: Cadillac CTS-V (06) Used Oil Analysis - AMSOIL Signature Series 0w30

C66 Racing
12-06-09, 12:22 PM
All,
Apologize for being a stranger to the forum lately, new assignment in DC, with corresponding move, house purchase and setup, learning the new job, etc has resulted in my having very little free time. As there was a lot of interest in oil performance this summer in this subforum, I'm posting my last used oil analysis results here for those that are interested.

Due to my new commute (120 miles a day), I sold my 06 CTS-V daily driver and am still in the market for a new daily driver. The new owner graciously took the most recent used oil analysis sample which continues to show extremely good results for the AMSOIL 0w30 synthetic oils.
Cadillac CTS-V Used Oil Analysis - AMSOIL Signature Series 0w30 (http://www.c66racing-synthetics.com/TestResults/CTS-V%20AMSOIL%20UOA.htm)
:cheers:

lavaman
12-06-09, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the post. It is valuable to have data available to back up claims. I for one would love to see the numbers after switching that engine back to Mobile 1. I wonder if the driving habits of the new owner are similar to yours? It could make a difference in the reliability of future data.

Are you an AMSOIL dealer?

C66 Racing
12-06-09, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the post. It is valuable to have data available to back up claims. I for one would love to see the numbers after switching that engine back to Mobile 1. I wonder if the driving habits of the new owner are similar to yours? It could make a difference in the reliability of future data.

Are you an AMSOIL dealer?

I am a dealer - not trying to misrepresent myself - first line of my sig has my dealer info in it.

I suspect the driving habits of the new owner are about the same as we both bought the car for similar reasons (really enjoyed talking to him both before and after the sale). But, his commute is about four times longer than mine which might skew the info. Not sure what oil he intends to use next time around. I'll keep in touch with him and will consider paying for him to sample the oil again later.