
Hi,

thank goodness it's NOT a Cadillac.:thehand: Just check your VIN, it starts with a "W", made by Opel in Ruesselsheim, Germany.
It's an Opel Omega with a few minor body modifications and the new 2011 Buick Regal is an Opel Insignia, which is a very nice car with excellent reviews in the European press.:thumbsup:

Thanks. Made me smile. With over 460 posts to this forum I surely know about Opel, about Rüsselsheim . . . . and I know the Cadillac Catera is a modified Opel Omega. But to me it's still a Cadillac. And I like Cadillacs! :)

Matera97
12-20-09, 05:22 PM
CateraMV6 said: I like it for the fact that I can swap out the Opel badges and drive it like my current car, with plenty of drivers slowing down to take a closer look.

You're absoluty right one that one, if I were to purchase the new Regal the first thing I'd do is buy an Insignia grille, it looks so much nicer than the Buick grille, the Opel rims are also nicer. Does anyone know if the Regal's front lights work the same as the Opels with the LEDS? This could be a fun car to reconvert. I'm with you on this one MV6

Matera97
12-20-09, 06:18 PM
Nevermind about the led headlights, I can tell from photos that it does have them. Heres a nice pic of an Insignia though...
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0807_2009_opel_insignia_first_drive/photo_06.html