Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Leaking Intake manifold and other probs

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  KidMet 
#1 · (Edited)
2000 Escalade 109k miles.

I got my thermostat replaced at Pep Boys this week. (I would have done it myself, but it overheated 50 miles from the house. Free tow to Pep Boys) They also told me I had a leak at my intake manifold (coolant). Anyone ever had this problem? Suggestions? Can I fix it myself as it's probably just the gasket I would assume? I am pretty good working on cars, but never worked on the Escalade as I just got it.

Also, my rear control for the A/C works fine, but the front is on heat and the rear still blows cold. Curious about this. (Is there a cold/heat control in the back that I just am not seeing?) Edit: I have seen numerous posts and will be trying to reset my accutuator soon!

#3 ·
The intake gaskets on the 5.7 are famous for leaking...it is a big job(lots of small stuff to remove) but nothing really tricky other than getting the distributor back in correctly.More than likely you will have to take it to a shop with a computer to zero out the timing.

#6 ·
Finished the manifold gasket with limited problems. Fired it up and it ran perfectly. I marked the distributor so I knew how to put it back in correctly. No timing problems at all. I did forget to reconnect the brake booster vaccum hose when i buttoned it all up, so that made for an interesting first start. I also ended up having to replace the thermostat that Pep Boys charged me $250 to change. It was stuck shut. not too pleased.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.