: Odd request...

outsider
12-08-09, 11:28 AM
Anyone know of a company/store that sells classic Cadillac calendars? I want one for my cubicle here at work :(

csbuckn
12-08-09, 12:41 PM
a google search will probably bring up a few

sven914
12-08-09, 02:32 PM
I don't think there are any that just have Cadillac. But if you go to any GM dealership, parts department, and ask for the "Classic Car" calender, they'll give you one for free. The calender usually has 3 or 4 good Cadillac pictures along with all your favorite GM cars from the 1950's.

Another option would be designing your own calender using pictures of your car and/or images from the internet (if you Google Cadillac wallpaper, you can find some real high quality prints). You can then go to web sites like zazzle (http://www.zazzle.com/custom/calendars) or vistaprint (http://www.vistaprint.com/personalized-calendars.aspx?GP=12%2f8%2f2009+2%3a29%3a42+PM) to put the images in a calender, which the company will mail you for a fee that may or not equal the price of a calender at Wal-Mart.

outsider
12-08-09, 02:41 PM
we should develop our own with member cars as the pictures!

sven914
12-08-09, 03:02 PM
we should develop our own with member cars as the pictures!

In theory that sounds like a great idea, but then we would have to spend an entire month looking at Sal's Escalade, or some plastic crap STS, or "The Oldest Cadillac on the Forum" 1964 Coupe de Ville.

outsider
12-08-09, 04:19 PM
lmao...we could always have votes available for picking the best cars :D

Stingroo
12-08-09, 05:02 PM
I would really enjoy one, and I would definitely purchase it if it were like $15 or less.

We could get pictures of Bro-Ham's sexy yellow machine, of Barbara Ann, Sal's Escalade could get in there too (he owns the joint, after all). That gorgeous yellow DeVille that's a few posts below this... that new guy Rick's gorgeous brand new V.

I think it would be sweet. Maybe even Chad and LS1Mike's Regal GS's for December, poor man's STS. :p

eldorado99
12-08-09, 05:48 PM
We used to have a member's calendar a few years ago, wasn't too expensive if I recall correctly. I'm not really sure why we stopped.

sven914
12-08-09, 06:15 PM
We could get pictures of Bro-Ham's sexy yellow machine, of Barbara Ann, Sal's Escalade could get in there too (he owns the joint, after all). That gorgeous yellow DeVille that's a few posts below this... that new guy Rick's gorgeous brand new V.

As much as I would love to see more of Bro-Ham's de Ville, or even Dopestar's 76 Coupe, I've seen both of those (types of) cars sitting in parking lots. And as Escalade's; you can't hit a golf ball without one mowing down a fire hydrant and hitting a tree. They're everywhere. Drive down the road and go "One Brougham, Two Brougham, Red Brougham, Blue Brougham."

For me to enjoy a calender, the cars have to be so rare that nobody owns one, except the dude who has the car in the picture. But in all honesty, if the CadillacForums official calender was mandatory 1979 or older, I'd get it and enjoy it.

Stingroo
12-08-09, 07:31 PM
See, I rarely see them. I see the FWD DeVilles all over the place, and the STS's, but that's it.

outsider
12-08-09, 07:32 PM
I'd definately like to see my 69 in there once it's painted next spring :D

77CDV
12-09-09, 02:01 AM
Here you are.....

http://cadillaclasalleclub.com/2010calendarorderform.pdf

Stingroo
12-09-09, 02:38 AM
LOL I was just about to suggest CLC may have one in my last post, but I wasn't sure. Craig to the rescue!

1964CoupeDeville
12-09-09, 03:36 AM
No 1964 Cadillac? It's the last of the tail fin cars after all!

csbuckn
12-09-09, 09:57 AM
A google search gave me nothing. I wouldnt have thought it would be so difficult to find one, especially around Christmas. My aunt used to get them for me this time of the year from Wallys

HAZZARDJOHN
12-09-09, 09:58 AM
...They're everywhere. Drive down the road and go "One Brougham, Two Brougham, Red Brougham, Blue Brougham."

move to the salt belt, you'll never see a brougham again. They just didn't survive up here. My neihgbor had a 1983 deville when I was a kid that was so rusty you could punch through every panel with your fist and it was only a 6 year old car. Ten years is a good run In MN for a car, anything other than that is gravy. There are exceptions though, My 1992 roadmaster I sold last year had 12 owners all in MN before me it didn't have a speck of rust anywhere. It was wierd.

~HJ

outsider
12-09-09, 10:15 AM
hard to find them up here in maine, too. only old men who garage them and crazy guys like me have them.

sven914
12-09-09, 06:26 PM
move to the salt belt, you'll never see a brougham again. They just didn't survive up here.

I do live in the salt belt (it rained last week so they salted the roads).

If I want to look at other '80' RWD's, I just have to drive to the downtown area and they'll be coming out of the wood work. Last gen Fleetwoods usually run the highway and '80's-'90's FWD's can be found in the commercial district. If I want to see DCSTS's, Escalades, or V series cars and don't want to go to the new car lot, I can usually drive around the more affluent neighborhoods a few times before the fuzz realizes my car is about 10 years too old and don't belong. If all else fails, I can usually find a herd of Cadillac outside a Wal-Mart.

So if your that desperate to see "New Cadillac" you can just come to Ohio; We got free range Cadillac. Pick em as you see em.

The-Dullahan
12-11-09, 09:27 PM
You don't see Brougham's down here either, the all got "Donked" by ghetto kids who invested in paint, wheels and hydraulics instead of caring for them and wound up breaking down and being scrapped, then destroyed for metal supply. No joke. I wish there were more in junkyards, I still need a wheel for mine, her left-rear wheel came off of a Caprice Classic and doesn't work with the hubcap and I am NOT putting those hideous twenty-inch, 100-spoke gold rims back on...

The rest of them were swallowed up by the Demolition Derby business (The eleventh Generation Fleetwood Brougham is a LEGEND in that industry, as she was a nearly indestructible BEAST)

Mine is just about the only one people see and I can PROVE IT! I live in a major tourism are (We have Universal, Disney, Seaworld, etc, etc) and so many people are here from all over the country, the world even and when they see my car and don't even realize it's a CADDY! It's terrible.

Admittedly, my car's the...uh..."Extended Cab"
or "Horizontal Limo" version of the car, but from the sides, back and especially, the front it's CLEARLY a Cadillac.

A nice Cadillac Calendar would be amazing, but Escalades, Cts-V, there isn;t anything WRONG with those cars, but they are not all that amazing. Give them a few generations, when they are difficult to find and THEN there can be a calendar for them. Or maybe they need to make different Categories.

The 1979 and under category, :worship:

The 1959-1964 tailfin category, :thumbsup:

The plastic, fiberglass 2000-2009 tiny, little car category, :yawn:

Even the "I'm a Badass and I drive a Hearse" category :want:
for people like me...

And then, by this point, it serves no purpose in CaddyForum to even Make the calendars, because it would be better for them to be made by collector's clubs specializing in those specific models.

My_favorite_Brougham
12-12-09, 12:33 AM
My Brougham was in the calendar back in '08. We voted on the Cadillac pictures over in the lounge forums. We ought to do it again; was $30 for a nice big laminated one.

And I'm pretty sure someone on here has a '54 or a '55 Sedan Deville. I've seen it in a pic with their two other Cadillacs.

-Greg

outsider
12-12-09, 10:49 AM
$30 is a lot for a calendar but it would be worth it if you truely love these old dinosaurs and want to display your love for them...I'd buy one

brougham
12-12-09, 02:19 PM
I know someone who bought one of the forum Calendars a few years ago. His car was in it s every month he ripped the next page out so he was just looking at his picture again and again and again. I made him a calendar with 12 months worth of his car and some other ones I thought he'd like.
As for rusting out most of the Cadillacs you see around here are from the late 90s or newer. Pretty much any car you see is that age.

CADDYDADDY13
12-12-09, 06:39 PM
I actually got a real Cadillac calendar for Christmas from my mom for 2003. She got it at a calendar store that they set up for the holidays in the mall. It was sweet! But I have never seen one again...
It has: 90 Allante, 2002 Escalade EXT, 57 biarritz, 59 series 62 conv, 58 Eldo Brougham, 55 series62 conv, 68 Deville, 50 series62 sedan, 54 series 62 conv, 34 V-16 coupe, 56 series 62 conv, and a 53 Eldo.

It was nice and unique. But i would have loved to see them spread out the pics over the decades more, some 60's 70's 80's 90's too. Escalade unnecessary!

has website www.browntrout.com (http://www.browntrout.com) on back. and name ron kimball on it as well.