: Different Radio Issue

DriveMeCrazy
12-08-09, 10:37 PM
So I've noticed a strange issue with my first Catera ('98) and also my current 2001. When I set my bass and treble settings, they will automatically change back the middle (default setting) when I change the radio station. If I set the bass and treble while listening to a CD, the settings stay and don't change under that mode; meaning I can switch from FM to CD and the CD settings stay the way there were when I switch back over to CD, but the FM/AM settings return to default. Why is this? Both cars had/have the BOSE system.

I know that description is a little funny to understand, but I'm hoping someone knows what I'm talking about.

R-Caddy
12-08-09, 10:48 PM
Haven't seen that yet in my Bose. However, my coworker's is doing something similar I believe, in addition to the volume knob acting up

CateraMV6
12-09-09, 03:07 AM
Mine has had that thing ever since day one, seems that if I switch the radio via the steering wheel buttons they go to default...

If I use the tune button to move to the next station nothing happens, but If I use the presets then it will do it.

It makes me wonder if you have to set the station, then set the Base/treble and then hit the preset button to store it... maybe that will cause it to remember the settings.

I will try that tomorrow.

CateraMV6
12-09-09, 02:40 PM
Ok, here is a solution for you.

Set the station that you want to store in memory, set the base, and treble and then press and hold the button 1-6 where you want to store it... hold it for at least 4 sec untill you hear a beep tone...

That well store the radio preset as well as the sound settings.

It has to be done for each radio station.

DriveMeCrazy
12-09-09, 10:48 PM
:2thumbs: That's fantastic! I like the idea of not having to adjust the settings for the different types of music on each station. I will surely set it correctly. Thanks!!