: Cadillac classic grille

Warthug
12-06-09, 03:31 PM
Does any one know wer i can get a e n g cadillac classic grill for a 89 brougham. New or used 5597615590

Angry Matt
12-06-09, 06:19 PM
I think E&G still makes them new. They're on ebay all the time.They're something like $500-700 brand new though. I've found about 4 in my lifetime in junkyards, it's not easy but they pop up from time to time.

Stingroo
12-06-09, 06:23 PM
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=E%26G+Classics+grille+Cadillac+brougha m&_sacat=0&_trksid=m270&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=E%26G+Classics+grille&_osacat=0

Way too expensive for something that detracts from the looks of the car, IMHO.

05devilledave
12-06-09, 09:52 PM
I agree with Stingroo, I wouldnt buy it even if it were $49.95, I am always saddened when I see a gangsterized or pimped caddy. These grilles give me that impression, I saw an early 80s Deville the other day with a Gold EG looking grille. I positioned a grimace upon my face, and let out an unimpressed "Hmmm.."
Just not my thing I guess.

csbuckn
12-06-09, 10:12 PM
You should wait til you see one on craigslist. They are way overpriced. I got both of mine off craigs for 200 each.

Angry Matt
12-07-09, 09:59 AM
I ended up taking mine off. I like the original grill better also, but properly balanced with other customizations I think they look good. I you do get one, a friend of mine always used the chrome stick on trim from pepboys and did the inner lip with it because they will scratch the header and if you ever plan on taking it off you won't want that.

Cadillac Giovanni
12-07-09, 01:17 PM
"Rolls-Royce" grills like this, and Continental kits are two of my least favorite things to see on these cars. If I wanted a Rolls or a Continental, I would have bought one.

Slacker
12-07-09, 01:37 PM
My caddy came with one of these grills... well rusted. I've been looking for a replacement of the original grill with little luck. (Not a fan of this huge rusty grill on the front of my car. :))

I'd say if you want one, see if you can get used for a decent price. I couldn't image spending $500-$700 on a grill...