: Cts-V Challenge on Speed TV

Nutz
12-02-09, 09:38 PM
It appears as though the Cts-V Challenge will air on December 8th at 9:30 p.m. eastern standard. My DVR is set to record.:thumbsup:

dvandentop
12-02-09, 10:39 PM
sweet is this the one with lutz?

Nutz
12-02-09, 11:01 PM
sweet is this the one with lutz?Affirmative.

neuronbob
12-02-09, 11:34 PM
Thank you! DVR set.

GM-4-LIFE
12-03-09, 01:03 AM
I already scheduled my DVR to record it. Too bad, Time Warner Cable doesn't offer SPEED in HD! DAMN IT!

SG

thebigjimsho
12-03-09, 01:33 AM
Most eggsellent! Set...

2k9RedV
12-03-09, 10:24 PM
Thank you!!! I just set my DVR, Awesome!

RWFJR
12-04-09, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the info. DVR set to record.

dlstelma
12-04-09, 01:18 PM
can someone put it on youtube?
i don't have the channel!

Tedboss1
12-04-09, 02:27 PM
My PVR has been set.
Here in Canada Bell provides Personal Video Recorders (PVR) for recording of TV programs.

thebigjimsho
12-04-09, 05:17 PM
can someone put it on youtube?
i don't have the channel!
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cts-v+challenge&search_type=&aq=f

Prof
12-05-09, 06:38 PM
I already scheduled my DVR to record it. Too bad, Time Warner Cable doesn't offer SPEED in HD! DAMN IT!

SG

I've got Comcast...and Speed HD!

Come on over...

whisler151
12-05-09, 06:47 PM

SG

Luckily Time Warner in Dallas has Speed in HD. DVR set!

Nutz
12-08-09, 08:27 PM
A reminder bump for tonight's showing.

DrewDog
12-08-09, 08:30 PM
DVR set, but I will prolly watch it live.

BruceF
12-08-09, 08:49 PM
Here's a photo I took that day of one of the CTS-Vs in action

http://brucefeingoldstudios.com/nikon_cafe/ctsv_glowing_brakes.jpg

dvandentop
12-08-09, 09:09 PM
shit i am sure i will be yearning for one even more once i watch this :(

neuronbob
12-08-09, 11:03 PM
Just finished watching. :woot:

I wish I'd been able to go myself. Very entertaining show.

dvandentop
12-08-09, 11:04 PM
Just finished watching. :woot:

I wish I'd been able to go myself. Very entertaining show.

hell yeah if i had one i would drove out to from south dakota for it!

ericpd
12-08-09, 11:14 PM
Well what did you fellas think?

qictrk
12-09-09, 12:46 AM
I thought the show was ok, but disappointed that it wasn't a true test. I would have liked to see a comparison between all the major cars, in our class, using pro drivers. The race would have more significance. Cecil...........:hmm:

mpouls1
12-09-09, 01:28 AM
Cool to watch but yes I was a little disappointed. I was just trying to figure out who was the one on our forum. I think I know who it was. Fantastic job. I so wish I was able to be there. I liked the hippie with the long hair...

DrewDog
12-09-09, 02:21 AM
The burnout at the end was saweet.

Prof
12-09-09, 07:26 AM
Enjoyed the program...some excellent driving and it looked to be great fun...

Love my CTS V!

JFJr
12-09-09, 08:16 AM
Entertaining, but it would have been nice to have louder engine sounds. It was very cowardly of BMW, Mercedes and Jaguar not to have factory-sponsored cars at the event. It says a lot about them, none of it good.

4DR_ZR1
12-09-09, 09:40 AM
Cool to watch but yes I was a little disappointed. I was just trying to figure out who was the one on our forum. I think I know who it was. Fantastic job. I so wish I was able to be there. I liked the hippie with the long hair...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2048274-post1.html

gnxs
12-09-09, 10:25 AM
I thought the show was ok, but disappointed that it wasn't a true test. I would have liked to see a comparison between all the major cars, in our class, using pro drivers. The race would have more significance. Cecil...........:hmm:
Agreed. Pros behind the wheel of all the relevant cars in the class (M5, C63, Jag, etc.) would have been more meaningful.

wfo
12-09-09, 12:04 PM
This was a good show. Bob Lutz did a real good job of driving the big Monticello, New York road course. There were many V's competing. More than the ratio of other cars. So I'd like to think if just one V showed up, it would have won. Posting solid times was definelty a driver related issue. Johhnny O'Connell worke his magic with an overall win besting John Heinricy. These guys can drive.

RWFJR
12-09-09, 05:04 PM
Enjoyed the show. Wish it would have been an hour long though. Great advertisement for the V2.

Anyone know when it was filmed? I got my V in 05/09...Wish I had been invited...:mad:

And yes...I would have driven from West Central FL to NY for the experience. Meeting Bob Lutz would have been just good enough...:bouncy:

clubracer6
12-09-09, 05:37 PM
The best part was the drifting at the end...Other than that, it was a bit of a snooze fest.

Prof
12-09-09, 05:58 PM
Got my wife to watch with me...she asked why we don't have the track instrument that shows where you are on the track and she asked how to do the burnout circle....:eek::eek::eek:

way2evil1
12-09-09, 06:17 PM
I liked it but kind of one sided V wise should have been driven by the professionals and would like to have seen an E63 their

Caddyscat
12-09-09, 08:33 PM
Looked too much like a commercial, Guy at work giving me flak about the RS4 - said it could EASILY beat the V cause it's all wheel drive but wasn't fair cause the guy wasn't a pro driver. He's a euro fanboy as well too, refuses to believe a caddy can beat the rest.
It just needed factory cars there with pro drivers. I was expecting to see Andy Pilgrim. Made me want to go to a parking lot and destroy my michelins tho.

Nutz
12-09-09, 11:15 PM
My phone rang all night. I think my friends that thought I just had an expensive car with a Corvette motor finally have a grip on how serious this car performs and the incredible package GM has put together for us. I also think that Johnny O'Connell has shown that the only upgrade these cars need is a good set of track tires, he made that car slide on every turn. I enjoyed that. Lots of well seasoned golden calipers too. :cool:

dvandentop
12-10-09, 12:00 AM
My phone rang all night. I think my friends that thought I just had an expensive car with a Corvette motor finally have a grip on how serious this car performs and the incredible package GM has put together for us. I also think that Johnny O'Connell has shown that the only upgrade these cars need is a good set of track tires, he made that car slide on every turn. I enjoyed that. Lots of well seasoned golden calipers too. :cool:

yeah i had to rewind since i though the one black was running gold calipers LOL

cjwolverine
12-10-09, 12:46 AM
Mine was the thunder grey, the only grey and the only one without the Monticello logos on the side and hood. In the opening segment the host pauses and does his intro in front of mine, while my buddy Dave and I pretend to talk about the track or something while we are in the shot.

There were some fast shots of my car from the practice laps I believe. My one and only bummer is the helicopter shots of my car were of my cool down lap. I'm putzing around the track. The 3 guys in the second group, which I was in with the Audi and the Evo only had 2 hot laps. I think the guy counting with the checkered flag, just plain screwed up. At the time I was so excited I just thought time flew by and I counted wrong. But sure enough when we were done the other two drivers said, "did we count wrong, that was just 2 laps right?" - yup just 2, confirmed.

So a bit of a bummer, yeah, I would have liked to push harder on the last lap. My 2nd was 4 seconds faster than the first and the tires barely chirped at all when I watched the in car video Cadillac sent me. I didn't want to be "that guy who spun out on his first lap". It would not have taken much effort on my part to knock another 4,5, or more off and get a more respectable time, but no sour grapes on my part. It was way too fun to complain. And don't forget this was my ride home as well. I had to take the car to work Monday morning, so going into a wall was not an option.

Which reminds me, for you guys who track often, do you call your insurance agent and add a rider of some sort? just curious.

If you saw my name up on the screen, Chris Fairman, when I was interviewed, I was wearing the mustard dark yellow / tan sort of jacket in the morning and at the press table. Then later in the afternoon, I have the maize and blue pullover with the block M.- screen name cjwolverine -props to my school. Go Blue.

It was a treat, no doubt. - funny the show came out the day I put it in the garage before the big storm here in Ann Arbor. It might not come out for a while.

Chris

cjwolverine
12-10-09, 01:22 AM
P.S.
For those of you who would like a better comparison, pro vs. pro etc. They have already been done. Check out Motor Trend, Card and Driver, etc. They are in the magazines and you tube. Obviously, the drivers play a huge role in any event like this. There was 30 seconds between first and last on a 3 minute lap. You could have timed me and the amateurs with sundials, but thats not the point.

Because these comparisons were already done months ago, I'm quoted on the Cadillac "Meet the Drivers" facebook video as saying, "based on the previous tests, I have the best car" or fastest car, something like that. They edited out what I said at the end of the sentence, which was, "but I'm probably the worst driver, so who knows what will happen."

The debates raging on the other forums are hilarious. There are tons of theorhetical what if, the M5 had 100 more hp or what if the M3 was 200 lbs lighter, what if, etc, etc. How silly, why not just say, what if the Evo was an Enzo? then it would have won. If you are ever in a debate point to the Motor trend article and quote, "where it really matters the Cadillac spanks the M5.. and does it for $30k less." It doesn't edge it out. It doesn't barely win. It SPANKS, pretty strong words from Motor Trend. Spanking is when a daddy takes a little boy over his lap, exposes his bare bottom (in this case a Bangle butt) and slaps it repeatedly while the child kicks, thrashes, and whines for mercy. I'm certain this will be plucked and quoted on another forum. Hey, I like BMWs too, I'm just quoting Motor Trend. Don't hate me for it. The debate then changes to: Well, the (insert euro here) just "feels" better, the ___is "more refined", or the ___ just " looks better".

Does slower feel better?
Is refined code word for slow?
I will admit they do look nice ---- in a rear view mirror. :)

Happy Holidays everyone. Sorry about the lengthy post, but I had to get that one off my chest.

chris

Well done Caddy engineers. Wish I could give you a $30k tip, but I'm saving for the wife's Escalade.

JFJr
12-10-09, 09:30 AM
Chris, thanks for reminding all of us about the Motor Trend article. I guess that explains why there were no factory-sponsored M5's at the event. Ha Haa!

Z06ified
12-10-09, 11:47 AM
Yeah, this is great stuff, and great cars. You KNOW BMW will come out with a new M5 next year that will either have more hp, or somehow edge out our CTS-V's on the Nurburgring, or some other track. But you also know GM won't take that sitting down, and will up the ante on the V shortly after, probably with more hp. GM has already admitted the LSA has plenty more power left in it, if they want to crank up the boost a bit. Those who already have in the aftermarket can confirm it :)
I haven't seen any 10 second M5's, yet we already have CTS-V's running that on the stock bottom end and driveline, and the car has only been out for a year. :D

JFJr
12-10-09, 12:15 PM
You KNOW BMW will come out with a new M5 next year that will either have more hp, or somehow edge out our CTS-V's on the Nurburgring, or some other track. But you also know GM won't take that sitting down, and will up the ante on the V shortly after, probably with more hp. Well, it's certainly taking BMW long enough, and what will the price difference be this time? $40,000? I'm sure Cadillac can handle anything that BMW struggles to produce.

gnxs
12-10-09, 12:31 PM
Yeah, this is great stuff, and great cars. You KNOW BMW will come out with a new M5 next year that will either have more hp, or somehow edge out our CTS-V's on the Nurburgring, or some other track. But you also know GM won't take that sitting down, and will up the ante on the V shortly after, probably with more hp. GM has already admitted the LSA has plenty more power left in it, if they want to crank up the boost a bit. Those who already have in the aftermarket can confirm it :)
I haven't seen any 10 second M5's, yet we already have CTS-V's running that on the stock bottom end and driveline, and the car has only been out for a year. :D
I've seen a video of an E60 M5 going mid 10's (N2O and other mods on DRs):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIGej-dAolA

I am a member and post on many varied forums. I love talking and learning about performance and performance cars, no matter what the brand. It seems that of all the CTS-V's competitors, the M5 guys are the most insecure when it comes to the Caddy. I know it takes a fair amount of "coin" to swing a new M5 and my assumption is that I'm not interacting with a bunch of "kids", but you'd never know it by some of their posts when the CTS-V is brought up in conversation. It was a real eye opener for me.

V-Eight
12-10-09, 12:38 PM
Gd she asked how to do the burnout circle....:eek::eek::eek:

Sounds lie you've got quite the catch :thumbsup:

cjwolverine
12-10-09, 03:32 PM

I think that is the beauty of competition. Everything gets better, and we all win. What currently bothers me is the lack of acknowledgement from the euro fans that this car is currently on top. I said currently, because of course things will change. The "what if" arguements are fun, but when someone won't accept defeat and and changes the rules or the specs and says, "mine will win if we did this, added that, and changed this", it's like I'm arguing with a child. I like facts more than theories.

GM-4-LIFE
12-10-09, 03:43 PM
The show was good, but I felt it was too short. Right when I was really enjoying it, the show ended! DAMN IT!

We should all be grateful that Bob Lutz is at GM. Without him, I don't think we would have the V-Series Cadillacs or any of the other vehicles that are true world class contenders!

Thumbs up to Bob Lutz AND GM for making such an awesome car that scares the competition away!

SG

sefa01
12-10-09, 06:59 PM
I've seen a video of an E60 M5 going mid 10's (N2O and other mods on DRs):

YouTube- AWD Motorsports M5.. World's Quickest & Fastest!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIGej-dAolA)

I am a member and post on many varied forums. I love talking and learning about performance and performance cars, no matter what the brand. It seems that of all the CTS-V's competitors, the M5 guys are the most insecure when it comes to the Caddy. I know it takes a fair amount of "coin" to swing a new M5 and my assumption is that I'm not interacting with a bunch of "kids", but you'd never know it by some of their posts when the CTS-V is brought up in conversation. It was a real eye opener for me.

The M5 guys have been insecure since the V1 first came out and spanked them over and over (for a lot less money). The V1s handled better and had more power. Between equal drivers, it was no contest. Then the new M5 came out and may have had he edge on the V1, although not by much. Now they've been trumped again by the V2.

FYI, when I bought my V1 in April 2004 it was the FIRST GM car I'd every owned. At that time, I owned my fourth BMW (an M roadster). I still love BMWs, but I like the looks and everything else about the V2--and the fact that I'm saving $40K or so over an M5.