: sweet!! dark grey ext & black int V6 pics inside

diamond in the back
08-06-04, 07:51 PM
well here's the link to the pics they show the center stack without the nav system. those pics show the more real world look of the car, I can't wait to test drive it. http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4602&st=0

megeebee
08-06-04, 08:35 PM
Brilliant! This is EXACTLY how I want to order mine !!! Thank you so much for this.

b4z
08-06-04, 09:17 PM
I have yet to see a pic of a base car with aluminum on the center stack instead of the optional wood.

gothicaleigh
08-07-04, 05:32 PM
I'm relieved that the center stack without Nav isn't as bare as I had thought it would be (still wouldn't get it without, but at least it isn't hideous should you go cheap).

I'm still not sold on the doors though. The inside panels just don't seem to go with the rest of the car to me...

The chrome 'Cadillac' sill plates are a nice touch.

And the projector beams for foglights are a nice surprise. I hadn't noticed that before. :)

Playdrv4me
08-08-04, 02:26 PM
Theres one thing Cadillac cant seem to get their heads together on and Im sorry to say its wheels, one of the most important aspects of a cars exterior. Its almost like they leave wheels as one of the final "to do's" on their new vehicles, and if they dont get to it "oh well". A good example of this was the CTS having a variation of previous generation STS wheels for a good while, and now, the base STS has the same wheels as the premium CTS! Not to mention the base CTS wheels are not the prettiest things on rubber either. Cadillac has so much design potential, I wish I knew why they leave wheels so un-inspiring as to almost not be worthy of the beautiful cars they are supposed to adorn. Tisk tisk.

frank78
08-08-04, 04:26 PM
do think the 2005 sts cadillac grill is better looking then the cts....

Night Wolf
08-09-04, 12:20 AM
wow... that is alot more nice then I thought....

....but is it just me, or does the '98-'03 Seville STS still have much better styling inside and out.... I love the tear-drop flowing dash, the gauges are a little better (the new STS is set up like Pontiac's) I dunno... maybe it just needs to grow on me, but the CTS-designed grille with current DeVille headlights dosn't cut it anymore.... the Seville STS was aggressive... the new STS.....isn't..... very soft styling.... I like the looks of the CTS better.... it is just too small of a car for me...

... my next car is still going to be a '99-'03 STS fully loaded.... FWD and all...

Playdrv4me
08-09-04, 10:09 AM
I agree... I think the biggest thing with the old STS was pretty simple, it was INSTANTLY recognizeable as an STS. It had that powerful hood and grille design, the smooth flowing interior, and the only Caddy with the elongated front, continuing the tradition from the original Seville. With the previous model, there was no question what it was, with the new one, people will have to go by size. While I like it alot, im not a big fan of selecting my cars the same way I select a drink at McDonalds.

megeebee
08-09-04, 05:21 PM
I agree... I think the biggest thing with the old STS was pretty simple, it was INSTANTLY recognizeable as an STS. It had that powerful hood and grille design, the smooth flowing interior, and the only Caddy with the elongated front, continuing the tradition from the original Seville. With the previous model, there was no question what it was, with the new one, people will have to go by size. While I like it alot, im not a big fan of selecting my cars the same way I select a drink at McDonalds.

If you look at a profile shot of the new STS you'll see it has a longer hood/ shorter deck design. The '05 is much closer in stance to the original '76 Seville than than the '98-03 generation. And, as an owner of a '98 STS, I can tell you that the only thing it was mistaken for was a Camry. Twice in the time I owned it, I had people ask me if it was a Toyota.

megeebee
08-09-04, 05:58 PM
I'm relieved that the center stack without Nav isn't as bare as I had thought it would be (still wouldn't get it without, but at least it isn't hideous should you go cheap).

I'm still not sold on the doors though. The inside panels just don't seem to go with the rest of the car to me...

The chrome 'Cadillac' sill plates are a nice touch.

And the projector beams for foglights are a nice surprise. I hadn't noticed that before. :)

I agree on the door panels. The instrument panel is good, but the door panels look, well, "90's". In the October Automobile Magazine, one of the writer says of the STS interior:"...looks like it had entered the witness relocation program from the last BMW 5 series" Not bad, just not very innovative. Maybe the heat they took about the CTS Interior when it first came out scared Cadillac in to a more conservative stance, which for the STS's market is usually the right thing to do. The materials look first rate, though. My dealer promises to call me the instant they get one.

EgyptianQueen
08-12-04, 02:38 PM
Trust me, you won't like it!

megeebee
08-12-04, 03:30 PM
Trust me, you won't like it!

....I'm curious, why do you say that?

gothicaleigh
08-12-04, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I would like to know also.
I've noticed that the STS design (like most of the new Cadillacs)comes off much better when you see it in person...

Caddy Man
08-12-04, 08:46 PM
what i wonder is, why cant cadillac be more innovative. They seem to be modeling cars after other cars, but are always behind. note the comment about the interior and witness relocation from the old 5 series. why must cadillac be behind??? the ctsv is a beautiful car, but why only 400 hp, couldnt they somehow churn out 500 out of that engine???? Sure it takes on the old M5, but just months after the ctsv is out, the new M5 would kill it. It seems cadillac is always playin catch up, they should be more innovative.

megeebee
08-17-04, 02:51 PM
I can't get these pix to come up anymore. The page loads but the photos come up red-X blanks. Have they been pulled?

diamond in the back
08-17-04, 05:51 PM
go down to cadillac sts(2005 and newer) for the pics http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/

da324
08-20-04, 03:30 PM
I'll stick with my 96 Diamond White STS. That thing is UGLY and looks like every other car on the road!!!!

megeebee
08-20-04, 04:03 PM
...every other car on the road?

da324
08-21-04, 01:55 AM
Jesus, did you really think I meant every other car? It's still ugly and looks like just another car, nothing special where looks are concerned. Then again, people buy tennis shoes that look like they're taking a trip to the moon instead of the court, so, what do I know?

gothicaleigh
08-21-04, 04:35 AM
Jesus, did you really think I meant every other car?

Well, saying "...looks like every other car on the road!!!" does kind of imply that...

It's still ugly and looks like just another car, nothing special where looks are concerned. Then again, people buy tennis shoes that look like they're taking a trip to the moon instead of the court, so, what do I know?

I'm kind of curious as to what cars you think it looks like?
Nothing in it's class resembles it's exterior styling that I can see...
:hmm:

da324
08-21-04, 11:29 AM
If you take everything literally;I guess it would. A statement like mine was MEANT to mean it's nothing special, like every other car on the road. Funny, you seem to be the only person that didn't pick up on that. No need to reply; this conversation is redundant.

Mikethegreeat
08-21-04, 11:04 PM
Well hey your opinion is your opinion...i however thinks it looks beautiful.

Psychobilly Cadillac
08-22-04, 05:45 PM
I was near Detroit Michigan last week and I finally got to see the 05 in person. By looking at the stickers in the windows I could see that it was clearly a GM quality test car. I pulled past it in a parking lot and had to do a double take to make sure I wasn't looking at a CTS. When I looked closer I immediately noticed that I had a gem sitting in the space, and I had to stop to take a closer look. The pictures I have seen don't show off the exterior angles very well. The interior looked descent but I think I still prefer the interior on the 98 - 03. Still it looked amazing to me and I can't wait to get behind the wheel of one.

msheri01
08-23-04, 07:11 PM
I have yet to see a pic of a base car with aluminum on the center stack instead of the optional wood.

As soon as our black one arrives, I will try to get photos. Car is built, but not shipped yet.

BeelzeBob
08-26-04, 08:04 AM
The STS is hot! When one parks next to yours, take a look around and see which car people can't take their eyes off of. :canttalk:

Cadillac Builds the Best Mid-Size Luxury Sedan in the World (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19252)

"STS beats BMW 5-series and Mercedes E-class luxury sport sedans with its unmistakable style and value."

But hey. To each his own... Right?