: So Who Bought Their Car Sight Unseen?

TrevorD
12-02-09, 08:44 AM
There are a lot of us that have bought from Scott at Superior and others from out of state. Not only have I not seen my car, but I've never even sat in or driven a new V! It's one of the few cars left that I haven't owned, so I just went for it. That, and I own a speed shop that specializes in GM LS-based vehicles. ;) SO, modding the car and building a forged short-block for it down the road is a no-brainer!

So who else has taken the sight-unseen route? Hopefully I'll get my car in the next week. I figure the car will show up next week when I'm out of town on business!

Trevor

Nine Ball
12-02-09, 08:50 AM
Trevor, I'm surprised Texas Speed has never had a CTS-V customer before. You could always just go test drive a V6 CTS, they drive about the same but with about half the hp. :)

chrswk
12-02-09, 09:58 AM
The closest I was to my '09 CTS-V before I bought it from Miller Cadillac in Charleston, SC was about 4500 miles. It should arrive in a 20 ft. container in Bremerhaven sometime during the next two weeks. And from there it's another 650 miles on a transporter until I finally see it. Wish me luck. :)

demorgan59
12-02-09, 10:28 AM
+1. Did the same thing when I bought my 88 Vette, 94 Impala SS, 94 GMC Suburban, 00 Yukon XL, 02 Yukon XL, 08 TBSS........Long live GM!

vade_R
12-02-09, 10:38 AM
bought it from seeing a post in this forum, called scott and the rest is history

the car was in perfect condition flew to Detriot and drove it down to Miami

best decision i've made.........i keep looking for excuses to drive it

wait4me
12-02-09, 10:43 AM
I had put down a deposit a year before they where being sold.. Just to make sure i got the first batch. I only read a few things on the forums about the car and i was sold... It has been a really fun car so far and i enjoy making stuff for it and beating the crap out of it every day.... I have not been dissapointed at all with the car. Good price, strong parts, cool looks, and easiely modded due to its ls1 based engine.. :)

neuronbob
12-02-09, 11:03 AM
I also bought, sight unseen until I showed up to pick up the car.

I started saving for a large down payment after the car was announced at the 2008 Detroit auto show. I drove there specifically to see the car.
I pulled the trigger after seeing Scott's posts here instead of buying locally (work 12 hrs daily so it was easier this way).
Took a 1/2 day off, drove to Brighton MI, test drove my car, then signed on the dotted line and drove home. Had I not had a trade, the whole transaction would have been less than an hour, but we had to wait for the used car appraiser to show up.

Been a happy camper since that day. :thumbsup:

Thanks again Scott!

dqw1
12-02-09, 11:22 AM
The 1st time I drove my V1 was when the dealership told me it arrived. My fingers are crossed, but I should have my Raven V2 next week, (sight unseen). I hope it's not snowing if I fly in to pick it up.

wait4me
12-02-09, 11:27 AM
When we all bought our v1's no dealer would let me test drive them.. I had to buy one before i could do anything to it..... Are the dealers doing test drives for the v2s?

GMX322V S/C
12-02-09, 12:14 PM
As soon as I read that the 2nd-gen CTS-V was designed from the ground-up, I knew it was going to be a killer car. I had the 2nd deposit down at my dealership and took their 1st customer delivery sight unseen--been loving it ever since!

pmsteinm
12-02-09, 01:00 PM
Ordered mine before I saw a V (had sat in a regular CTS though). Picked the color (Blue Diamond) without having seen it. Love the car & the color. I wasn't worried because I had a 2004 V and knew the 09 was better in every way.

TrevorD
12-02-09, 01:37 PM
I'm glad to see that I'm not alone!

I like the surprise of it, so I'm not going to worry with a test drive at this point. I've already paid for the car, so it doesn't matter now. ;) It'll make a nice Christmas present to myself!

We've had a lot of V1 customers, but the V2 cars are still pretty rare in the Lubbock area. We do a lot more of the "hardcore" work of forged engines, etc., and I don't think many V2 owners have pushed their car to that point yet. I'm going to see how long I will be happy with a stock short-block and the power that comes with it. A good set of pistons, rings, and rods will make the car REALLY fun!

dvandentop
12-02-09, 01:43 PM
I drove my 06 z06 without ever drving one and also my 01 z06. i knew i would like them. i did drive short throws cts-v at katech track attack for like 5 minutes but did not get a chance to really feel the power or anything.

dpchamp87
12-02-09, 02:19 PM
I had a 10 minute 'test drive' in an auto V2 at a local dealer. That was enough for me to forget any sight unseen concerns. Picked mine up from Superior on 11/21 and so far (2200 miles) all ok other than one of the LCDs for the temps is faulty.

GMX322V S/C
12-02-09, 03:34 PM
...It'll make a nice Christmas present to myself!...Absolutely! I brought mine home on Christmas Eve last year--sat in it in the garage like a kid with a new toy going through all of the settings, reading the manual, etc. :D

GM-4-LIFE
12-02-09, 03:44 PM
I also bought sight unseen without ever seeing a V2 in person, let alone driving one.

With all the press reviews I read, I knew I would be happy with it.

I am not sorry that I bought sight unseen.

SG

mpouls1
12-02-09, 03:53 PM
Just looking for a Deville to add to my stable for the winter. Went to the stealership to look for one and I noticed a V2 just sitting there in the showroom like a puppy at a pet store looking for an owner. They wouldn't let me touch it or even look inside so I told them I wanted to buy it. Left with her that night.

sharky1
12-02-09, 03:55 PM
bot mine sight unseen from Scott..had'nt driven or seen one...but I did have a v1...good experience, except the front body work...hood, fenders, are horribly misaligned...asked the local dealer to fix and they just made it worse....probably gonna come out of pocket and have a good shop straighten it up...surprising for a 70k car, tho I did get it for 55....

aceofblitz
12-02-09, 03:59 PM
I read all about it on autoblog and jalopnik (my 2 favorite car blogs) and my friend bought one and told me over the phone how amazing it was. He took me for a spin but he didn't want to step on it because it was in the sub 100 mile region. I went to the dealership a couple of weeks later, cash in hand, and told them I want a CTS-V NOW NOW NOW. They had black/gray red/black white/black, all recaros, sun roofs, AT (the only option you can buy is the full option). I actually registered the car and tinted it and took it to paint protection before i even signed the sales papers lol. But it is seriously one hell of a pleasure to drive. The best car I've owned :D The only gripes I have about this car is that I didn't wait for the CTS-V coupe :(

readyact
12-02-09, 04:35 PM
I bought sight unseen. Actually had a deposit down on a Lexus IS-F and once it was confirmed that the 09 V was coming out I got my deposit back and drove down the street to the Cadillac dealership which did not require a deposit. I was second on the V list, waited 1 year and somehow my car came in first. Next week will mark one year ownership and I couldn’t be happier (well I could if I had gotten the car free).

RWFJR
12-02-09, 05:22 PM
Never have and never will...

Luna.
12-02-09, 05:25 PM
I purchased my car from Scott at Superior, totally unseen at that time. But it's a new car, so I wouldn't expect there to be any issues when I received it. I sat in plenty beforehand and own an '05V already, so I knew I'd love it.

It's so much better car than the first gen, it's not even funny. I just wish SOME of the things in the V1 carried over, but those aren't too big a deal.

The RWTQ of these cars is truly scary. It makes my V1 feel SLOW...and my maggied V1 wouldn't have stood a chance either...by LOTS

mbshoe
12-02-09, 07:27 PM
I'd never seen a V2 or V1 or even been inside a Caddy of any type (other than my parents '95 DeVille) in the past 5 years. I made the deal over the phone, and drove my trade-in from the Sacramento area to LA to pick it up. The purchase was a huge leap of faith. I don't regret it.

But, it's not unique. In 2005, I bought a low end, stripped, F-150 pickup truck sight-unseen, too. I needed a utility truck for light hauling and towing. I knew I couldn't go wrong with the Ford, Toyota's were too small (and pricey), and at the time GM was on my "It will be a cold day in heck before..." list. I was very pleasantly surprised.

backup
12-02-09, 10:44 PM
Saw a V2 at an autoshow in Jan 09. Saw a post from Scott and ordered to my specs, picked it up in May. Very happy so far! I ordered a 99 Corvette new sight unseen, other than that I have at least driven like models before ordering/purchasing a vehicle. No worries buying sight unseen.
The stranger thing to me is that I bought a Cadillac! I like the V1 and other V cars but just never saw myself owning a Cadillac. Just like I can't see myself owning a Lincoln, even if they had a serious performance car (are those things the ugliest cars you have ever seen, or is it just me?).

I love how the V2 (and V1) is a 'car guys' car. I like how only car people get it. To everyone else it is just a Cadillac. I have always been a car guy, and appreciated the niche, special version, performance options/vehicles. Like the gen 1 Sentra SE-R, 80s Omni/Charger GLHS, Cobra R, Contour SVT, Lightning SVT, Z06, M Coupe, real SS performance cars (Impala), Audi RS series, etc. Stuff that comes out of some skunk works built by a bunch of gear heads for other gear heads. Performance, first and foremost, looks, bling and badges far down the list. AMG in my opinion has become too diluted into a prestige badge for MB. M series BMW is going down the same path, although they can still make a performance statement. The V2 (and V1) is about performance, and they hit it out of the park.

zyx5432
12-02-09, 10:53 PM
I apparently made the same decision on the same day from the same dealer as Trevor! In fact, I think our cars will be shipped on the same transport! Now we'll just have to see who gets theirs first!

sefa01
12-02-09, 11:08 PM
Not big on test drives. Bought my V1 and V2 w/o test drives. Also my C6 and C6 Z06. Wasn't disappointed by any of them.

CTS NV
12-03-09, 12:31 AM
I, too, bought the car sight unseen from Scott. I never intended to do that, but the incredible deal, lack of 6-speed manuals anywhere near me, my uncooperative schedule and unattractive flights to Detroit made it the best option.

I did own a V1, had driven the new CTS and figured a V1 with the new CTS interior would have been enough for me. Of course, the V2 is much better in so many ways.

V-Love
12-03-09, 12:35 AM
I bought V1 that way in Feb 2004. I heard Caddy, 6-speed manual, 400HP, 2 color choices.....I was sold that second I read that.

dg144
12-03-09, 12:45 AM
I too bought mine sight unseen from Scott, the first time I saw a Man trans V2 was when mine was dropped off at my house!

thebigjimsho
12-03-09, 01:32 AM
I bought mine sight unseen from Texas...but with the help of this forum's best salesman, Cadillac Tony. Unfortunately, Tony didn't have any '09s left when the 0% offer came out, but he helped me out in my buying process. If there was anyway I could've bought from him, I would've.

But I had driven a V2 before. And hit 125mph. So I knew what I was getting.

The '04 was truly a sight unseen buy. The only thing I did was sit in one and make sure the room was sufficient. But it was an M5 for 60% of the price and CarandDriver loved how it drove, so I went on that. And loved it from day 1...

2k9RedV
12-03-09, 10:34 PM
I got mine from Scott - sight unseen, never driven or even seen a new V in person. Showed up in Michigan, got to the dealership, saw the car, drooled on it for about 5 min, went inside and signed on the line, got the keys and drove it for the first time as I was driving it off the lot. Absolutely love the car, could not be any happier!!!

Krug Ford
12-04-09, 10:40 AM
I got mine from Scott - sight unseen, never driven or even seen a new V in person. Showed up in Michigan, got to the dealership, saw the car, drooled on it for about 5 min, went inside and signed on the line, got the keys and drove it for the first time as I was driving it off the lot. Absolutely love the car, could not be any happier!!!

I amn so glad you like it..

Baxman
12-04-09, 02:17 PM
The closest I was to my '09 CTS-V before I bought it from Miller Cadillac in Charleston, SC was about 4500 miles. It should arrive in a 20 ft. container in Bremerhaven sometime during the next two weeks. And from there it's another 650 miles on a transporter until I finally see it. Wish me luck. :)

You're not going to fly to Bremerhaven and drive back to Switzerland on the autobahn?

Got my perfect Thunder Gray V2 "used" with 5400 on the clock in September. Saw it advertised online by a "boutique dealership" in So. Cal that deals only in high-end exotics. Made the deal over the phone, took Friday off, flew down, and wrote the check. Within 2 hours of touching down, I began the 20 hour drive straight back to Seattle. It wasn't easy learning how to use the nav, entertainment, HVAC, DIC, suspension, traction and so on, on-the-fly. After having driven on clogged Seattle freeways now for three months and being more familiar and comfortable with the V, I yearn for the open road like I had in the San Juaquin Valley and through Oregon. Or the autobahn :getaway:.

thebigjimsho
12-04-09, 05:13 PM
You're not going to fly to Bremerhaven and drive back to Switzerland on the autobahn?

Got my perfect Thunder Gray V2 "used" with 5400 on the clock in September. Saw it advertised online by a "boutique dealership" in So. Cal that deals only in high-end exotics. Made the deal over the phone, took Friday off, flew down, and wrote the check. Within 2 hours of touching down, I began the 20 hour drive straight back to Seattle. It wasn't easy learning how to use the nav, entertainment, HVAC, DIC, suspension, traction and so on, on-the-fly. After having driven on clogged Seattle freeways now for three months and being more familiar and comfortable with the V, I yearn for the open road like I had in the San Juaquin Valley and through Oregon. Or the autobahn :getaway:.
Looking back, I could've treated I-30 between Sulphur Springs and Texarkana as my own little autobahn...

Damn...

Z06ified
12-07-09, 01:04 PM
I bought mine sight unseen too, including the color (Thunder gray). I had sat in one at the car show earlier in the year, and tried out the manual shifter, but that's it. Never heard one running, never drove one, never had a ride in one. I did research the heck out of this car though, and damned near every review of the car raved about it. When I see a consistent review trend like that, I'm not concerned I won't like the car. ;) And I was right - having driven it 190 miles so far, I absolutely love it. I haven't even unleashed the beast yet, due to the break-in period. I'm certain I'll love it even more when that happens. I'm used to experiencing this kind of performance, having owned my '02 Z06 for 8 years. What I'm not used to is experiencing it with this much luxury and refinement at the same time. It's gonna be a long 1,500 miles...

Krug Ford
12-07-09, 01:27 PM
I'm glad all of you like the cars..

zyx5432
12-07-09, 10:31 PM
Mine was delivered yesterday. It's freakin fantastic. I just wish it weren't raining the entire time since I got it!

chrswk
12-08-09, 07:58 AM

I wish I could, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to drive through Germany and Switzerland with the stock summer tires, when the current conditions range from rain to snow to ice. I would rather do a trip over the autobahn in spring or summer next year. Safety first! :)

TrevorD
12-09-09, 12:57 AM
My sight-unseen purchase was delivered yesterday, and it's great. The car has exceeded my expectations, and I haven't even started modding it yet. ;) It showed up in perfect condition. Scott kept his word on the entire deal!

Krug Ford
12-09-09, 12:26 PM
I do keep my word and sell a bunch to people sight unseen..

I always want to thank everyone for the business.

richeic77
12-09-09, 02:42 PM
I can safely say I fall into this catagory. I'm in Iraq working and Scott has made the deal a no-brainer for me. Awesome numbers. Could not pass the deal up there was just no way. We've had a couple snag's but that was all on my end. It's safe to say I'm definitely one of if not the longest distance buyers out there. It's not easy to make calls and handle all the paperwork from out here, but it wasn't bad and Scott was right on the money everytime. Very responsive.

I appreciate the sale and I can't wait to get back to the States and enjoy the new Ride. Your reputation proceed's your Scott.

Krug Ford
12-09-09, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the comments. I try my best to make everyone happy.

Still We are wating for the pics of Trevor doing the burn out.. Hes letting us down :-(

TrevorD
12-09-09, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the comments. I try my best to make everyone happy.

Still We are wating for the pics of Trevor doing the burn out.. Hes letting us down :-(

I'm currently in Florida on business, BUT I do have an '08 CTS V6 rental! It will take a puddle of water to make it do a burnout, but that may be a stretch. I've tried already. ;)

tbisme
12-11-09, 02:39 PM
After seeing the ads, and reading about the test that was performed against a M5 in Road and Track magazine, I decided to take the plunge. No dealer in Louisiana would even try to find one for me, so I visited the Cadillac web site, and found three that were coming to Texas. The colors were two white and one black, so I went for the black one. I wanted the six speed manual, but all were autos. I emailed the dealer that was slated to receive "mine", and told them that I wanted this machine. That afternoon, they called me and said that they didn't have one. I gave him the VIN, and sure enough, after he checked into it, he found the car. It wasn't going to be delivered for another month, but I sent them a deposit, and when the car was two days from delivery, he called to let me know. I rented a car and drove 300 miles to pick it up. I watched them take it off the truck. When I left the dealership, that was my first time in any type of CTS and it had 15 miles on it and a full tank of gas. Now my car has 39K miles on it and I can't wait to drive it everyday.

Krug Ford
12-11-09, 02:46 PM
I can safely say I fall into this catagory. I'm in Iraq working and Scott has made the deal a no-brainer for me. Awesome numbers. Could not pass the deal up there was just no way. We've had a couple snag's but that was all on my end. It's safe to say I'm definitely one of if not the longest distance buyers out there. It's not easy to make calls and handle all the paperwork from out here, but it wasn't bad and Scott was right on the money everytime. Very responsive.

I appreciate the sale and I can't wait to get back to the States and enjoy the new Ride. Your reputation proceed's your Scott.

I didn't hear back if your parents got your car yet.

Krug Ford
12-11-09, 02:49 PM
Your car is in your driveway..

I heard your parents ordered a car cover for you.

richeic77
12-11-09, 03:02 PM
Sweet! Been chatting thru E-mail with them. It's going to get a car wash today and it'll be waiting for me when I get back. Only 3 days and a Wake up till I get to Kuwait. Then 1 more day and stay up late for my flight across the pond. I think everyone needs to live in some shithole for atleast a month so they'll learn to LOVE how good we have it in the states.
'
Again. Thanks for all the help Scott!

neuronbob
12-11-09, 03:22 PM
Sweet! Been chatting thru E-mail with them. It's going to get a car wash today and it'll be waiting for me when I get back. Only 3 days and a Wake up till I get to Kuwait. Then 1 more day and stay up late for my flight across the pond. I think everyone needs to live in some shithole for atleast a month so they'll learn to LOVE how good we have it in the states.
'
Again. Thanks for all the help Scott!

Thank you for your service. Make it home safe so we can see video of you doing a burnout as well. :)

Now my car has 39K miles on it and I can't wait to drive it everyday.

I think you win the high mileage award for 2009 Vs. :thumbsup:

The-Dullahan
12-11-09, 10:45 PM
My first car and still the only car I own, is my 1987 Caddy HEARSE! (Fleetwood Brougham) and I purchased her from Massachusettes while in Florida, she traveled nearly the entire East Coast. Should have maybe picked one up in Pennsylvania, since I lived there nearly all my life and those mountain towns have plenty of hearses and all the cars are old Caddy's, Buicks, Lincolns and such...

Anyhoo, she travelled down to me and there was a major delay in her arrival. When she was finally picked up, she was intended to arrive on the twenty-eighth of October, 2008. Then she was made even more late, due to the driver and arrived two days later...on Halloween...Oh, the glory...and all my neighbours thought I was RENTING her...

dvandentop
12-18-09, 01:53 AM
will be going to get mine next saturday most likely. I hope i have no surprises as it is a long way back to South Dakota from Louisiana

Krug Ford
12-18-09, 10:34 AM
will be going to get mine next saturday most likely. I hope i have no surprises as it is a long way back to south dakota from louisiana

you won"t have any..

thebigjimsho
12-18-09, 10:54 AM
you won"t have any..
Where were you during Katrina?

SoCalPirate
04-19-10, 07:33 PM
Sorry for reviving threads as old as this one, but I fall into this category and figured I should mention my experience. I bought a used 09 V with 9900 miles from a dealer in Sugar Land TX and I'm in SoCal. I was coming out of a 07 Corvette and had driven a regular CTS, but not a V. I had a company called Cartech do a visual inspection and test drive, they sent me a hundred pics, carfax report and pretty good write up. I was going to have it shipped, but the shipping windows weren't very appealing (1-3 weeks), so I flew out and drove it back. I have to admit, even though I felt I did plenty of homework on this car I was still nervous, but the car was everything I had imagined.