: Rick James Dead!!!!!!!

Msilva954
08-06-04, 03:57 PM
CNN) -- Singer Rick James was found dead in his home Friday morning by his caretaker, a Los Angeles police Department spokesman said.

James, 56, was a musical icon of the early 1980's and credited with helping to create the "punk funk" style of music that was characterized in his 1981 album "Street Songs."

"Street Songs" was widely acclaimed as a masterpiece upon its release and featured such hits as "Super Freak," "Give it To Me Baby," and "Fire and Desire."

"Street Songs" went triple platinum and catapulted James into the forefront of the funk movement.

The album's gritty content earned James a bad boy reputation that he often had a tough time living down. Some critics said it led to his eventual involvement with drugs and a conviction for aggravated assault and false imprisonment in the 1990s.

Wht U guys think.....Chappels new 50 Million dollar deal down the drain????? Sucks because he just preformed about a month ago on the BET awards......its ashame at only 56.

LacSeville
08-06-04, 04:06 PM
nooo, what'll dave do now? rick james was definitly his best stuff! what was cause of death?? wait, let me guess....

"cocaine is a hell of a drug..." -rick james :D

Msilva954
08-06-04, 05:49 PM
They say natural causes.......but an atopsy will prove it..........R.I.P.....Rick James.

ljklaiber
08-06-04, 06:17 PM
Deleted post . None would believe it anyway. Kids are 16. CYA

CoupeDevilleRob
08-08-04, 08:10 PM
I feel bad for Rick James, his legacy will forever be people doing a bad impersonation of "I"m Rick James, bitch".

Msilva954
08-08-04, 08:55 PM
Highly doubt it..........Rick James has done more in the music industry then most people give him credit for.........overall he is one of the most talented artists of the 70's and 80's.

Elvis
08-09-04, 11:41 AM
It's no coincidence that "the Hellfighter" Red Adair passed away two days later.

I think Rick's causing quite a ruckus down there.

ben72227
08-09-04, 01:30 PM
She's a superfreak, superfreak, shes superfreaky yeah... :p

He will be missed. Only he could have come up the with classic joke:

What did the five fingers say the face Charlie Murphy??? SLAP bitch!!! hahahahah Darknesss

Elvis
08-10-04, 03:52 PM
She's a superfreak, superfreak, shes superfreaky yeah... :p

He will be missed. Only he could have come up the with classic joke:

What did the five fingers say the face Charlie Murphy??? SLAP bitch!!! hahahahah Darknesss

I'm Rick James B!tch!