: W4M tuned PCM

Florian
12-04-09, 11:29 PM
is now up for grabs....Im dishing my W4m performance tuned PCM. Selling for what I paid (150). Interested parties PM me please. This will go in Classifieds as well.

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-05-09, 02:02 AM
Hmmm. What are you up to F? 09's looking that good?

meekna
12-05-09, 07:18 AM
Can you list the gains for this tune, or provide a link?

Florian
12-05-09, 01:15 PM
Hmmm. What are you up to F? 09's looking that good?

No....Im still waiting for the Coupe, Dan...just have this sitting around.

F

Florian
12-05-09, 01:17 PM
Can you list the gains for this tune, or provide a link?

Top end speed removed,
Quicker shift points
100% throttle available upon request (no throttle nannies)
better long term fuel trims

Its a gas, but I dont need the extra PCM in my garage....

F

Florian
12-06-09, 11:28 PM
SOLD, pending payment.

Thanks, Bob!

F

jwall09
12-08-09, 09:37 PM
is now up for grabs....Im dishing my W4m performance tuned PCM. Selling for what I paid (150). Interested parties PM me please. This will go in Classifieds as well.

F

Just wondering how different the PCM is from the tuner itself. Also, has anyone compared a D3 PCM to the W4M tune/PCM? Results?

jedhead
12-09-09, 03:43 AM
I am running the car on the dyno this Saturday and plan to run it on the dyno after PCM install to see if I get any gains. My main reason I wanted the PCM is I still have my original to put back in before I take it to the dealer.

Bob

CIWS
12-10-09, 07:35 PM
I am running the car on the dyno this Saturday and plan to run it on the dyno after PCM install to see if I get any gains. My main reason I wanted the PCM is I still have my original to put back in before I take it to the dealer.

Bob

Very good plan. Best to have a computer that's not been tune flashed for the dealership.

Florian
12-11-09, 01:03 PM
2 PCMs is THE way to go for dealer trips.

F

jedhead
12-16-09, 02:23 AM
I couldn't get the STS-V on the dyno run. I went to a Mustang tuner with a bunch Cobra owners I know. The shop didn't know where to get the tach reading and then did not know how to disable the wheel sensors. I found a GM tuning shop and plan to get a before and after run with A/F. I want to make sure that the engine is not running too lean with the W4M tune. The PCM shipped and now I am waiting on pins and needles for it to arrive.

Bob

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-16-09, 09:22 AM
Bob, two ways to disable the speed sensors. 1) unplug them from the back wheels. 2) On the dyno, try doing a pull, it will kick in stabilitrac, let idle, repeat, this 3 times in a row and the entire TC/ Stabilitrack system will fail and light up the dash like a christmas tree. Now you are good to do your dyno pulls.

Florian
12-16-09, 10:03 AM
+1 on what Dan says......pull the plugs is the easy way. I have to call ups store to get your tracker....damn holiday help over there isnt posting the numbers.

F

jedhead
12-16-09, 12:19 PM
Bob, two ways to disable the speed sensors. 1) unplug them from the back wheels. 2) On the dyno, try doing a pull, it will kick in stabilitrac, let idle, repeat, this 3 times in a row and the entire TC/ Stabilitrack system will fail and light up the dash like a christmas tree. Now you are good to do your dyno pulls.

Rats!! The dyno guy only tried twice.

Bob

CIWS
12-16-09, 03:15 PM
+2 on pulling the wheels sensors.

jedhead
12-21-09, 03:15 PM
The PCM arrived today. I ran out of the home as soon as I heard the UPS truck. Hopefully I can get the V on the dyno next week.

Bob

jedhead
03-31-10, 03:16 PM
I finally ran the car on the dynojet. I seem to have more power stock than other dynosheet I have seen. I had more power with the stock ECU and the wait4me tune was a little leaner than I felt safe with at the lower rpm. One reason could be that the gas here is only 91 octane and the owner of the shop said that qualitity of the 93 Octane is better and more consistent. I plan to have the ECU retuned for the 91 Octane we have here in SoCal. Blue is stock, red is tuned.

Bob

cad08stsv
03-31-10, 06:26 PM
Good afternoon Florian,
Did the sale of the PCM go through? If not, I will paypal you as soon as you lwt me know, and thanks
Russell
If I paid closer attention I would have seen the reply from Bob.

Tinmanx
04-03-10, 03:52 PM
Jedhead, how did you dyno yours? Did you unplug the rear wheel sensors? What gear did you do the run in. I just got my 2006 STS-V done. We had problems getting it to go. Finally ended up unplugging the rear wheel sensors. Doing the run in 4th gear I was only able to make 323 rwhp and 324 torque. Obviously there's something wrong. The only modifications done were the GM Performance exhaust. I just got new air and fuel filters put in last month. I was running 93 octane gas from chevron.

jedhead
04-04-10, 03:15 AM
Wheel sensors were unplugged. The car was ran in 4th gear on the dynojet. I filled the tank with Chevron 91 Octane gas. The only mod I have is a Corsa exhaust which just replaces the mufflers behind the axle. I don't think I gained any power with the Corsa. The dealer did update ECU with the latest update a few months ago and the car seem to feel stronger than before the flash. From the other dynosheet I have seen here the power ranges from 360 - 380whp stock. Is your A/F ratio correct at 7? That is very rich. Mine was much leaner than yours with either ECU with the wait4me tune the leanest. What kind of dyno did you run your car on? I recall reading that some dynos are more conservative than others. Where was your boost meter registering?

Bob

Tinmanx
04-04-10, 10:59 AM
It was a Mustang dyno. I got together with a few other guys yesterday. Everyone else seemed to be within 25% of their rated horsepower. Give or take a percent of two. I honestly expected to get somewhere close to what you had. Instead I came in almost 60 hp lower. I can understand being 10 or 20 lower, but 60 seems a bit much.
Ideally what should my A/F ratio be? I'm going to get under the hood today. I'll recheck the basics like the air filter. Do I really have to remove the crossmember to get the top engine cover off?
I'm also going to look into getting a obd2 interface so I can get some more info and hopefully track down my problem. Any suggestions as far as a brand or model?

jedhead
04-05-10, 12:49 AM
I am thinking about EFI live, but I am not sure. I am still investigating. I think Mustang dynos read lower than the dynojet. I had to remove the strut tower brace to remove the engine cover. I left it off. I like to see the engine. I was a little surprised at the power I got. I was expecting 360whp or so since I have the 91 Octane gas. One other unexpected development was that the second run with the stock ECU and the second run with tune ECU showed the most power on the dyno. The stock ECU I gained 10hp and the tuned I gained 12whp on the second runs.

Bob

Tinmanx
04-10-10, 02:59 PM
Got a cheapie eBay interface in and did a little snooping. Looks like the bank 1 2nd O2 sensor isn't working that well. It is significantly off from the bank 2 2nd O2 sensor. Hopefully I'll be able to get this replaced next week. Then I'll get her back up on the dyno.