: "Caddi" Comes Home Today

DopeStar 156
12-03-09, 08:53 AM
I'm stoked as hell that I'll be bringing my babygirl, "Caddi," home today after being out of my posession for the last three and a half months, sadly though her condition remains unchanged. I dropped her off to the guy who replaced my heads last year for a low compression issue that he has yet to resolve. I'm sick of letting the car sit on his property so I'm taking her home today.....

The problem is her 8th cylinder has low compression. The results of a leakdown test showed a faulty exhaust valve in no. 8 so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to fix the problem before taking anything apart (like the trans fluid trick that revived my DeVille maybe?) to perhaps get my most famous Cadillac back on the road. I'll prolly spend a good portion of the day cleaning the poor girl since she sat in a gravel field for that time untouched....

Tragic.... She'll be back in loving care now, though.... :crying:

outsider
12-03-09, 10:17 AM
hmmm...I don't know much about that stuff but maybe some seafoam in the intake might help clean it up? worth a shot at the very least.

AElayyat
12-03-09, 01:46 PM
Look into getting a long block since the heads are still good. Good luck

77CDV
12-04-09, 02:41 AM
3.5 months and the guy couldn't fix a burnt valve?!? What the hell kind of mechanic is this guy? Glad to hear the car will be back with someone who actually gives a damn about her. Now go find a competent mechanic and fix her right. She deserves it.