: 2000 Catera Part-Out Incl. 3.2 22K Engine

dkinder
12-03-09, 03:42 PM
The Catera Forum has been very good to me over my period of ownership of several Catera's and I want to thank everyone here for their knowledge and support! Our family was hit by a careless driver and now my pride-and-joy with countless hours of invested blood, sweat, and tears is no more. I bought the car back from the insurance in hopes that I could give a little back to the Catera community by providing parts that may otherwise be hard to find (trust me, I know, I've tried to find them over the years). In addition, I have a 3.2L engine that I bought with 19K from an '03 CTS and swapped over everything necessary to put in in my Catera. I got to enjoy it for almost 3,000 miles before this happened, and am hoping someone else will be able to get many more miles of enjoyment. I will be selling it with all of the modifications already complete so it will be a simple drop-in swap into any 1999-2001 Catera. I re-sealed everything before I put the engine in, so there are absolutely no leaks of any kind and the engine runs butter-smooth with oodles more torque than the old 3.0L. If you want to put it in a 1997-1998 you can do that but you would need to swap a few things over - I can walk the person through that if they so-choose. I moved out of the Catera family but stayed within the Cadillac family as the owner of an STS Seville, so a big thanks again to everyone here!

Let me know what you guys need and I will go make sure it is in good working order and let you know within a day. There is nothing on the outside that I would sell to anyone here - the car went into a spin after being hit and scratched/dented most all of the panels. The only thing I would sell from the exterior is the rear LED tail lights and the rear LED third brake-light strip. The CD Changer is already gone as well. There was no airbag deployment from either the front or side airbags, so those are good. Transmission is still good as well. I don't know how to price anything other than the major goodies, but let me know what you need and I'll see that you get a great deal, like I said, this is my thank-you for all the help everytime I needed it. Special pricing goes to those who really helped me out on the tough questions (you know who you are)! You can reach me here or via phone at 336.338.3328

Beige Leather Interior w/ Bose, no rear sunshade, no heated seats.
3.2L Engine (22K, new seals, complete and ready to drop-in) $750 ... if buyer is anywhere near Greensboro, NC area the turn-key price installed in their 99-01 Catera is $1100; turn-key in 97-98 Catera is $1250
Transmission $250; Installed Turn-Key price is $550
New Multi-Function Module (controls radio and center stack buttons) $25 Shipped

Jea3cd
12-03-09, 05:10 PM
That sucks about your car.

If that 3.2 don't sell before Christmas, I might take it off your hands. $$ is tight for Christmas right now, plus I'm trying to find out if I have a fuel pump issue or not.

However, I did notice that my Cat is missing the rear head rests. How much would you want for yours?

Not sure if you would want to take yours apart or not, but I also need rear window regulators?

I know you said the exterior wasn't in good shape now, but are your fog lights intact? My car was driven off a trailer before I bought it, and they ripped the bumper, and broke the fog lights mounting tabs. I JB welded them, but they are so flimsy.

I also need the little center caps and lug covers?

Let me know on prices when ever you get around to it.

Again, sorry about your Cat.

Thanks,

Joe

dkinder
12-03-09, 08:55 PM
PM'ed

JRomano
12-04-09, 02:43 PM
sorry to hear, i would jump on some items, but seeing as you have a beige interior and i have dark charcoal, i dont think they would match

Army_MP_From_MO
12-04-09, 06:37 PM
Have you got the rear sunshade?

dkinder
12-04-09, 07:40 PM
Mine didn't have the rear sunshade option, sorry about that.

musthunt
12-07-09, 10:40 AM
I could really use the little stepper motors for the climate control system, the 2 on the floor at the end of the center console specifically.......

dkinder
12-09-09, 10:28 PM
PM'ed

Anyone else? I've pulled the motor, tranny, EBTCM, Bose Stereo, climate control head unit, multifunction module (that's brand new), seats, coolant reservoir, heater control valve (8 months old), and some other odds and ends for some other forum members and am going to be sending the car off to the crusher this week to get it out of my driveway so speak now or forever hold your peace fellow members.

AHazzardToAll
12-09-09, 11:39 PM
hmmmm,.... If only i lived closer... I'd look into that motor but i'm from indianapolis. My major (at IUPUI) is teaming up with a school in NC for a motorsports class over the summer but that's several months away... =/

CateraMV6
12-10-09, 03:11 AM
What headlights does the car have? if they are the projector ones I would like a price quote.
PM Please.

dkinder
12-10-09, 09:17 AM
Well they were the projector headlights but the key word there is "were" ... they didn't make it through the accident, sorry.

musthunt
12-10-09, 09:30 AM
David,
Apaarently I can't PM yet, could you send me an email to musthunt at hotmail dot com? I can then send you the info about where the stepper / servo motors are located.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/181223-heat-passenger-side-but-not-drivers.html

bstetka
12-11-09, 08:56 AM
Sorry to hear bout your loss. How much do you want for the TCM. i have a 98 will that make a difference? i am having the infomous tranny probs. thanks

Vern2765
12-13-09, 01:49 PM
Glad you and your family are okay. I know the feeling all too well.
Cars can be replaced.

dkinder
12-16-09, 10:16 AM
PM'ed and thanks for your support guys. The Catera kept us safe just as it was intended to do - definitely makes you thankful for German steel in times like that.

Matera97
12-20-09, 03:13 PM
If you haven't sent it to the scapeheap in the sky yet, how are the rear calipers? also I need a parking brake adjuster, and spring kit with hold down pins.

dkinder
12-22-09, 11:16 AM
PM'ed

jsferra1
12-24-09, 10:17 AM
Hello,

Do you have the car mats and relay for the radio, My radio is starting to turn on and off on its own.

Jim ...

dkinder
12-25-09, 05:36 PM
PM'ed

WhoUtink
01-04-10, 12:28 AM
If you have the car still, I would be interested in the drivers side rear window motor and regulator. I'm in Florida if you will ship let me know, I can paypal.

Creekryder
01-04-10, 12:08 PM
I could use that K134 multifunction module if you still have it.

WhoUtink
01-05-10, 06:58 AM
If you have the car still, I would be interested in the drivers side rear window motor and regulator. I'm in Florida if you will ship let me know, I can paypal.
I don't think I need this, actually, I was listening lastnight and I think the track is broken, the motor is spinning so not sure what I need till I take it apart.

TitanCTS
01-06-10, 09:16 AM
How about some body panels? Can you cut some small pieces off?

JRomano
01-09-10, 03:32 AM
do you have the engine mounts? how much shipped to NY ? 11768

arikalea
01-11-10, 12:23 PM
My transmission on my Cat may have just gone out today. Do you still have the transmisison? It is acting really funny and tranny light is on so I am not sure what is up yet.

AHazzardToAll
01-13-10, 06:17 PM
How bad are those headlights? I'm really just looking for the internal projector assembly, not the housing. Do you have any pictures? Thanks.

elvin315
01-14-10, 06:09 PM
I'm in need of the driver's master window/door control pad. If it's still available (and black) I'll give you $30 dollars plus shipping for it.