: 147 mph puddle racing in-car with John Heinricy at Monticello

Nutz
12-03-09, 09:02 AM
Check out the speeds on the straight aways! Incredible control in the conditions. A tremendous amount of information can be learned and enjoyed from this video. Enjoy.

whTZ0t63JvA

neuronbob
12-03-09, 11:41 AM
I just did something in my pants watching that video....and I already own the car. :drool:

I wish I could drive like that. Need driving classes, STAT. I've already asked the wife for a Snell-certified helmet for Christmas. :D So far, she isn't agreeing to that.

Mike 09 V
12-03-09, 12:12 PM
How come it looks like he is manually shifting and the readout on the dash shows an automatic faceplate in drive? There are other videos of the car on Monticello and the speeds the everyday car writers reach is way slower than John. I liked the way he kept the car in shape and the tire squeal around some of those long tight corners was so consistent. I wish I had a job like his!

jvp
12-03-09, 12:24 PM
How come it looks like he is manually shifting and the readout on the dash shows an automatic faceplate in drive?

I suspect they just had one template for the video, and it was the automatic one. John definitely prefers the manuals, and he shows the no-lift-shift during the entire track run. Good stuff.

I wish I had a job like his!

Well, when you're able to drive like he can, make difficult vehicle engineering decisions, and lead a huge group of engineers who are designing performance cars, you too can have a job like he had. Keep in mind, he's unemployed now. He's more of a consultant. :-)

jas

Krug Ford
12-03-09, 01:04 PM
I can tell you this. I can drive really well. Been to a bunch of classes in my lifetime. I love speed but you need good handling too.

jimbo1320
12-03-09, 08:49 PM
My "V" switches to auto mode on its own even though I have the shifter in sort. Haven't figured out why it does that. When your just everyday driving it will do the shifting for you even in sport mode. Haven't wound it to peak yet to see if it will shift positive enough not to hit the rev limiter. Still learning and haven fun I must say.

Mike 09 V
12-04-09, 01:04 AM
As long as you haven't used the paddle shifters or moved the lever up or down while in sport the car will shift automatically, just more positively than when in the normal auto mode. It also starts out in 1st when in sport compared to 2nd when in normal. You probably knew that. I think I read where the damn thing learns how you drive as well. The other day was the first time I tried a WOT run from 1st gear in sport mode and after that the tranny shifted quicker than it ever did before in sport mode. Amazed me again this car.