: Happy Birthday submariner409

eyekandyboats.inc
12-10-09, 05:43 PM
it says your 70!
Happy birthday Sub! have a beer on me!. go take you caddy out for a fun drive and rip of some asphalt!

:):mediumbanana::happybday4:

Submariner409
12-10-09, 05:47 PM
I slipped on the ice this morning, so I have an asphalt. Bourbon and Tylenol :lildevil:

Thanks............much appreciated.

ejguillot
12-10-09, 06:01 PM
Happy Birthday! Enjoy the bourbon, and watch your step!

eldorado99
12-10-09, 06:19 PM
Happy Birthday sub! I hope its the best one yet!

Stingroo
12-10-09, 06:22 PM
Happy birthday! :) Probably one of the most insightful people on this forum.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-10-09, 06:30 PM
Happy birthday!

eXile
12-10-09, 07:14 PM
Happy Birthday Sub,

Stings comment is beyond true, easily one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum concerning the 90's-03 Seville's. I always enjoy reading your long winded answers as they give insight rather than just a - here theres the answer get outta my hair - feeling.

Keep doing your thing Sub and be careful damn it! I need you around or I'd be screwed!

Not to mention when I get my Corsa exhaust next summer we have to meet up to compare. :lildevil:

~X

orconn
12-10-09, 07:14 PM
Congrats on your 70th birthday! And may you enjoy many more of 'em.

creeker
12-10-09, 07:33 PM
Happy birthday and all the best,thanks for your help in the past, watch out when you blow out the candles with that bourbon breath.

the recluse
12-10-09, 07:41 PM
I slipped on the ice this morning, so I have an asphalt. Bourbon and Tylenol :lildevil:

Thanks............much appreciated.

Don't fall and break a hip :sneaky:, and I nurse my aches with just bourbon :drool: :alchi:

Ranger
12-10-09, 07:53 PM
Hey, Happy Birthday Sub! And many many more.

Rolex
12-10-09, 08:32 PM
Happy birthday sub. Cheers :cheers:

LS1Mike
12-10-09, 09:27 PM
Happy Birthday! COB...Submarines Once, Sumbmarines Twice! Holy Jumping Jesus Christ...I am sure you know the rest!

ryannel2003
12-10-09, 10:28 PM
Happy birthday Sub! Don't get in too much trouble with that STS of yours. God knows it's hard :sneaky:

77CDV
12-10-09, 10:56 PM
Felicitations!

iowasevillests
12-10-09, 11:38 PM
Happy birthday and here's to many more ahead of you, we all thank you for continuing to share your immense knowledge and insight!

V-Eight
12-11-09, 01:06 AM
Happy birthday mate, hope it was a good one!

dkozloski
12-11-09, 01:13 AM
Happy Birthday to the sewer pipe sailor.LOL Sometimes the submarine guys start thinking they're something special and the tin can sailors have to remind them what it was really like. I stood fire and security watches in the sub sailor barracks at Dam neck, Va. and there were places where you had to remember to hold your breath as you made your rounds. It takes a special kind of guy to thrive in that kind of environment and America was lucky to have guys like Sub that could do it.

RightTurn
12-11-09, 02:31 AM
Party like it's 1999!!

http://www.nataliedee.com/051707/shitty-party.jpg

Submariner409
12-11-09, 09:25 AM
Thanks to everyone.........Had a nice, lazy day, DID NOT bust my ass, and went to a local seafood restaurant (Ya see food an' y'eat it !) for fried oysters at 1930.

Dave, the stink in the Dam Neck sub barracks was from all the burned up Sperry Inertial Navigator parts. Us sub sailors were always Prince Pure. (LS1Mike knows.....) You were the guys making all the rocket and gunfire noises while we were trying to "study" :sneaky:.

(I studied a little blonde over in Sand Bridge for the summer........)

dkozloski
12-11-09, 12:27 PM
Thanks to everyone.........Had a nice, lazy day, DID NOT bust my ass, and went to a local seafood restaurant (Ya see food an' y'eat it !) for fried oysters at 1930.

Dave, the stink in the Dam Neck sub barracks was from all the burned up Sperry Inertial Navigator parts. Us sub sailors were always Prince Pure. (LS1Mike knows.....) You were the guys making all the rocket and gunfire noises while we were trying to "study" :sneaky:.

(I studied a little blonde over in Sand Bridge for the summer........)
You have to admit that the radio controlled drones they shot at on the gun line were the meanest sounding machines on the planet. I used to go watch just for the air show and the beautiful engines noises.

Submariner409
12-11-09, 01:16 PM
If I'm not mistaken, didn't those target drones have an air-cooled McCulloch two cycle 4-cylinder flat engine with a wooden prop? Lord knows they were loud, and they flew pretty well. I saw one get hit - that was a no-no - the gunners were supposed to set in a couple of degrees of trajectory offset........If you remember, the enlisted beach was next to the rifle and pistol range !

.............I'll bet that, in '62, those radio controlled drones used all vacuum tube electronics............made by Jim Reed and Walt Good of model airplane fame in the early RC days.

dkozloski
12-11-09, 01:54 PM
It was vacuum tube stuff but they were made by the Radioplane corp. which was owned by Reginald Denny the movie actor. One of his first employees was a technician named Marilyn Monroe. It started out as Reginald Denny's Hobby Shops. The control system was based on transmitted tones and tuned reeds in the receiver. Walt goods deal was a continuous escapement like old Berkley "Autotrol".

Submariner409
12-11-09, 02:10 PM
Yep, rubber band clock escapement.

ewill3rd
12-11-09, 05:18 PM
Happy Birthday sub!!
Today is actually my Wife's birthday too!
Dang December babies!! :lol:

Hope you got some quality time to do whatever the freak you wanted!
That's what birthdays are all about.