: CTS cab?!?

Rolex
12-05-09, 10:57 AM
I landed in Vegas late last night. Stood in line forever for a cab in 30 degree temperatures. I always like to see what new vehicles they're making into cabs. I had a WTF moment because I saw a CTS cab!! It's blasphemy I tell you!! I failed to snap a pic, but if I see it again I will. I suppose if I was a cabbie I'd want to roll in a CTS. :)

The Crown Vic we rode in had 209,500 miles on it and the motor still ran and sounded great. The rest of the car rattled like dried beans in a tin can though. Well, Vegas awaits. ;)

The Tony Show
12-05-09, 11:06 AM
Have fun.

Rodya234
12-05-09, 11:17 AM
They have Maybach VIP cabs in Moscow. Now that's a sweet cab! :lol:
http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/04/Maybach_Cayenne_Russian_Limos.jpg
And yes, that is a Porsche Cayenne cab in front of it. :rolleyes:

Stingroo
12-05-09, 12:47 PM
I like the color-matched wheels on that Cayenne cab. That's pretty funny.

Gristle Boy
12-05-09, 01:17 PM
I saw the same thing in Vegas! Unfortunately the rear head room of the CTS doesn't make for a very good cab.

orconn
12-05-09, 03:38 PM
Weell, now CTS owners have the dubious distinction of joining with Mercedes owners worldwide by counting taxis and taxi drivers among their co-owners!

CIWS
12-05-09, 06:02 PM
I've seen SRX cabs here, which the space makes a little more sense.

Stingroo
12-05-09, 06:53 PM
I saw a CTS cab at the Amtrak station when I went home for thanksgiving. It was really weird. It doesn't look very cab-like at all.

Aron9000
12-07-09, 12:12 AM
I've seen a PT Cruiser cab. Horrible taxi, the back seat is so tiny.

Stingroo
12-07-09, 02:24 AM
Yes, yes it is. That's what my mom rented for me, my dad, and her to drive up to Jacksonville from Stuart with to take me to college this August. In short... I'm GLAD I opted not to take the mini fridge... nobody would fit in the damn thing. I'm about 5'9 and I was crushed the whole trip... it got so bad that at the first stop I switched seats with mom. LOL

Aron9000
12-07-09, 03:36 AM
I landed in Vegas late last night. Stood in line forever for a cab in 30 degree temperatures. I always like to see what new vehicles they're making into cabs. I had a WTF moment because I saw a CTS cab!! It's blasphemy I tell you!! I failed to snap a pic, but if I see it again I will. I suppose if I was a cabbie I'd want to roll in a CTS. :)

The Crown Vic we rode in had 209,500 miles on it and the motor still ran and sounded great. The rest of the car rattled like dried beans in a tin can though. Well, Vegas awaits. ;)

Yes, yes it is. That's what my mom rented for me, my dad, and her to drive up to Jacksonville from Stuart with to take me to college this August. In short... I'm GLAD I opted not to take the mini fridge... nobody would fit in the damn thing. I'm about 5'9 and I was crushed the whole trip... it got so bad that at the first stop I switched seats with mom. LOL

Are we talking about the 1st gen CTS or the 2nd gen model? I heard the 2nd Gen CTS got a significant boost in rear seat room and trunk capacity.

Stingroo
12-07-09, 01:56 PM
No no, I was referencing the PT Cruiser. I WISH we rented a CTS. lol

And how did my name get spelled wrong in the quote? >_>

V-Eight
12-07-09, 01:59 PM

Yeah PT cruisers are garbage. I'm 6'2", so I'm pretty much f**ked if I have to sit in the back lol

evois
12-09-09, 08:21 AM
saw the 2nd gen CTS here in the local enterprise rent-a-car. I'm like-what?

Rolex
12-09-09, 09:23 AM
I'm 99% sure this cab I saw in Vegas was a 1st gen CTS. I'm used to seeing Crown Vics, Dodges, Ford vans, etc., but Cadillac as a rental car doesn't fit. It's like wearing a tuxedo to a county fair demolitian derby event.

Stingroo
12-09-09, 11:27 AM
Eh.. I disagree. Take a look at Hertz. You'd be surprised what you can rent from them. lol

V-Eight
12-09-09, 11:40 AM
Eh.. I disagree. Take a look at Hertz. You'd be surprised what you can rent from them. lol

Very true. They have some really nice cars.

Rolex
12-09-09, 12:06 PM
Sorry, I meant as a fleet vehicle like a cab. I agree about rentals having some high end offerings. Hell, in Vegas you can even rent exotics to cruise the strip. :cool2:

Maybe it's just me but when a particular make and model gets bought en masse to use for cab service, it cheapens the brand. I wouldn't want that for the CTS.

Stingroo
12-09-09, 12:17 PM
You can rent exotics in South Florida too. A friend of mine rented a Porsche GT3 for a week when he came down on Spring Break. He decided to try and top it out, but couldn't get any faster than about 185, which was scary enough. He describes it as "feeling as if you have the power to move the earth beneath you."

Wish I had a car that fast. :(

V-Eight
12-09-09, 01:37 PM
You can rent exotics in South Florida too. A friend of mine rented a Porsche GT3 for a week when he came down on Spring Break. He decided to try and top it out, but couldn't get any faster than about 185, which was scary enough. He describes it as "feeling as if you have the power to move the earth beneath you."

(

Was it limited at that, or was there not adequate conditions?

Stingroo
12-09-09, 01:58 PM
Fear, and probably conditions. It was like 3:30 in the morning, so nobody else was even on the road.

V-Eight
12-09-09, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I'm sure I'd be pretty damn scared at 185 lol.

Stingroo
12-09-09, 02:13 PM
Honestly, I would be too on a public road. I freaked out around 140 the last time I was doing it. 185 is a bit much. lol