: Hey There!

theinfamoustj
12-03-09, 02:41 AM
Hey all!,
My name is Travis Langton, I'm 18 years old and I'm from North Dakota.
I have recently come into co-ownership to a 1991 Cadillac DeVille named Cruella.
She was previously owned by another member of Cadillac Owners, gdwriter.
Now, I have yet to meet this car in person but, gdwriter himself and my fiance (his niece.) have showed me several photos. I have been given a full rundown of the work done to this car and I have to say. I'm very excited to meet her!:thumbsup::highfive:

eldorado99
12-03-09, 02:53 AM
So you get Gary's Cruella, treat her well Travis! and welcome!

Jesda
12-03-09, 03:26 AM
Oh, hi! Gary is famous around here.

*devious grin*

Rolex
12-03-09, 07:54 AM
:welcome5: to the forums.

RightTurn
12-03-09, 10:30 AM
OMG!! Gary sold Cruella??? :wtf:

Oh yeah...welcome, Travis. :D

gdwriter
12-03-09, 11:51 AM
Oh, hi! Gary is famous around here.

*devious grin*Well, at least my dog is!

OMG!! Gary sold Cruella??? :wtf:

Oh yeah...welcome, Travis. :DI had planned to give Cruella to my niece all along. I certainly don't need three cars, and Laura could use one. Plus, Laura has always liked Cruella, so I'm confident she's going to a good home.

I'm going to North Dakota this weekend, and I hope we can work out the logistics for getting Cruella to Laura and TJ; the insurance is paid up through March, so it's no rush on my end, but I think they'd like to have her sooner than later.

I must say, I will be sad to see her go; she's been a good car with tons of character and has served me well. I'd love to see her go over 300,000 miles; she's at 257,700 now.

Ranger
12-03-09, 11:56 AM
WOW! There's a stretch. Cruella moves from Washington to North Dakota.
:welcome:

V-Eight
12-03-09, 12:14 PM
Welcome, they're certainly great cars.

iowasevillests
12-03-09, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the great new car!

gdwriter
12-03-09, 01:12 PM
WOW! There's a stretch. Cruella moves from Washington to North Dakota.
:welcome:Oregon. But pretty close.

She's taken a long road trip before. My Dad and I drove Cruella to the Des Moines meet in 2007, and she performed flawlessly.

I do feel a little guilty sending Cruella to the land of 40 below, but I'm going to change out the anti-freeze before she leaves. And at least North Dakota doesn't salt its roads.

V-Eight, since you're in Winnipeg and also have a '91 DeVille, besides installing an engine block heater, are their any other cold weather tips for these cars you can pass along?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-03-09, 03:04 PM
Don't take it, its a trap. We all know what he has done to that car. :D

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-03-09, 03:08 PM
V-Eight, since you're in Winnipeg and also have a '91 DeVille, besides installing an engine block heater, are their any other cold weather tips for these cars you can pass along?

Fill it with 5W-30, make sure the battery is good and watch your tire pressure. Having the right mixture of anti-freeze to water is important as well. For those temps its gonna need to be a little richer than 50/50. The other thing that I do, but would not recommend since you don't have a temp gauge, is cover a piece of cardboard in duct tape and bungee it onto the front of the radiator or the front of the grille. It helps keep things toasty in the engine bay.

billc83
12-03-09, 05:09 PM
Greetings and salutations.

Jesda
12-03-09, 05:15 PM
I think this thread calls for pics. :)

V-Eight
12-03-09, 06:37 PM
Fill it with 5W-30, make sure the battery is good and watch your tire pressure. Having the right mixture of anti-freeze to water is important as well. For those temps its gonna need to be a little richer than 50/50. The other thing that I do, but would not recommend since you don't have a temp gauge, is cover a piece of cardboard in duct tape and bungee it onto the front of the radiator or the front of the grille. It helps keep things toasty in the engine bay.

I just run straight antifreeze. I don't use cardboard either, but it would certainly allow for a better warm up time.

Aside from the block heater and winter oil, not much. I certainly recommend winter tires due to the sheer weight of the car. I also have an interior car warmer that I use since the car is parked outside. On cold days, not sure it you get many -40s around there, don't leave anything plugged into the outlets or you may need a few cranks to start it.

theinfamoustj
12-03-09, 10:33 PM
So you get Gary's Cruella, treat her well Travis! and welcome!

Haha, I definitely will. She's a beauty thats for damn sure.:cool2:

theinfamoustj
12-03-09, 10:39 PM
Well, at least my dog is!

I had planned to give Cruella to my niece all along. I certainly don't need three cars, and Laura could use one. Plus, Laura has always liked Cruella, so I'm confident she's going to a good home.

I'm going to North Dakota this weekend, and I hope we can work out the logistics for getting Cruella to Laura and TJ; the insurance is paid up through March, so it's no rush on my end, but I think they'd like to have her sooner than later.

I must say, I will be sad to see her go; she's been a good car with tons of character and has served me well. I'd love to see her go over 300,000 miles; she's at 257,700 now.

Gary you have nothing to worry about man. Cruella will be treated like a queen. Laura loves her and I just love Caddys in general. We will take good care of her!

77CDV
12-04-09, 02:13 AM
Welcome, TJ! You're getting what is probably one of the most recognized cars on this forum. Glad to know she's staying in the family. :)