Who: YOU! http://ncvettes.com/smf/Smileys/default/wantyou.gif
What: V Dyno Day and Get together!
When: Saturday, December 12. Meet time: 10AM
Where: Steve Ashworth Performance
1280 N. Main St
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
shop tel# 552-9615
How Much: 2 pulls for $50, 3 pulls for $75

Post all questions regarding the dyno day in this thread, call the shop phone if you get lost http://ncvettes.com/smf/Smileys/default/main_omg_smile.gif

Directions: click on the ashworth performance link below to map directions from your place to the dyno day

STEVE ASHWORTH PERFORMANCE (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Steve+Ashworth+Performance,+Fuquay+Varina,+NC&sll=35.591819,-78.779783&sspn=0.01539,0.038581&ie=UTF8&ll=35.596077,-78.77974&spn=0.015389,0.038581&z=15&iwloc=A)

Join us for a V Dyno Day and get together Saturday, December 12 and meet fellow V enthusiasts from our local clubs and forums! A hospitality area will be set up, just remember to bring your chairs :)

Please reply to this thread with your name or handle along with the year/model of Car you will be coming in and also please let me know if you will be gettin' on the rollers on not. I hope you will come regardless of whether you need a dyno baseline :)

Hope to see you there! Mike :rock:

Current Attendees to the roller:

Drumstix 09 V2
Ziggerman 09V2
MSJ-Mike 09 V2 Auto
Chukk - Chuck V2

Ziggerman
12-05-09, 06:45 PM
Hey Mike, sorry if there was a misunderstanding but I'm not looking to put my V2 on the dyno on 12/12. Haven't done any mods and am not planning on in the near future. I just want to come and hang out with V dudes and listen to the engines scream :)

MSJ
12-05-09, 09:00 PM
Zigg! no worries man! it's all for fun. I'll put you down for #1 spectator ;) We just worked an an N/A 99 cobra today - all motor it put down 698. Talk about using the right combination of parts...lol

Looking forward to meeting you.

MSJ
12-08-09, 01:11 PM
four more days until Dyno Day and get together!! We're on either way, So if it's just a few of us that's ok too. Is a 10am meet time ok with everyone? I have another local manual 09V coming, but he's not on the board.

Wideband is available at this shop as well.

ecorpuz12
12-08-09, 01:44 PM
looks like i'll be able to make it...don't plan on doing any dyno runs though, just hang out and revel in the camaraderie. forecast is calling for rain, is there an inclement wx plan in place?

MSJ
12-08-09, 04:49 PM
looks like i'll be able to make it...don't plan on doing any dyno runs though, just hang out and revel in the camaraderie. forecast is calling for rain, is there an inclement wx plan in place?

doh, good call on the weather. I don't know if the following weekend would work better for all. Let's get a show of hands :)

Ziggerman
12-08-09, 08:09 PM
12/19 would work for me as well.

DrumStix
12-09-09, 01:59 PM
Bump. :thumbsup:

ecorpuz12
12-10-09, 11:24 AM
according to an updated forecast on weather.com, the rain is going to hold off until sunday. are we still a go for this weekend or is the 19th the new day? i guess i should've waited until the day was closer to mention the forecast instead of doing it too far in advanced...my bad... :(

MSJ
12-10-09, 11:58 AM
No worries! We are on for this Saturday, 12/12. As stated, the updated forecast puts the rain off until the evening. Even if only one or two cars hit the rollers it will be nice to catch up with everyone so we can meet and plan track days (road coarse and strip) There is a map embedded in the original post. Click on the Steve ashworth performance link. See you guys there!

Ziggerman
12-10-09, 01:56 PM
See y'all on Saturday at 10!

DrumStix
12-10-09, 03:39 PM
I will only be coming if I can hit the rollers and I don't have much time to spend hanging out Saturday. I'll be there an hour tops. Let me know if I can get on early MSJ. Looks like my name was on the list right away. :xgrin:

MSJ
12-10-09, 04:07 PM
I will only be coming if I can hit the rollers and I don't have much time to spend hanging out Saturday. I'll be there an hour tops. Let me know if I can get on early MSJ. Looks like my name was on the list right away. :xgrin:

Stix, no worries at all. you're first on the rollers ;)

ecorpuz12
12-10-09, 04:44 PM
sweet deal...i can't promise that my white diamond won't look like thunder gray but i'll do my best to clean her up before then...see everyone there!

MSJ
12-11-09, 12:51 AM
For some reason I am unable to edit the original post so I am unable to edit the list. They'll just be a few of us on the rollers, but no worries - it's just a good place to get together and shoot the shit about our cars. Mine is stock save a 3" mandrel bend exhaust from the headers back. Gave me a good 25 rwhp.

I'm too lazy to drag my practice rig out for the laps around VIR on iRacing, but I will bring coffee and donuts :)

DrumStix
12-11-09, 08:59 AM
My car is filthy. Wonder if it will affect the HP!

DrumStix
12-11-09, 04:24 PM
Stix, no worries at all. you're first on the rollers ;)

Coffee in hand...and the car is clean now!:rimshot:

DrumStix
12-11-09, 04:26 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, no one drives my car on the dyno but me. :rimshot:

ecorpuz12
12-11-09, 04:32 PM
from far away my rims look like they're powdercoated dark gray from all the brake dust...it actually looks pretty cool, but not so much up close. since stix cleaned up i feel the pressure to at least spray mine off.

Ziggerman
12-11-09, 06:29 PM
My car is dirty, too, but like ecor I felt compelled to at least clean the rims today. Nothing screams dirty car like dirty rims...

MSJ
12-12-09, 12:51 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, no one drives my car on the dyno but me. :rimshot:

No worries Stix. They let all customers run their own cars on the roller.

Just washed mine in the garage - have hot and cold water inside :)

DrumStix
12-12-09, 02:26 AM
from far away my rims look like they're powdercoated dark gray from all the brake dust...it actually looks pretty cool, but not so much up close. since stix cleaned up i feel the pressure to at least spray mine off.

I like that look. Nickel plating would be sweet.

MSJ
12-12-09, 11:20 PM
Nice to meet everyone today! We had 7 V2's show today, which I thought was a great number for our small sleepy town area...lol I'll post a couple pics tomorrow after I dig my SD card out of the small hole in the trunk where the trunk lid latches....lol

ecorpuz12
12-13-09, 08:54 AM
yep, it was great to meet and greet with fellow V enthusiasts! all that was missing was red V to complete the color palette.

Ziggerman
12-13-09, 12:50 PM
It sure was a great meet. I finally got to hear a V2 scream on the dyno. Thank you Mike for setting this up and also for the coffee and donuts!

MSJ
12-13-09, 04:05 PM
Anytime Guys! ralph, it was my pleasure :) I assume the group will mod away over the holidays and get more break in miles on. Let's plan another get together after the new year after the holidays - jan/feb.

we can jump in with my corvette buddies for drag days and with the porsche club for our road course events.

If I don't catch up with you guys soon I wish you all a very safe and happy Holiday Season!

mike

DrumStix
12-14-09, 11:44 AM
It was nice meeting everyone. I'll certainly join the vettes if we want to go back in a few weeks.

chukk
12-14-09, 04:32 PM
Mike, Thanks a lot for setting everything up and will look forward until the next get together (when its a little warmer :) My Handheld just showed up today.

DrumStix
12-15-09, 10:12 PM
Mike, Thanks a lot for setting everything up and will look forward until the next get together (when its a little warmer :) My Handheld just showed up today.

More HP in the cold weather!

MSJ
12-16-09, 09:02 AM
anytime Chuck! I'm glad you got the product in. If you head to campus before the next get together give me a buzz. I'd love to check it out. My supplier hasn't ordered mine yet, although I thought he did...lol

DrumStix
12-30-09, 10:31 AM
I'll be ready to go back on the 9th, if anyone is interested. Everything is sorted out and I'm hoping to have a much better day this time out!