: hands free phone

rodehard
12-03-09, 02:25 PM
I just picked up my 2006 STS-V and am learning and loving it. I paired my Iphone with the Nav system and set up 5 frequently used names and numbers in the phone book. When I use the voice recognition to call, I get a loud blaring horn type sound after the name tag confirm but before the phone dials.

Is this normal? Is there some way to turn the horn off?

leija_01
12-03-09, 04:47 PM
i think its normal, my car used to do it too, take it to the dealer, I think they update the comp. and it fixes it!

CIWS
12-04-09, 08:31 AM
i think its normal, my car used to do it too, take it to the dealer, I think they update the comp. and it fixes it!

:yeah:

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-04-09, 02:10 PM
mine does it once in a while. usually the first time I use the feature in a while. Most of the time it doesn't. But it only happens for a second. If it lasts I hang up and call back and it doesn't do it again for a while. Try turning the volume down next time you are on a handsfeee call. Turn the volume down far enough to where you can still hear the person comfortably. All the way up will give you a much louder "horn" type sound and alot of echo on the other end which you WILL get if too loud.

dhemrick
12-05-09, 10:49 PM
This seems to be an issue that is particularly bad with iPhones and STS nav systems. Mine does it too and I hate it.

CIWS
12-06-09, 09:51 AM
Is this feedback you're getting ?

MacMuse
12-07-09, 08:24 PM

No, it's part of the negotiation between the car and the phone. Like an old modem setting up the link to another modem. But for some reason, the car activates the speaker system while doing the negotiation instead of waiting until the connection is completely setup.

silverws6ta
12-07-09, 10:06 PM

Agreed -- its 'handshake' when the system is switching to the BT device; My NAV has been updated to the latest firmware and my Blackberry 9700 (Bold 2) done it today for a split second on an incoming call..

Not *near* as bad as previously with the old firmware though --

CIWS
12-07-09, 11:12 PM
Of all my weird issues, I've never had that one. Phone is an LG EnV.

inurok
12-08-09, 04:15 PM
Mine does that with my Ipod 3gs but didint with my previous Motorola. i have not had the software upgraded yet. Recently the phone nolonger mutes the radio when a call connects for some reason?

rodehard
12-22-09, 04:41 PM
inurok

That is my second issue with incoming calls. The radio does not decrease in volume. In fact, I cannot even manually control the radio volume when the call connects and I have to tell the caller that I will call them back.

inurok
12-22-09, 06:01 PM
inurok

That is my second issue with incoming calls. The radio does not decrease in volume. In fact, I cannot even manually control the radio volume when the call connects and I have to tell the caller that I will call them back.

Mine was working fine but now all of a sudden has that problem. I will ask the dealer to look into it. Seems my XM has died as well???

CIWS
12-22-09, 07:13 PM
I just picked up a Motorola Droid last weekend. It seems to be doing fine with the car.

inurok
12-22-09, 07:28 PM
I just picked up a Motorola Droid last weekend. It seems to be doing fine with the car.

All my phones worked fine with the car. This is a new problem that just appeared.

CIWS
12-23-09, 02:08 PM
My original Samsung phone would not pair with the car at all. Had to get a different model right after I bought it. Some others have mentioned a couple of models that also were no dice on pairing.