: 2000 eldo bose system want to replace hu

debar252
11-29-09, 02:27 PM
I wanted to replace the hu on my bose system and was wondering if anybody nos where i could get a mounting bracket and also is it worth it to get the intergration kit

Submariner409
11-29-09, 02:49 PM
The Bose HU is part of the vehicle TheftLock and serial data transmission systems. You cannot change the HU without special harnesses and electronic work. You'll need an expert installer or one of our members who knows this system......or you're in for real problems.

debar252
11-29-09, 03:06 PM
do u no of anyone in the illinois area that could do this

N*Caddy
11-30-09, 07:43 PM
do u no of anyone in the illinois area that could do this

Forget it man, It does not worth. You already have BOSE i.e. In-Dash CD Radio with RDS and 12 Disk changer. Add an AUX input (see my posts) and you can connect whatever audio device you like and you keep the CD changer.

hueterm
11-30-09, 09:47 PM
I took mine (and my AMEX) to the best installer in St. Louis, and they told me it was totally not worth it....if I wanted all the systems to function as stock.

I just had XM added, and went my merry way...

debar252
12-01-09, 08:13 PM
Forget it man, It does not worth. You already have BOSE i.e. In-Dash CD Radio with RDS and 12 Disk changer. Add an AUX input (see my posts) and you can connect whatever audio device you like and you keep the CD changer.

The problem is that i dont have a 6 cd changer and so i can not put in a aux that is what i tryed to do from the begining so if u no of any way that this is possible with out the cd changer pleas let me no

N*Caddy
12-02-09, 08:15 PM
Regardless if you have the CD changer or not you can add (make your own) an AUX input. Also a CD changer (12 disks by the way) is less than $70 on e-bay (definitely way cheaper than the cheapest aftermarket Chinese made single DIN HU).
See here (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/157820-cd-changer-mp3-player.html#post1926707). I noticed even a google image search for “Cadillac AUX input” will bring this in the first 4-5 pictures.

debar252
12-03-09, 10:19 PM
Regardless if you have the CD changer or not you can add (make your own) an AUX input. Also a CD changer (12 disks by the way) is less than $70 on e-bay (definitely way cheaper than the cheapest aftermarket Chinese made single DIN HU).
See here (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/157820-cd-changer-mp3-player.html#post1926707). I noticed even a google image search for “Cadillac AUX input” will bring this in the first 4-5 pictures.

I have looked everywhere so could u give me the name and how would u go about connecting it because I have looked at crutchfield and they said it was not possible because their is no connection to connect it to.

N*Caddy
12-04-09, 08:22 PM
Just click on that link I provided in my previous post. You can make your own thingy that connects between the HU (BOSE OEM HU) and the car harness. Just follow that schematic.
If you follow my posts I am all about OEM (if is Cadillac keep it Cadillac).