: CTS-V Delivered Today! Thanks Scott!

TrevorD
12-07-09, 10:00 PM
After nearly two weeks of much anticipation, my CTS-V was delivered this morning. I sealed the deal with Scott at Superior Cadillac the day before Thanksgiving on a deal that I couldn't refuse. There was no haggling! His first offer was unreal, and I said let's do it. It's an '09 black/black manual with Recaros, nav, polished wheels, sunroof, and suede steering wheel/shifter. I own my own business, so I couldn't just get away to get the car. Scott arranged the dealer trade to get the car all the way from Maryland, and it was then shipped to me in TX from MI. Dan's Transport brought me the car, and Dan actually brought me my 2010 Camaro SS this past June, too! This is the second time I've used him, and the experience was great. Prior to my car being delivered, I never drove or sat in a new CTS-V. My business partner had a 2005 V, but I didn't have any seat time in a v2. Scott made the deal super easy, and he made a sight-unseen purchase go as smooth as you could ever want. It rolled out of the enclosed trailer in perfect condition and super clean. I was cheesing it up like a 10-year-old in a candy store! :D The weather was not the best today with mid-20's and fog and some patchy ice, but I got a little bit of seat time. The car is everything I expected and more. I rolled into the throttle a handful of times, and it's pretty impressive for a factory-stock car! It's everything you could want. It has the four-door practicality, handling of a sports car, comfort & amenities of a luxury car, manual tranny that I LOVE in my street toys, and the fun factor of just about any other car that I own. I have a 2010 Camaro SS in the garage with a 422 cid stroker, and it's not going to get much attention anytime soon. ;)

She'll be going on the dyno next week for a Texas Speed dyno tune. From that point, she'll end up with exhaust, induction, and a larger crank pulley. I think 550-570 RWHP will be fun for a while. I may build a forged short-block down the road, but for now I'm going to enjoy the car. I need to get some of my other projects running before I tear another one apart!

Thanks again Scott for everything. The numbers were great, the deal was easy, and the car is perfect! I highly recommend Scott. For anyone considering a V, do yourself a favor and give Scott a call. He'll make it worth your while. :) And, no, I'm not being compensated for the plug for Scott @ Superior. I run two internet-based businesses, and I know how important it is to get positive feedback for a job well done.

Trevor

neuronbob
12-07-09, 10:18 PM
Looks like Scott hooked another one.

Congrats and enjoy in good health!

richeic77
12-07-09, 10:18 PM
AWESOME Man!! Can't wait to see how she does. Tony W just got his on a Dyno today. Impressive for a stock vehicle. Can't wait to get mine when I get home. It'll be in Chicago so that sucks, but when I get back to San Antonio I should be able to have some fun and see how it does.

BacDoc
12-07-09, 10:42 PM
So that's where it went. :grrr: Cockeysville bastards!

Congrats.

TrevorD
12-07-09, 11:03 PM
So that's where it went. :grrr: Cockeysville bastards!

Congrats.

Yep, it was traded from Cockeysville. Did you try to buy the car?

How did Tony's car do on the rollers? Do yourself a favor and make it a coming-home present for yourself after being overseas. :)

richeic77
12-08-09, 12:15 AM
How did Tony's car do on the rollers? Do yourself a favor and make it a coming-home present for yourself after being overseas. :)

Tony's car did 459/459 stock on the rollers. Has about a 1000 miles on it now.

Oh. It's already in the works with Scott. Downpayment sent, CC hold in place. Paperwork at the Parents house to Review and Sign. It's pretty much a done deal man. With the way everyhting is going, it'll be waiting in Chicago for me when I fly in on the 22nd. Scott's the man to work with.

Nine Ball
12-08-09, 01:12 PM
Congrats Trevor. What kind of car shall we both end up buying next?

Orange 69 - check
Gray 2010 SS - check
CTS-V - check

Same garages, different cities :)

TrevorD
12-08-09, 01:27 PM
Congrats Trevor. What kind of car shall we both end up buying next?

Orange 69 - check
Gray 2010 SS - check
CTS-V - check

Same garages, different cities :)

LMAO I'm done until I move. I'm out of room! I even have cars being stored in our trailers. I'm hoping to buy a house that's already built so I can just add a shop behind it, but all of the existing houses aren't that great. Ya want exactly what ya want if you're going to pay big money. I just don't want to wait 9 mo. for it to be built!

What really sucks is the weather is STILL bad here today, and I'm leaving early in the morning for PRI. I guess I'll save the seat time for when I get back on Saturday.

richeic77
12-08-09, 04:12 PM
Holy Crap. That is holarious!!! What you guy's need to do is get Joseph on board. His Meh '69 camaro is lagging behind.

Trevor needs a Viper to play catch-up with 1st Tony.

Krug Ford
12-08-09, 04:23 PM
LMAO I'm done until I move. I'm out of room! I even have cars being stored in our trailers. I'm hoping to buy a house that's already built so I can just add a shop behind it, but all of the existing houses aren't that great. Ya want exactly what ya want if you're going to pay big money. I just don't want to wait 9 mo. for it to be built!

What really sucks is the weather is STILL bad here today, and I'm leaving early in the morning for PRI. I guess I'll save the seat time for when I get back on Saturday.

At Least you have your car. You didn't think you would have it so fast.

Thanks again for the kind words and thanks again for the business.

There is not a lot of loaded V's left.

TrevorD
12-09-09, 12:34 AM
Trevor needs a Viper to play catch-up with 1st Tony.

I already got that out of my system. Jason bought one last year but since sold it. I was able to get the Viper out of my system without ever owning one. :D It wasn't my cup of tea, so to speak.

Scott, I was pleased to have the car so quick. Dan made it to Lubbock just in time. He was out yesterday before noon, and by yesterday evening the roads were icing over. This morning was horrible, and the drivers made it worse. Lemme know if you decide to start modding the Z06. :)

Trevor

BOYCHIKS
12-09-09, 12:54 AM
Congrats!!! Will stay posted to see the dyno results :)

richeic77
12-09-09, 11:42 AM
That's awesome. It's fun to have buddies who are car guy's and own a bunch of other cars. Makes it easy to get a thorough test drive out of your system.

Wait. Scott has a Z06? That's awesome!

Krug Ford
12-09-09, 11:57 AM
I have a bunch of cars and motorcycles. I am into speed.

Nine Ball
12-10-09, 11:10 PM
I can't get the Viper out of my system. It just looks so mean sitting here. Jason just didn't have the right mods on his!

I'm really enjoying the V so far, much more than the '10 Camaro. Z06 is getting cammed in a week or so, decided to keep it for a while.

Tony