: One of my roommates is eating himself into an early grave.

Jesda
12-02-09, 01:20 AM
http://www.q45.org/cpg/albums/userpics/10001/normal_100_5458.jpg
Insane quantity of fast food.

http://www.q45.org/cpg/albums/userpics/10001/normal_100_5459.jpg
Free Coke glasses that come with McD's combo meals.

:suspense:

Jonas McFeely
12-02-09, 01:41 AM
I work at a Chinese joint...and i love Chinese food...:drool: :tisk:

RightTurn
12-02-09, 02:14 AM
McRib...my guilty pleasure. :suspense: Nothing beats chopped and formed mystery meat with BBQ sauce. Nom.

dkozloski
12-02-09, 12:56 PM
Fast food doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't care what it is, I'd rather go hungry. If I'm desperate and have to buy something I'll wind up throwing 1/2 of it away.

orconn
12-02-09, 01:13 PM
I would think that for $15.00 you could get a better meal somwhere else. Might not get all the calories though. That's a lot of money for one persons pile of junk food.

kckranz
12-02-09, 01:18 PM
.....and the only "vegetables" that could be found, the onions and pickle, were removed from the gluttonous meal.

CadillacGurl
12-02-09, 01:19 PM
My sister lives right next door to a mcdonalds and she has a pile of receipts in the corner of her room... she has been complaining she's gained weight :helpless"

EcSTSatic
12-02-09, 01:47 PM
That's the sad state of a lot of Americans.
Is he trying to get on TV?
http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/images/thumbnails/blu_blclub.jpg

gary88
12-02-09, 02:24 PM
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af175/gheb882/Mcdonaldsfatkids.jpg

77CDV
12-02-09, 03:26 PM
^OK that's just sad.

TSS
12-02-09, 04:55 PM
LOL at eating all that stuff and holding the pickle. Like he is a picky eater....

And agree, that photo 2 frames up really is sad. Poor kid is not getting appropriate direction. As adults, if we choose to eat garbage or be obese, it is our decision, for the most part. That kid simply does not know any better.

Jonas McFeely
12-02-09, 05:35 PM
That kid simply does not know any better.

I disagree. That kid goes to school. He is a young member of society. He see's that other children dont look like him. He is human. He can make the correlation between all of the shit he eats and what its doing to his body.

His parents should be jailed for abuse and negligence. But i dont buy that he doesnt know better.

TSS
12-02-09, 05:44 PM
I bet you that kid is not even 6 years old. He knows he is fat, but that's all.

We can agree to disagree.

V-Eight
12-02-09, 06:36 PM
IHe see's that other children dont look like him. er.

The problem is, he probably doesn't. There are way too many fat kids these days, even from when I went to elementary. Back in my day there was maybe 2-3 fat kids in the grade, now there's probably at least 10. Its sickening, really.

gary88
12-02-09, 07:08 PM
This thread is now about fat people.

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af175/gheb882/48_1259750117.jpg

Jesda
12-02-09, 07:10 PM
The funny thing is, the roommate who I've seen eat like this is really skinny. I bet his insides are awful.

77CDV
12-02-09, 08:16 PM
Oh, he's one of those who can eat anything and still be a stick. Now I really hate him!

Rodya234
12-02-09, 08:46 PM
pffffft.

that's not even a lot.

Every time I go to McDonalds (about twice a month), I get:

20 chicken nuggets.
1 Big and Tasty.
2 Double Cheeseburgers.
Large fries and a large orange soda.

I'm 200lbs; body fat is under 8%.

Albertan
12-02-09, 08:54 PM
I have auto control on myself. If we go an a trip and I eat at fast food for 2 days, my body revolts and I can't stand the thought of any more. Once a week is all I can take on an ongoing basis. At that it is one 1/4 pound burger and reg fries, reg drink. When I was younger I could choke down a couple of burgers but no longer.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-02-09, 08:54 PM
Oh, he's one of those who can eat anything and still be a stick. Now I really hate him!

Oh hay there!

V-Eight
12-02-09, 09:01 PM
What's a 'Big and Tasty'.....a Big Mac?

Rodya234
12-02-09, 09:08 PM
What's a 'Big and Tasty'.....a Big Mac?

"The Big N' Tasty is a hamburger, consisting of a quarter-pound, or 4 ounces (110 g), beef patty, sesame seed bun, lettuce, tomato slice, mayonnaise, ketchup, chopped onions, two pickle slices, and grill seasoning. Cheese can be added on request"

I don't know if they have it in Canada.

c5 rv
12-02-09, 09:17 PM
One of my buddies in college in the 1970s went on to graduate school and ate just about every meal at McD for two years - breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He walked from his apartment to campus and McD was along the way. He left graduate school as skinny as he entered. I wonder what he looks like now...

DILLIGAF
12-02-09, 09:34 PM
My 21yr old eats like that and always has!He is 6'2 170lbs,you would swear he has worms.I keep telling myself it will taper off but theres no end in sight yet.His fridge raiding causes me trouble with the wife,always broke and always hungry, he stops by too often for the wife.

V-Eight
12-02-09, 09:48 PM
"The Big N' Tasty is a hamburger, consisting of a quarter-pound, or 4 ounces (110 g), beef patty, sesame seed bun, lettuce, tomato slice, mayonnaise, ketchup, chopped onions, two pickle slices, and grill seasoning. Cheese can be added on request"

I don't know if they have it in Canada.

Ah, its just called a 'Quarter Pounder' up here lol

MacMuse
12-02-09, 10:16 PM
No, they are slightly different. They carry both sandwiches at the same time.

Quarter Pounder - http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/images/1004s.jpg

Big N' Tasty - http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/images/1006s.jpg

gary88
12-02-09, 10:18 PM
Ah, its just called a 'Quarter Pounder' up here lol

Shouldn't it be the .11 kilogramer in Canada?

V-Eight
12-02-09, 10:34 PM
Shouldn't it be the .11 kilogramer in Canada?

You'd think lol. In fact Canadians are always bugged by other countries about the fact that they can't stick to one type of measurement. For example most of us can only visualize height in imperial, but do every other length measurement in metric.

Jesda
12-02-09, 10:37 PM
I am fascinated by canada. Its america, but not.

RightTurn
12-02-09, 10:40 PM
I love Canada. Tim Horton's FTW!! :canuck:

gary88
12-02-09, 10:45 PM

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af175/gheb882/canada-americas-hat-tshirt-1.jpg

dkozloski
12-02-09, 10:48 PM
I think of Canada as the U.S. about thirty years ago.

V-Eight
12-02-09, 10:49 PM

The only thing I wish we had that America had is the right to carry guns. Other than that, I'm happy here. Oh, and some locations with tropical climates lol

V-Eight
12-02-09, 10:50 PM
I think of Canada as the U.S. about thirty years ago.

Before everyone hated them? I don't hate you guys, but a large portion of the world does. No offense intended here.

RightTurn
12-02-09, 11:15 PM
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af175/gheb882/canada-americas-hat-tshirt-1.jpg

So...Mexico would be..??

RightTurn
12-02-09, 11:16 PM
Before everyone hated them? I don't hate you guys, but a large portion of the world does. No offense intended here.

Ya, they all hate us till they need help. Frackers. :alchi:

gdwriter
12-02-09, 11:19 PM

I love Canada. Tim Horton's FTW!! :canuck:Canada's the Sarah Lee of countries. Nobody doesn't like Canada. Eh?

V-Eight
12-02-09, 11:20 PM
So...Mexico would be..??

In the same boat as their food 2hrs after eating.....

Ya, they all hate us till they need help. Frackers. :alchi:

Exactly, I respect that take no shit kinda attitude though.

RightTurn
12-02-09, 11:22 PM
Exactly, I respect that take no shit kinda attitude though.

:highfive:

eldorado99
12-02-09, 11:30 PM
The only thing I wish we had that America had is the right to carry guns.

We do... sort of. I assume you mean concealed carry?

I agree with you. Our gun laws are terrible, unjust, and arbitrary. I also want them to be more along the lines of our neighbours to the south.

V-Eight
12-02-09, 11:39 PM
We do... sort of. I assume you mean concealed carry?

I agree with you. Our gun laws are terrible, unjust, and arbitrary. I also want them to be more along the lines of our neighbours to the south.

No I mean a gun on my belt. I don't hunt so I'm not super familiar with the laws, but when not in a locked cabinet, doesn't it have to be unloaded in a locked case in your car?

eldorado99
12-03-09, 01:44 AM
No I mean a gun on my belt. I don't hunt so I'm not super familiar with the laws, but when not in a locked cabinet, doesn't it have to be unloaded in a locked case in your car?

Depends on the gun. If you are talking "restricted" or "prohibited" guns which all handguns and a few rifles and shotguns are (few folks are lucky enough to have a prohib license, but restricted licenses are easy enough to get) then yes, if it isn't in your locked case with a trigger lock then it better be in a locked case in your locked trunk with a trigger lock, or in your hands at the range, but you aren't allowed to hunt with restricteds or prohibs period, range use only.

Non-restricteds (which includes most common rifles and shotguns) you are legally allowed to carry without any kind of lock or case, you can even carry it in a sling on your back onto the bus. Problem is our country is so terrified of guns in public that I'm sure if you actually tried to exercise your right to do this you would have the cops called on you and you might need a lawyer to get out of that one. Bottom line is, its legal to carry a non-restricted gun basically anywhere, but it is not socially acceptable at all, unless you are hunting or at the range or buddies house who also has guns.

Of course you must have a PAL (firearms Posession and Acquisition License) with the proper classification to do any of the above, if you don't have a firearms license you are not allowed to own or operate firearms. Exception to that rule being that you may operate a firearm if in direct (arms reach) supervision of someone who has the proper license classification for that gun.

I could go on and if you have any questions I am more than happy to answer. I just can't explain every law and rule in detail because like I said, many of our laws are arbitrary and deal with certain guns and conditions only. If you are interested in owning a gun in Canada I wish you nothing but the best and I will offer any help or advice I can, PM me if you want anything at all.

Also sorry Jesda and everyone... I'm rambling too much.

RightTurn
12-03-09, 11:38 AM
YouTube- Led Zeppelin - Ramble On

TSS
12-03-09, 01:08 PM
Huh, what happened here? I checked my CP and it took me to this thread. I don't remember getting involved in a weapon/ Canada/USA discussion..... last thing I remember is feeling bad for a portly 6 year old....

iowasevillests
12-03-09, 02:17 PM
Back to Jesda's original topic....which recently you can see a thread by him and flip a coin is it a random trip documentation or a food thread but I digress. I'm just generally cheap on most things so when I stop by a choke and puke its almost always something off the dollar/value menu and I normally try and make it at least marginally healthy by getting a wrap or a chicken sandwich along with that burger or frosty:drool:

But to the comment on the rather obese kid I'm going to guess that his parents have very similar eating habits and thats where he gets them, kids get so much of their actions from emulating those around them and if mommy and daddy don't eat healthy, there probably isn't healthy stuff around the house....so jr gets pretty big pretty quick.

eldorado99
12-03-09, 04:30 PM
When I was 16 or 17 one of my buddies worked at McDonalds. Made for some pretty cheap bags of 10 or 15 double cheese burgers and junior chickens that we would all bring back to school and scarf down being the hungry teenagers that we were. I stop by McDonalds and get a junior chicken or two every now and again nowadays, but not more than once a month anymore.

RightTurn
12-03-09, 04:41 PM
No, they are slightly different. They carry both sandwiches at the same time.

Quarter Pounder - http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/images/1004s.jpg

Big N' Tasty - http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/images/1006s.jpg

We have something called the "Homestyle Burger" but it has mustard, not ketchup.

77CDV
12-04-09, 03:26 AM
Oh hay there!

Sorry, Chad, but I'm bitter! :crying:

Growing up, my brother could eat everything and anything and STILL have a 27" waist. I could never get anything less than 32", and only then if I starved myself. Even now, it's all I can do to maintain a 34" waist and 160 lbs. One slip, and tack on 5-10 lbs without blinking. My brother, meanwhile, is 10 years older than me and STILL eats anything and doesn't gain an ounce.:annoyed:

I would gladly kill for your metabolism, you lucky duck!

ewill3rd
12-04-09, 09:59 AM
When I was young... in high school... I began eating at Micky D's every day for about a 5 year period.
I could polish off large pizzas by myself, eat two people's worth of burritos and I drank soda (or whatever it is called where you live) by the gallon.
I worked at a pizza place and we got free soda as long as we had our own cup, I drank 1-2 gallons a day of Pepsi.
I ate 5 quarts of ice cream in one sitting... etc etc.
I was 6' tall and I couldn't break 150 if I tried. After I turned about 27ish soda made me sick, I have boycotted McD's for other reasons and I forced myself to eat salad and all the crap tha is good for me that won't make me throw up.
I got up to 210 and this year I ripped 30 pounds back off and then 7 of them slid back on.
It is a constant battle and certain times of year I do better than others. At this time of year my body starts craving all sorts of stuff and I put on my "winter weight".
In the spring my appetite is usually gone. I actually hate eating, it is such an inconvenience to take time to sit down and eat when I have so many things to do.
Problem is now as I get older if I don't eat (I could go longer when I was young) I get lightheaded and cranky.

This guy might be fine for now, but someday if he doesn't adjust his eating habits it will kill him.
It's fun if you can metabolize it but it still isn't good for you.

Those children in that photo should be taken away from their parents.
When I look at them I see a parent trying to do anything to make their kid happy, and kids just can't be happy all the time.
Sadness is part of life, this instant gratification give me what I want society is killing us all.

V-Eight
12-04-09, 05:33 PM
Sorry, Chad, but I'm bitter! :crying:

Growing up, my brother could eat everything and anything and STILL have a 27" waist. I could never get anything less than 32", and only then if I starved myself. Even now, it's all I can do to maintain a 34" waist and 160 lbs. One slip, and tack on 5-10 lbs without blinking. My brother, meanwhile, is 10 years older than me and STILL eats anything and doesn't gain an ounce.:annoyed:

I would gladly kill for your metabolism, you lucky duck!

How short are you to worry about a 32' waist and 160 lbs?

77CDV
12-05-09, 12:06 AM
How short are you to worry about a 32' waist and 160 lbs?

5'7", if I stand on my tippy-toes and crane my neck. Anyone wanna sell about 3" of height? :rolleyes:

Kick94sts
12-06-09, 02:59 PM
Ever since I've gone to college and live within 2 blocks of a mcdonalds I've been eating it alot more.... needs to stop though, lol

Stingroo
12-06-09, 04:42 PM
lol I haven't eaten an off campus meal since I've been here... and I've actually lost 4 inches on my waist from the ridiculous amount of stairs I have to walk. FTW

Kick94sts
12-06-09, 04:45 PM
haha yea i think the stairs and all the walking to class is the only thing that saved me from the freshman 15!

Stingroo
12-06-09, 06:50 PM
Tell me about it. I've had like, the Freshman -15.

Jesda
12-06-09, 07:27 PM
http://mcslob.ytmnd.com/

Rodya234
12-06-09, 07:50 PM
I figure that I can usually eat whatever I want (as long it isn't going to melt my liver) because I sweat it off before the day is over.

osu411yamaha
12-07-09, 02:45 AM
I figure that I can usually eat whatever I want (as long it isn't going to melt my liver) because I sweat it off before the day is over.
In one sentence you have managed to show a lack of both common sense and scientific reasoning.....

TSS
12-07-09, 11:01 AM

What do you eat that can melt your liver? Rum cake? :D

V-Eight
12-07-09, 02:34 PM
In one sentence you have managed to show a lack of both common sense and scientific reasoning.....

Weren't you banned?

EcSTSatic
12-07-09, 04:46 PM
:histeric::food-snacking:

hyperboimmv
12-16-09, 08:36 AM
This reminds me.. I haven't had McD's in a while... (thats high class fast food up here, they remodeled the building and looks great compared to the burger king and taco bell.) :P