: coolant leak?

ocmdiaz714
12-10-09, 04:26 PM
There were three small drops of coolant on top of the coolant reservoir tank. Time for an engine rebuild? The AC works fine and blows cold but the heater is not functioning, it blows cold. I suspect a faulty heater core as the windshield fogs up at times, even with AC/Heater off. I get no error codes or coolant indicator. The coolant is also a rusty brown. I'm getting that flashed this week.

outsider
12-10-09, 04:30 PM
hmmm, i doubt coolant leaking from the engine would end up on the reservoir tank...maybe the hoses going into the tank leaked a little?

ocmdiaz714
12-10-09, 04:43 PM
hmmm, i doubt coolant leaking from the engine would end up on the reservoir tank...maybe the hoses going into the tank leaked a little?

Yeah. That's what I thought, that's what I was told by a member on another forum...that I might need to replace the heads. The engine doesn't overheat.

Stingroo
12-10-09, 08:20 PM
Time to just cut your losses and sell that car. You have a new post about a new problem practically once a week. I can almost set my clocks by it. I would have moved along ages ago.

jayoldschool
12-10-09, 09:18 PM
I think he posts here just to see what we will say. The responses on the other forum are just as funny.

sven914
12-10-09, 10:05 PM
Stick a fork in it.