: Newbie Here!

PurpleDeville
08-06-04, 05:06 PM
Hey everyone! I just wanted to say hello! I am new here and just today bought a 1985 Sedan Deville! right now it is okay shape but me and my father have LOTS of FUN plans for this car. As you can tell with my screen name it will be paited purple :p We are going to do it up real old school, with spokes on it, hydro's going to put a vinyl top, system, all chromed out, interior, etc! It's going to be a project/fun car! And I am so excited about it!

illumina
08-06-04, 09:02 PM
Hey everyone! I just wanted to say hello! I am new here and just today bought a 1985 Sedan Deville! right now it is okay shape but me and my father have LOTS of FUN plans for this car. As you can tell with my screen name it will be paited purple :p We are going to do it up real old school, with spokes on it, hydro's going to put a vinyl top, system, all chromed out, interior, etc! It's going to be a project/fun car! And I am so excited about it!

sounds like a fun project bro. welcome to the forum that will change the way you think :D
and if you have any questions for the car, please don't hesitate to ask. we can all help you.

CADDYBLACK99
08-06-04, 09:24 PM
Welcome PD!
Its great to have you and your dad on board! It sounds like you have a great plans for your project deville. Good luck, I hope you will post some before after pics for us all to enjoy!
:welcome:
Paul

PurpleDeville
08-06-04, 09:24 PM
LOL LOL "BRO" I'm a 24 year old girl! I just always have loved car shows, etc. and always wanted to do something crazy to a car! but thanks for welcoming me and I am sure I will have tons of ?'s. actually I have one right now, where can I get a chrome steering wheel for the caddy? pm me or just post up on here :)

illumina
08-06-04, 09:34 PM
LOL LOL "BRO" I'm a 24 year old girl! I just always have loved car shows, etc. and always wanted to do something crazy to a car! but thanks for welcoming me and I am sure I will have tons of ?'s. actually I have one right now, where can I get a chrome steering wheel for the caddy? pm me or just post up on here :)

ahh...sorry bro-ette :D lol, take no offence. anyways, a car girl eh? now thats my kinda gal!!! does your caddy have an airbag? and also, i am thinking that your cruise controll is on the wheel too, not for sure though. if neither apply, you may be able to get away with a standard aftermarket steering wheel. not too sure where you can get one, but try a local performance shop or something.good luck, illuminaP. :cool:

elwesso
08-07-04, 11:11 AM
Welcome aboard!! Thanks for signing up :wave:

If you would have put you were a girl in the title youwould already have 20 replies!!! Its amazing how when they see "girl" the inactive members come out of their "holes"...

I digress, but enjoy your stay here!! :)

PurpleDeville
08-07-04, 02:10 PM
Thanks for welcoming me guys ;)

Adam
08-07-04, 10:52 PM
hey welcome to the forum. if ya got time got to the general non model discussion and vote for the next possible dub car. anyway welcome and good luck with your car. :welcome: :cheers:

PurpleDeville
08-19-04, 04:01 PM
hey everyone! i am getting this car done way faster than i thought. the system is in, not nothing CRAZY, but it sounds pretty damn good. i got the rims that should be here hopefully tomorrow, the flowmasters are being put on as we speak. i also went and picked out and ordered the interior. it is purple and a really light gray vinyl. and the canvas for the convertible style top is also a light grey. the interior is getting done next wednesday. the guy said it should take a good week to do. in between that i should have the rims on already. after the interior will come the paint! :) i am going to take before pics tonight and will post them up. its just brown right now with tan inside.

ChristianV
08-19-04, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the boards. I'm new here too and so far I have gotten lots of good advice with my 73 Sedan Deville, you will too.

Post some pics girl, what are you waiting for?

PurpleDeville
08-19-04, 05:40 PM
hey! welcome to the boards to you too ;) what pics did you want me to post up? LOL i'm thinking you mean the before pics of the car. i am going outside to take them right now and will have them up in about 10 minutes :)

PurpleDeville
08-19-04, 05:58 PM
ok here are the before pics and 1 of the flowmasters that i did today! and my other car, my prettygurl, got jealous so i had to take a pic of her too LOL i have been neglecting her :(

ChristianV
08-19-04, 06:43 PM
@PurpleDeville. Hey you that's a nice looking ride! If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for her? It's already a head turner but it will look out of this world when you are done with your mods. You obviously have good taste to choose to go with a Caddy. You'll have to keep us updated on the project in words and with pics -k-?

One question though, why purple? Is there a story behind that?

PurpleDeville
08-19-04, 10:43 PM
actually i only paid $1200 for her! i was on my way home one day and saw it on the side of the road. the guy wanted 1500 for it, but i bullcrapped around and drove it off for 1200 :) why the purple..... there is no reason or story behind it except that i like that color. :p the car is actually both mine and my dads and he is stuck on the purple as well for some reason. i guess what we are trying to do is mix old school with new school basically and make it very custom and different. but the more i kick around the paint on the outside, i am not sure if i want to do it purple or white pearl with purple ghost patterns and flake in it. the problem i am running into right now is the whole matching the purples together. it's very hard and because of that i am not sure about the interior colors that i picked as well. its just seeming really hard to match. so i dont know i am getting all confused over here. i know i want purple though lol lol