: My friends 09 V and a NEW SS Camaro

thunder gray
12-08-09, 02:12 AM
Well my friend is driving back to Sacramento from Las Vegas doing about 75 in the slow lane when a shinny new Blue SS Camaro pulls up next to him, gives the Camaro a few pushes. My friend doesn't respond so the Camaro keeps it up, well my friend hit the V and jumps out about 6-7 car lenghts changes lanes befor the Camaro know what happened the V is waaay down the road. My friend looks down and OMG he is doing 120, slows down pulls back into the slow lane at 80 or so and here comes the Camaro. The Blue SS slows down looks my friends V over and shakes his head and takes off. My friend just smiled and continued on knowing that SS is a nice family car.

cts-v2009
12-08-09, 03:25 AM
nice kill I did raced SS comaro 2 weeks ago rolling from 60 km to 180 km and killed him very very easily ...

sikohsix
12-08-09, 04:11 AM
Generally, you'll find out that if yr in a V, Camaro SS's will calm down in yr prescence. I know what I'm talking about. Round a mnth ago, I'm driving and I see a Camaro SS weaving thru traffic, flooring it at lights and cutting ppl off. I laugh:D. C'mon duke, beating toyotas at the light and cuttin' off minivans? As soon as I get parallel to him on the left, he falls back into timid mode and drives like he's got some sense, right behind the 4banger Altima. Huh?

csp3000
12-08-09, 11:27 AM
I wonder how the V would stack up against the Camaro Z28 when it comes out?

cts-v2009
12-08-09, 11:58 AM
Camaro Z28 will be little faster >>> same CTS-V engine + less weight ...

Nine Ball
12-08-09, 01:07 PM
My 2010 Camaro SS ran 13.0 bone stock at the track. That isn't enough to keep up with my CTS-V. Driving them back to back, no comparison performance-wise. The V accelerates so much harder, brakes better, and even handles better than my Camaro. But, I like both cars for different reasons.

Tony

gnxs
12-08-09, 03:33 PM
I've come across several new SS Camaros since buying my car. They drove very "respectfully" around me. I would have liked to mix it up with them, but they didn't start with me so I just let them be.

I'm sure when the new Z/28 comes out that those drivers will have a little different attitude when it comes to challenging the "V". I always have my Cobra to lay the smack down on the Camaros though (since they're really more direct competitors than the "V is anyway).

ecorpuz12
12-08-09, 06:05 PM
i too, have seen camaros behave in a more civilized manner when they see the chrome grill rolling up from behind.

here's a funny story...i had two morons in a circa 2000 civic with an obnoxious exhaust pipe try to challenge me at a freeway on ramp stoplight that went from 2 lanes to one.....LOL....it was like a 12 yr old fat kid challenging Usain Bolt to a race. so anyway, about 2 mins later the civic finally catches up to me on the freeway and throttles up as they drive past me as if they "got" me. so sad....

CIWS
12-08-09, 06:35 PM
Your friend has got another 30,000 dollars on him, he should be faster. Kinda like what a ZR1 vs CTS-V situation would be. However since Mr Camaro wanted to play, well he got his answer. :D