: That Damned BEEP-BEEP-BEEP!

Baxman
11-30-09, 11:30 PM
One of the only things I don't like about the V is the inability to spend time in the driveway detailing it with music playing and the door(s) open. The door alarm is piercing, and there is no plunger switch in the doorjamb that can be depressed to turn it off. I have the alarm set to "normal" volume thru the DIC (who would have it louder??:bonkers:), and the dealer tells me there's no way to turn it off or disable it. Does this bother anyone else? Any ideas?

dvandentop
12-01-09, 12:29 AM
it could be removed in some previous models but you needed to buy a module that is around $150-200 or so :(

Tony407
12-01-09, 12:35 AM
Just turn the key to the ON position.

Tony

sefa01
12-01-09, 06:40 AM
With the V1, you could play the radio for about 10-15 minutes before the battery went dead. I'm not about to find out how long it takes on the V2.

Aron9000
12-01-09, 07:09 AM
I know on my old 1999 Z28 Camaro and my old 1991 Brougham you can kind of jiggle the key slighty loose in the on or accesory position and that will quit it from dinging with the door open.

I know a lot of newer GM cars can have the key slightly out from the igintion and it won't ding on you.

That being said, I've had an aftermarket amp and subs installed on my previous three cars, so I never leave the car in accesory for fear of draining my battery.

demorgan59
12-01-09, 09:28 AM
http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/demorgan59/Rodney.jpg

Cadillac Tony
12-01-09, 09:53 AM
Tony407 is right- just turn the key switch one more position to ON (instead of ACC, where you have it now). It should ding three times then stop, even with the doors open.

tedcmiller
12-01-09, 09:33 PM
Note that the 2009 CTS-V has no removable key as earlier cars did. There is nothing to "jiggle."

Baxman
12-02-09, 12:04 AM
Tony407 is right- just turn the key switch one more position to ON (instead of ACC, where you have it now). It should ding three times then stop, even with the doors open.

Wouldn't that power up everything including the fuel pump, and drain the battery even faster?

Tony407
12-02-09, 01:21 AM
Wouldn't that power up everything including the fuel pump, and drain the battery even faster?

Maybe. But he wanted to know about getting rid of the BEEP BEEP BEEP. It also turns on your climate control, so make sure you shut that off.

Tony

ewill3rd
12-02-09, 08:29 AM
Here is what I do in the shop when I do battery draw tests and/or need the door open for a long time.

Take a small tool like a screwdriver or even a pencil, open the door, go to the door latch and stick the tool in there as if you were closing the door, slide the tool towards the skin of the door and latch the latch 2 clicks.
The computer now thinks the door is closed and you are sitting in it listening to the radio... no more chime.
;)

You only need do this with the driver door, but before you close the door be sure to grab the inside (or outside) door handle to release the latch.
It is okay if you forget but it makes a horrible noise if you try to shut the door with the latch already latched.
:lol:
Just don't forget that it is latched and start slamming it hard!

Baxman
12-03-09, 01:50 PM
Here is what I do in the shop when I do battery draw tests and/or need the door open for a long time.

Take a small tool like a screwdriver or even a pencil, open the door, go to the door latch and stick the tool in there as if you were closing the door, slide the tool towards the skin of the door and latch the latch 2 clicks.
The computer now thinks the door is closed and you are sitting in it listening to the radio... no more chime.
;)

You only need do this with the driver door, but before you close the door be sure to grab the inside (or outside) door handle to release the latch.
It is okay if you forget but it makes a horrible noise if you try to shut the door with the latch already latched.
:lol:
Just don't forget that it is latched and start slamming it hard!

That is the answer. It works perfectly. Thanks, ewill3rd!!

readyact
12-03-09, 04:26 PM
A year ago when I first got my 09 V I took the Optima battery out of my Bonneville SSEi and swapped it with the GM supplied battery in the V. I can play DVDs and music for hours without the car running and the battery does not completely drain. When it's time to start the V it fires right up. The operating volts from the Optima are exactly the same in relation to the GM supplied battery. The CTS is not listed on the Optima site in fact the only Cadillac listed is the XLR. I'm using Optima battery D34/79 (8014--045), but please consult Optima if you are thinking of swapping batteries.

Tony407
12-03-09, 08:38 PM
Good advice on the Optima Yellow Top. I've been procrastinating doing the same, especially with my aftermarket sub & amp. How easy did the Optima fit? Did you have to do any modifications and no problems with securely fastening it down?

Tony

RapidRob
12-03-09, 10:49 PM
Good advice on the Optima Yellow Top.

Tony

Or maybe even a Blue-Top deep cycle ....:yup:

Rob

ewill3rd
12-04-09, 09:08 AM
You are welcome Bax, I hate door chimes... believe me.