: 97 CATERA Spark plugs wet

SKANS760
12-04-09, 03:31 AM
My catera wont pass the smog and the report says its two sensors and a misfire. I changed the sparkplugs. They were wet! I dont know wat that means. Id really like some advice. Thanks

The Tony Show
12-04-09, 02:41 PM
Wet sparkplugs usually means it's running rich (too much fuel or not enough air). It could be lots of things, such as a clogged air filter, bad MAF sensor, bad 02 sensors or many others.

Before you start throwing parts at it, try having the error codes checked to point you in the right direction. Places like AutoZone will pull the codes and tell you what they mean for free.

SKANS760
12-31-09, 05:58 AM
thanks i finally took a closer look and its marking the o2 sensor. i had a friend of mine check out the car as well and he notcied my cables were worn out so i ordered new ones and some kind of hose has a hole and is letting air out and makes a horrible noise. An autozone worker said the misfire can cause the o2 sensor to show too so i hope this is all i need to change. If my air filter is clogged do i just need to buy a new one? how do i find out if its that?