: 1991 Brougham Radio

mjs182004
12-04-09, 08:26 PM
So I have been looking to replace the stock radio in my Brougham. I hate the crackling noise coming from the speakers. my question is what other modern radios will fit into my car, and still keep it original? I really don't want to put an aftermarket radio in there. I remember seeing a thread like this a while ago but can't seem to find it now. I would like it to be a CD player. Is there any other GM cars i could swap it with?

AElayyat
12-04-09, 08:39 PM
I think the radios out of the 92 -95 Sevilles & Eldorados will work in these cars...don't quote me 100%, im like 90% sure. Those radios are all the same size, the only thing I am not sure of are the harness/plug on the back of the radio matching up to the car's harness.

caddeville89
12-04-09, 09:20 PM
Yes, there are some more threads about this. The connectors that will hook up to a standard early 90's GM radio are not connected into the back of the head unit, but in a separate receiver, under the dash. You will need to contort yourself so as to be able to disconnect it (it may entail removal of the receiver (good luck, hehe)) and pass it up into the radio opening. Personally, I cut my wiring harness off and installed one from a 2000 Buick. The radio fits, but is a bit tight. Good luck!

mjs182004
12-08-09, 05:50 PM
OK, so i found a radio out of a 96 Buick Lesabre. has a CD player and tape player. the tape player had a tape jammed in it, so i just removed the whole tape drive. the amp/tuner was a pita to get to. the only reason i found it was because i saw the antenna cable going to the left of the radio. anyways the radio i got was from a junkyard and i also cut the wire harness off of it. I made sure the radio worked first and then soldered all the wires together. the radio fits OK, but i had to cut some holes in the vent ducts behind the radio so it would fit. and the mounting brackets do not match up, but the bezel keeps it in there nice and snug. This picture was before everything was fitted properly, i was just so excited i couldn't wait to snap a picture.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/mjs182004/1991%20Cadillac%20Brougham/CadillacRadio.jpg