Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Help. my 02 EXT says service Stabilitrak

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  sk7 
#1 ·
took it to the dealer. they replaced some $12 sensor and charged me $265 out the door. I went out to drive the truck home and the light came on again. They are still looking at it, but they told me it may be the EBCM?
They said that part would be like $1000, but maybe they could get a used one?
WTF, I am considering doing nothing. Am I in any danger driving it this way?
Thanks!!!

#4 ·
Getting rid of the service stability system is easy! Unplug battery, unplug power plug to the EBCM, replug battery. The harder part is taking care of the ABS light that will stay on now due to the EBCM not responding. You need to remove the LED from the cluster. I posted pics of the procedure in climate control bulbs replacement thread.

#6 ·
ATE is your best bet for fixing your EBCM. They charge $150 to rebuilt the module. They were not able to fix mine (after 2 attempts), but pcguy got good results here (2 shots tho...). Then you need to consider that removing the module from the brake assembly is a pita. Bolts are most likely to break off. If you are ever lucky and manage to remove all bolts, and get it repaired, then there's the front bearings/abs sensors that are prone to failure. I'm glad I went the fully manual route. Had the Lade out last weekend on snow and ice covered secondary roads. Works flawless!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.