: 4 Washington state Police Officers shot dead in ambush:

Gary Wells
11-29-09, 06:10 PM
I did not open up the article yet, but MSN headlines are that 4 Washington state Police Officers were shot dead in an ambush in a coffee shop.
My prayers and condolences go out to their loved ones, families, co-workers, and LEO's everywhere. Such a senseless tragedy to happen on Thanksgiving weekend. God Bless all emergency personnel everywhere.

LS1Mike
11-29-09, 06:55 PM
They were Lakewood Police. Parkland is about 35 miles south of me. They were right outside of McCord Airforce Base.
Sad and Crazy. Not sure why anyone would do that. The coffee shop is owned by a retired LEO.

Gary Wells
11-29-09, 07:01 PM
The MSN article that I read advised that they were Lakewood, WA Police Officers having coffee at a Forza coffee shop in Parkland & had their laptops out getting ready for their shift. They just lost a LEO shot & killed in Seattle on Halloween night. He was sitting in a squad car with another officer. That suspect was shot, wounded, and is supposedly paralyzed from waist down but still in hospital.

LS1Mike
11-29-09, 07:03 PM
I think were they were is Parkland.

Gary Wells
11-29-09, 07:57 PM
I am referring to to different incidents. The one occurring in Parkland, and another one occurring in Seattle on Halloween night. 5 LEO's lost by the State of WA in less than a month.

Rolex
11-29-09, 07:59 PM
Absolutely tragic.

Ranger
11-29-09, 08:06 PM
The article I read sounded more like an execution than an ambush. Either way, there are some messed up people out there.

dkozloski
11-29-09, 08:15 PM
Washington state is being overrun with liberals fleeing California and the East Coast and bringing gang crime with them.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-29-09, 08:19 PM
This is awful. Truly terrible.

iowasevillests
11-29-09, 10:10 PM
I just hope that the headline in the morning is that they caught the SOB(s) that did this so that he/she is off the street and can't do this again. The most recent article I saw said that one of the officers may have struggled with the suspect and that the suspect may be wounded.....hopefully they find the responsible individual(s) quickly.

V-Eight
11-29-09, 10:13 PM
The suspect deserves to be killed

westons
11-29-09, 11:19 PM
I cant even believe this, this is a sad country we live in these days. I wish we still had public executions because this f!!cker deserves to suffer.

93DevilleUSMC
11-30-09, 09:44 AM
http://wjz.com/national/officers.shot.washington.2.1339355.html

The suspect is also charged with child rape, among other things.

RightTurn
12-01-09, 04:30 PM
And now, he's history. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091201/ap_on_re_us/us_officers_shot

V-Eight
12-01-09, 04:42 PM
And now, he's history. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091201/ap_on_re_us/us_officers_shot

Good.

billc83
12-01-09, 05:22 PM
I really hope anyone and everyone who helped him gets the maximum sentence possible.

Submariner409
12-01-09, 05:25 PM
You have just seen how well our criminal justice lawyers, judges, parole boards and rehabilitation centers function. Remember the news story of a short time ago about how California was going to release some 3,000 prisoners to save money ?

.........and if you had shot the bastard, some ambulance chaser lawyer could pick the right judge and put you in jail forever.........even if you killed him in your own front hall at 2 in the morning after hearing glass break.

dkozloski
12-01-09, 05:38 PM
You have just seen how well our criminal justice lawyers, judges, parole boards and rehabilitation centers function. Remember the news story of a short time ago about how California was going to release some 3,000 prisoners to save money ?

.........and if you had shot the bastard, some ambulance chaser lawyer could pick the right judge and put you in jail forever.........even if you killed him in your own front hall at 2 in the morning after hearing glass break.
Not in the states with a castle law like Texas and Alaska.

Rolex
12-01-09, 06:28 PM
I really hope anyone and everyone who helped him gets the maximum sentence possible.

Does that include Governor Mike Huckabee?

93DevilleUSMC
12-02-09, 05:48 PM

Bang. Bang. Suspect down.

93DevilleUSMC
12-02-09, 05:59 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091201/ap_on_re_us/us_officers_shot

From the article:

"At the time of his arrest in Washington state earlier this year, investigators said Clemmons had visions that he was Jesus Christ and that the world was on the verge of the apocalypse. He also "told the officer President Obama and Lebron James are his brothers, Oprah (Winfrey) is his sister and referred to himself as 'the beast,'" according to court papers obtained by The News Tribune of Tacoma."

:alchi:

RightTurn
12-02-09, 10:20 PM
Not in the states with a castle law like Texas and Alaska.

:gungrin:

Aron9000
12-03-09, 12:23 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091201/ap_on_re_us/us_officers_shot

From the article:

"At the time of his arrest in Washington state earlier this year, investigators said Clemmons had visions that he was Jesus Christ and that the world was on the verge of the apocalypse. He also "told the officer President Obama and Lebron James are his brothers, Oprah (Winfrey) is his sister and referred to himself as 'the beast,'" according to court papers obtained by The News Tribune of Tacoma."

:alchi:

And the state deemed that he was not a threat to public safety. Come on, the guy had an armed robbery charge in his past, anytime some violent criminal starts spouting off crazy talk like that you need to think that he's going to act violently. The man should have been put back in prison or the insane aslyum. Our justice system at work. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Rolex
12-03-09, 01:42 AM
And the state deemed that he was not a threat to public safety. Come on, the guy had an armed robbery charge in his past, anytime some violent criminal starts spouting off crazy talk like that you need to think that he's going to act violently. The man should have been put back in prison or the insane aslyum. Our justice system at work. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

This is NOT a failure of the justice system....though I'm sure it has more then enough examples of failure.

THis man was serving an 85 year prison term in Arkansas. 85 years!! Before our beloved Gov Mike Huckabee left office he pardoned this pillar of society and freed him from his bonds.

Put this failure on the shoulders of Mike Huckabee, who denies any responsibility.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/30/AR2009113003928.html

Not his first mistake either:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/12/04/documents-expose-huckabee_n_75362.html

What good comes of freeing people who've committed aggravated crimes like armed robbery and rape? The answer: none.

aamusls06
12-03-09, 02:51 AM
The killer is originally from my hometown in Arkansas. That shit is tragic. That falls solely on Huckabee's shoulders. Prayers to the families.

Aron9000
12-03-09, 03:48 AM
This is NOT a failure of the justice system....though I'm sure it has more then enough examples of failure.

THis man was serving an 85 year prison term in Arkansas. 85 years!! Before our beloved Gov Mike Huckabee left office he pardoned this pillar of society and freed him from his bonds.

Put this failure on the shoulders of Mike Huckabee, who denies any responsibility.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/30/AR2009113003928.html

What good comes of freeing people who've committed aggravated crimes like armed robbery and rape? The answer: none.

I disagree with your statement about this NOT being a failure of the justice system. When you give one man the ability to release whoever he damn well pleases from prison, then this is a failure of the law for giving govenors/presidents that type of power. Eventually there will be somebody like Mike Huckabee who will **** things up royally.

I also wonder what sort of role pardoning prisoners would have if we were to ever have coup d'état in this country.

Rolex
12-03-09, 07:26 AM
I disagree with your statement about this NOT being a failure of the justice system. When you give one man the ability to release whoever he damn well pleases from prison, then this is a failure of the law for giving govenors/presidents that type of power. Eventually there will be somebody like Mike Huckabee who will **** things up royally.

I also wonder what sort of role pardoning prisoners would have if we were to ever have coup d'état in this country.

Strong point.

93DevilleUSMC
12-03-09, 10:27 PM

Technically, that's wrong. The psychological evaluation did, in fact, deem him a risk to public safety, but not enough to be committed. Still, he should never have been released.

93DevilleUSMC
12-03-09, 11:35 PM

There's nothing wrong with the executive privilege to pardon, but this case shows that there ought to be some limits.

The Tony Show
12-04-09, 01:05 PM
I'm no Huckabee fan, but you guys should get your facts straight before putting blame on him.

Huckabee did not pardon him or release him from prison. Clemmons was originally sentenced to 108 years without possibility of parole for robbery without a weapon. After serving 11 years of the sentence, Huckabee commuted the remainder down to 47 years with the possibility of parole, and when his first parole hearing came around the parole board granted him release from prison- not Huckabee. All Huckabee's commutation did was gave him the right to get in front of a parole board, and from there it was their responsibility to determine if he belonged in society.

Like I said- I don't particularly care for Huckabee at all, but it's a shame that people are heaping this tragedy on his shoulders instead of the parole board that actually freed the killer.

Stingroo
12-04-09, 01:23 PM
^ LOGIC PREVAILS! Thank you.

I'm also not a Huckabee fan either, but because I recognize him as an idiot. He came and spoke at my university on December 2nd, and I laughed so much. He was preaching the goods of public schools and universities... at a private university. I doubt he even knew. And when he tried to explain the "FairTax" (which is a serious joke, and anyone who buys into it needs a hole in the head) he kept talking in circles, mentioning that it would make it so "everyone" pays LESS in tax and told us to "visit the website".

And of course, when he says "less in tax" he fails to mention the 31% sales tax mentioned (which is a conservative estimate, it could technically go higher). But hey, he smiled and waved at the crowd, that must be enough to get someone to vote for him!

Good god. It's almost enough to make me want to be a politician. Some of these guys running the show are morons.

DrFunky
12-06-09, 02:01 PM
Washington state is being overrun with liberals fleeing California and the East Coast and bringing gang crime with them.

Gang crime? Who said anything about this being a gang crime?

Not only that but the right wing promotes terroristic acts like this, not the left.

Rolex
12-06-09, 05:22 PM
Gang crime? Who said anything about this being a gang crime?

Not only that but the right wing promotes terroristic acts like this, not the left.

This is absolute nonsense. The right now condones the murder of police officers? :bigroll:

Please don't turn the thread into a political mud slinging contest and get it locked. If you want to go on and on about how much you hate the republican party, you can become a site supporter and do it in the CI forum. ;)

Stingroo
12-06-09, 05:48 PM
Haha that post almost makes me giggle.

Independents ftw, I dare say.

Jesda
12-06-09, 10:28 PM
Nothing wrong with political debates, but we have a place for those:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/current-issues/