: CD player or CD NOT player

2k9RedV
11-30-09, 11:13 PM
Whenever I insert a disc it just flashes disc reading or something like that. It never plays and will eventually spit the disc out after about a minute but the display keeps saying disc reading and won't stop until I turn off the car and restart it. Then the radio comes back on and all is fine if I don't try to insert another disc. It is not disc specific and has done this on multiple cd's. I took it to the dealership and of course it works perfectly. So I promply recorded the cd to the HDD, for later listening. After a short stop to fill up with gas I restarted the car and again no CD playing ability and can't access the HDD either. The dealership was closed by then of course. So I haven't had the chance to get it back up there, any ideas of how I can fix this without having to travel back up to the dealership again? Thanks is advance.

Jpjr
12-01-09, 12:16 AM
Your radio is broke and you need to swap it out. Don't even think about fixing it, this is a warranty issue and should not be left to the owner to figure out.

wfo
12-01-09, 08:42 AM
I'm not in the car as I write this, but, this also happened to me. It's not the player. It's in the using one of the feature buttons on your entertainment panel. I'd go get your manual and read playing a CD. There my friend, you will find the answer.

As with many unanswered questions we have over time about features and benefits of these great cars. They are indeed loaded great stuff, but we need to use them or you we don't remember the intial orientation or forget after we've been shown. .