: Faulty TCM module codes today

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-02-09, 10:37 PM
Well luckily on a stock tune for a couple of months now and today the wife brings the car home and it says on the DIC (accessories active "shift to P") Radio on, wipers on, door dinging and yet the car is off in park. Plugged up HPTuners and read the codes 6 in all O2 sensor error, 5 faulty TCM module codes. Cleared them down. No change to the cars status. drove the car after clearing the codes and no more codes came back but the trans is still in limp mode. brought it home and disconnected the battery cable for an hour and no change, accessories still avtive stift the P.

70k on the ODO... I guess its a trip to the dealer tomorrow. Luckily I bought the GM 100k service plan..

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-02-09, 10:42 PM
DAMNIT GM, where is my COUPE V already.......................................

If you sit on an egg too long it doesnt hatch... It rots.. Bring it to market already

leija_01
12-02-09, 10:52 PM
try taking out the TCM fuse, bro...

CIWS
12-03-09, 09:48 AM
I had something similar in Aug when I was out of town in OKC. CEL on and xmission was stuck in 3rd gear. Moving the shifter would show a gear change in the DIC but it did not actually change. When I got stopped the "shift to park" present and in accessory. Unfortunately I did not have my code reader with me to see what it was crying about. Pulled negative terminal for 30 min and it restored to normal. It has not happened since. Dealership postualted a hung soleniod in the xmission. But without codes it is a guess.

I'm was just damned glad I didn't get stuck in OKC the day before I was due to drive back.

Florian
12-03-09, 10:16 AM
DAMNIT GM, where is my COUPE V already.......................................

If you sit on an egg too long it doesnt hatch... It rots.. Bring it to market already

I think you and I are in the same boat.....jonesing for the new V Coupe.

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-03-09, 11:57 AM
Damn Thing cleared itself on the way to dealer... they checked it out anyway and cleaned the car. So in the end all I got was a cleaning inside and out for the trip.

I did get to see in a newly delivered 2010 V black on black with Reccaros. Since the guy ordered I had the respect to not sit in it or even drive it.

When my new V Coupe gets delivered I don't want anyone sitting in it, I still want all the wrap on it. nside and out. I want to remove the seat condoms myself.

leija_01
12-03-09, 01:08 PM
Damn Thing cleared itself on the way to dealer... they checked it out anyway and cleaned the car. So in the end all I got was a cleaning inside and out for the trip.

I did get to see in a newly delivered 2010 V black on black with Reccaros. Since the guy ordered I had the respect to not sit in it or even drive it.

When my new V Coupe gets delivered I don't want anyone sitting in it, I still want all the wrap on it. nside and out. I want to remove the seat condoms myself.

you keep talkin about that car, im going to end up getting one! haha.

bobs-sts-v
12-03-09, 01:47 PM
Dan,
Happened to me twice. The first time they replaced the sensor in the gear selection lever and cleared the codes. Worked fine for about a month, then reoccurred. Second time they replaced the position sensor in the transmission (?) and updated the TCM and a few others. Been fine since - year and a half. Annoying when it happens, since you are stuck in limp mode (3rd gear) and not sure what will happen if you turn it off. Luckily, I limped into the dealership the 2nd time and dared him to turn it off - couldn't do it! Anyway, been fine since they fixed it. I had a thread on it at the time.

Bob

leija_01
12-03-09, 04:01 PM
its wierd, the only time it only happened to me was when we were tuning the STS V in the shop, and we clicked on re-write only instead of write entire. went into recovery mode, then was only in 3rd and tach no worky... same thing with shift into park. Did the write entire, and good as new. :)

The E67 pcm's are real sensitive... I've realized. We tuned a CTS-V that we recently cammed out and it did the same thing. unresponsive for about 5 mins then it kicked in. My thought is since our cars were the first to have this PCM, we kind of became the testers. Now that is all that GM is using, I think. Maybe the newer ones are a little less sensitive?

heres a video of the V, btw.... :)

YouTube- **979 MOTORING**07 Cadillac CTS V Cammed out with borla Exhaust.

CIWS
12-03-09, 05:26 PM
I think you and I are in the same boat.....jonesing for the new V Coupe.
F

They better not wait too long or I'll shop elsewhere. :yup:

Florian
12-03-09, 05:30 PM
not me....for the $$s you cannot beat the package.

F

CIWS
12-04-09, 07:29 AM
No doubt the car is a good initial value. But I'm not going to wait for it for another two years.

virginia
02-10-10, 12:06 AM
06 sts-v with 18,500 miles engine icon came on when driving at night, car driving normally so drove about 2 miles on home. After stop button was pushed started illuminatin "place in Park" and then "accessory active" and audio/navigation light wouldn'tt go off, then the little red stop light started blinking continuously accompanied by a click from left front with each blink. Roadside assistance by phone offered to send a tow truck but we decided to take a battery cable off and I would drive the vehicle to dealer the next business day. Cable hooked up and still saying place in park and as soon as starter button pushed went into "theft attempted" and "starting disabled" mode. Had to be taken in on a rollback and dealer said battery failed load test and replaced battery at no charge--nothing else wrong. Of course it did the same thing, again at night, about 500 miles later and roadside assistance agreed with placing on a trickle charger. The battery discharged in 3 hours with 1.5 amp input so I disconnected neg cable and fully charged the battery. On the day totake it back to dealer I replaced cable nad started fine and drove normally and dealer said only "meaningful" code was a low voltage one but whole system checked out ok and nothing done. However< I fully expect it to happen again and am afraid to drive the car at night. Is the battery or alternator inadequate or is there a computer problem. The vehicle seems to want to commit electrical suicide. Any help would be appreciated.

DraganHawk
02-17-10, 03:37 PM
Virginia, my '06 V with 22,500 miles did the same thing. read what bob sts v wrote above, mine was the same fix. So far it's ok.

I was stuck in Wisconsin when it happened. If you can, when it happens, drive it to the dealer or have it towed there.

If your stuck and not able to get it to the dealer, take off the negative battery terminal for at least 10-15 minutes and it should be fine. That's what I did for the 2 weeks I was up there. Only happened twice when I wanted to park it. On the way back to Chicago, 230 miles from home, going 70mph, the SES turned on and it went into limp mode. I stopped at a rest are, unhooked the negative, waited 15minutes and it was good to go to get home.