: Will the 2009 + V ever become as road track friendly as the v1??

dvandentop
11-30-09, 01:55 AM
Just been thinking about this and does anyone think after as 2010 progress' that the v2 will ever come close to be as road track friendly as the v1's are?? I have read stories of no real track tires working with the v2 etc... diff overheating etc...

What do you guys think? Will it just take time for some more products to come to the market to make the V2 feel at home on the road track?

thebigjimsho
11-30-09, 02:02 AM
I don't think so...

Gary Wells
11-30-09, 06:34 AM
I don't think that it will either. The fact that we can't get the GM differential cooler should be some indication of things to come, even though D3 has developed one.

jvp
11-30-09, 09:55 AM
What do you guys think? Will it just take time for some more products to come to the market to make the V2 feel at home on the road track?

I'm going to disagree with the other responders in this thread. I think that with the addition of some aftermarket parts, the V2 will make a perfectly acceptable and fun HPDE car:

1. Differential cooler. Desperately needed if you plan to take the car to the track. And we now have aftermarket solutions for that.

2. Better tires. The PS2s are quite good, but they're not R compounds. Unfortunately, the existing R compounds really aren't safe to use with the V2 due to its mass.

3. Brake rotors. The stock rotors are good, but not good enough to last a day at the track. They will get grooved and rippled due to the abuse. The promised-but-not-delivered track rotors from Brembo were going to address this shortcoming. Perhaps someone else will deliver?

jas (been there, done that)