: From STS V to CTS V…ONE WORD.…WOW!

dtalley
11-30-09, 03:53 PM
Hi everyone, newbie here to posting, but a long time lurker in this forum. Anyway, I just turned in my ’06 STS V for a ’09 CTS V black automatic loaded.

So, from the STS V to the CTS V; the two cars cannot be compared. It would be like comparing apples and ponies. It just doesn’t work.

I purchased the car from Scott Pratt at Superior and the experience was great. He did a great job assisting me in this transaction and I was at the dealer for only about an hour to get everything signed and pull away in the new car. Scott went “the extra mile” for me and made a somewhat difficult transaction work. Folks he’s the real deal so don’t hesitate to do business with him!

Now, impressions of the new V;
• The HP/torque of the new car is obvious at any speed and a huge improvement from my STS V. :yup:
• The car has a great tight feel and the brakes are very impressive (although I can only imagine what new rotors will cost when the time comes).
• Love the Recaro seats! I wonder, do they make beds?
• Love the navigation system with traffic. How did I live so long without it?
• I look forward to discovering more as my experience grows.

Now, a couple of comments for the GM engineers that cruise this board periodically;
• Overall, guys way to go and thanks! Keep up the great work with American know how and muscle!
• No side view mirror that tilts in reverse? I’ve read here it was deleted because it was too confusing to some customers. Guys, a $70K car with XM radio with a big hard drive, navigation, and the side view mirror that tilts in reverse is too complicated. Guys, please?
• Auto high beams would be nice. That feature was included on my STS V and I came to like it.
• Flash to pass should be a no brainer. I believe the 2010 V’s now have it and it would be nice to get retro-programming so that the ’09 V owners can enjoy it too (and for that matter the side view mirror tilt in reverse)!

Now, a question for the folks in this forum.
• Who in the MD/VA area is the best for performance modifications for my new V?

I’ll be changing the oil and rear differential fluid tomorrow night. Then, I’m going to break the car in a little more before really ‘letting her rip’.

The windows were tinted last week along with a clear bra installation. Pictures are forthcoming.

wait4me
11-30-09, 03:57 PM
Congrats on the major upgrade.. the 09 CTSV is soooo much better than its older V brothers....

If you want to know about parts available, give me a call and i can get you just about anything for it for the cheapest cost around.. :)

Might even have a little cheaper pricing on some things than usuall this week....

Installs also for the parts if you come in person are extreamly cheap.

gnxs
11-30-09, 05:17 PM
I made the same "V" to "V" transition you did with the same observations.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

I'll add, now that it's getting cold here in Chicagoland I really wish my CTS-V had a heated steering wheel like my STS-V did. :(

GM-4-LIFE
11-30-09, 05:50 PM
I went from 2006 CTS-V to 2007 STS-V to the 2009 CTS-V and I know exactly how you feel! CONGRATS on the new car!

ENJOY IT!

SG

thebigjimsho
11-30-09, 06:30 PM
Were you a linebacker for the Bills?

cbloveday
11-30-09, 09:51 PM
Lol :)

VetteOwner
11-30-09, 10:03 PM
Now, a question for the folks in this forum.
• Who in the MD/VA area is the best for performance modifications for my new V?

Might want to check this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/179011-behe-open-house-md-va-dc.html

LITTLEELVISDAN
12-01-09, 09:46 AM
How did you fare on your 2006 STS-V trade? I'll be looking for a Coupe when it comes out.

dtalley
12-01-09, 10:20 AM
My '06 STS V was a lease so i can't provide any trade info. Sorry.

Krug Ford
12-01-09, 11:49 AM
David,

I am so glad you are enjoying your CTS-V with your family.

Thanks for calling me the other day telling me how you enjoy it.

Thanks again for the business.

Jpjr
12-02-09, 12:16 AM
I also did the 2006 CTS-V to 2006 STS-V to 2009 CTS-V and could not be happier.

The STS-V is a great luxary car but very frustrating for me to enjoy driving, mostly due to the terrible throttle response.

The market value for a 2006 STS-V is mid/mid-high-20's. That is an amzingly bad residual value and I feel bad for STS-V owners that rightfully so wish their car was worth $20k more. Of course, if you bought it as an investment then I have a bridge to sell you :)

The favorite part of my day now is climbing into my V2. It is the best money I've ever spent, and I've never been happier with a car.