: TPS replacement problem

pimpjuice01
08-06-04, 07:22 PM
I replaced my tps on my vehicle today, and the idle everytime I start it is like 6000 rpm. How do I fix this

Twilightcall
08-06-04, 07:38 PM
I haven't replaced on a Caddy but I would check to make sure it is sealing correctly and not leaking vacuum. Make sure it is connected properly. Verify that the throttle isn't stuck in full throttle by removing the intake tube. Strange issue. Keep us posted as to what you find.

bbozsik
08-06-04, 10:32 PM
You need to perform an Idle Learn Reset. Search the forum for the correct method. You'll also need to remove the negative lead on your battery to reset the computer. 6000 rpm?!!?!?! That's awfully high. Did you install it to the throttle blade correctly? Also, check out the info on the board about the ISC motor. Idle speed control motor. It's a normal problem after replacing the TP sensor.

pimpjuice01
08-06-04, 11:48 PM
I did the rest and the idle went back to about 700rpm, and the voltage when the car is running is like 3.6 at idle, where I read it should be at 1 volt. Also the car keeps driving on its own when I'm driving down the road and let go of the gas it doesn't want to idle down. NOw sure what the problem can be.

bbozsik
08-07-04, 12:58 PM
You need to tune your ISC motor. There are recipes for that online as well. A lot on this forum. I THINK that in the OBD system, overide PO04 is for the ISC actuator. Try pressing the cooler button on this and the ISC plunger should retract fully. At full retraction, there should be a space the width of a playing card between the screw and the throttle blade.