: All Wheel Drive CTS-V in 2010?

cad fan
12-02-09, 08:58 AM
Local dealer claims all wheel drive in 2010 for CTS-V . Any truth to this?

demorgan59
12-02-09, 10:32 AM
I'd put big money on none.

Florian
12-02-09, 10:53 AM
not gonna happen.

F

CIWS
12-02-09, 10:56 AM
I would put cash against it. I'd ask him to confirm source to see if it's reliable or the water barrel.

CTSV4now
12-02-09, 11:35 AM
Maybe the dealer really said "it's all we'll drive"??

neuronbob
12-02-09, 11:45 AM
LOL! No AWD.

And do we REALLY want another 200+ pounds of drivetrain on this already heavy puppy anyway? You'd have to mod it straight off the showroom floor in order to keep up with the RWD V.

Krug Ford
12-02-09, 11:45 AM
Not going to see that this year.

tedcmiller
12-04-09, 12:33 AM
Dealers will tell the customer whatever he wants to hear in order to get him to spend money. Don't believe anything about all-wheel drive on a CTS-V - or anything else they tell you that seems to good to be true.

edsuski
12-04-09, 02:05 AM
LOL! No AWD.

And do we REALLY want another 200+ pounds of drivetrain on this already heavy puppy anyway? You'd have to mod it straight off the showroom floor in order to keep up with the RWD V.

Maybe - if they put the LS9 with 638 Hp under the hood.....

I wonder if the LS9 is the new M5 insurance package for GM?

What is the soonest we could see the LS9 in our car?

mugatu22
12-04-09, 03:25 AM
They call them "stealerships" for a reason.

c4ss
12-04-09, 03:41 AM
What is the soonest we could see the LS9 in our car?

The sooner the better. Forged :drool:

Prof
12-04-09, 04:20 AM
The idea of a forged bottom end, rods and pistons, is just plain alluring to me. It should be an option to the LSA...I don't necessarily want the same pistons as the LS9 but a great forged piston to go along with the titanium rods would be an option I would jump on immediately. Won't be long and some after market kits will surface with the options...maybe LPE...

cts-v2009
12-04-09, 06:07 AM
CTS-V with 638 hp will be in next generation cts-v which is V3 ....

edsuski
12-05-09, 12:26 AM
CTS-V with 638 hp will be in next generation cts-v which is V3 ....

If one assumes that the next generation M5 outperforms the V2 - which it should since they have had plenty of time to make it happen - then how long until the LS9 is an option (or standard) on the V? I hope they do not wait for the V3 to keep the M5 guys in their "place".

After all - the LS9 is not that different from our engine. It should be fairly trivial for GM to switch engines. What do you guys think? I think all wheel drive (and launch control) would make the car just that much better. Not sure that 80 more Hp will compensate for 200 Lbs. more weight, but is sure would launch and come out of a curve better....

Prof
12-05-09, 02:19 AM
Yum!

All wheel drive has become a very viable system. I expect it will be added in the future.

But with the restructuring of GM I am a little more reserved about the move to the LS9...I would love to see it, but without a huge motivation (read financial) the new GM may consider it too much out of sync with the new corporate philosophy. I worry that specialty vehicles just may not get the opportunity to prove themselves.

I hope I am completely wrong...but the push to get profitable will be all important in the next few years, our desires for new rapid vehicles may have to take a back seat. Someone needs to slap me and tell me that I am completely wrong about this...please.

cts-v2009
12-05-09, 02:27 AM
If one assumes that the next generation M5 outperforms the V2 - which it should since they have had plenty of time to make it happen - then how long until the LS9 is an option (or standard) on the V? I hope they do not wait for the V3 to keep the M5 guys in their "place".

After all - the LS9 is not that different from our engine. It should be fairly trivial for GM to switch engines. What do you guys think? I think all wheel drive (and launch control) would make the car just that much better. Not sure that 80 more Hp will compensate for 200 Lbs. more weight, but is sure would launch and come out of a curve better....

as i ve heard from my BMW local office ... the new M5 will come with 555 hp in 2011 so it will be just little faster than our V ...

I Dont think GM will chane V2 engine till next generation .. as this engine will be used in CTS-V coupe and CTs-v wagon ....

RWFJR
12-05-09, 08:27 AM
LOL! No AWD.

I would be happy to sacrifice 200 lbs for an AWD. I have had both FWD and AWD. AWD is excellent...:thumbsup:

Ketzer
12-05-09, 01:13 PM
The front diff can't take the torque our current engines put out (much less the 9). Take a visit over on one of the TBSS forums, they are already exploring the the outer limits of this and found it to be really beefy... to a point.

Jeff-

JFJr
12-06-09, 10:24 AM
as i ve heard from my BMW local office ... the new M5 will come with 555 hp in 2011 so it will be just little faster than our V ... Why would anyone assume that the next M5 will be faster than the current V? Get them both on the track and let the chips fall where they may.

edsuski
12-06-09, 12:55 PM
Why would anyone assume that the next M5 will be faster than the current V? Get them both on the track and let the chips fall where they may.

Every new car has "target" cars that it will compete with in the market. This is why the V was seen on several occasions with an M5 in tow in the caravan. It only makes sense that if you are going to spend many millions of dollars introducing the next generation of your sports car that you would want it to outperform the competition in as many areas as possible. BMW will definitely have the V on their list of cars to outperform.

Relatively simple things like launch control are netting 0.2 - 0.3 in 0-60 runs. Weight reduction should also be a relatively easy target for the manufacturer. I can all but guarantee that the next generation (2011?) MBW will exceed the 2009 V.

At least until GM decides to answer the call. Launch control, ultra light weight wheels and exhaust, slight increase in boost, LS9 - any of these could significantly increase the performance. Figure out how to provide AWD and the LS9 and I think you might just –leap-frog the competition.

Being one of the first to receive the 2009 V - I plan to be on the list for the next version at least one year ahead of production. This may very well be the best car GM has ever made.