: Bought the 07 Today

csf
11-28-09, 03:41 PM
I went this morning, traded in my GTO and came home with the platinum/light gray 07 STS-V. Truly a beautiful car. I feel fortunate to have found it.

Only problem was the dealer (nice Lexus store) could not find any of the owner manuals. Last week they said they had it all. So I have no idea how to program the homelink or work all the toys. They are ordering me a new manual from Cadillac.

Can someone let me know everything I should be getting, for example is the GPS a separate book? Also, I only got two remotes and one valet key - is that all there is? Thanks so much. Craig.

LITTLEELVISDAN
11-28-09, 03:48 PM
don't forget the two DVD set NAV discs... $$$ to replace

Welcome to the club.. Nice choice

PGA2B
11-28-09, 04:31 PM
Congratulations!!

hd750
11-28-09, 11:28 PM
Welcome!

canezino
11-29-09, 12:47 AM
how do you like it compared to the GTO ?

CIWS
11-29-09, 08:30 AM
Congrats on your find and acquisition :thumbsup:

jedhead
11-29-09, 01:28 PM
Congradulations. The NAV stuff is a separate book but is in the manual holder. Make sure you have the NAV disks, the new ones are about $200 for the set.

tmartin63
11-29-09, 06:54 PM
How many miles on the odo? Mind telling us how much it set you back?

rglenn828
11-29-09, 11:08 PM
I bought a 2006 STS V back in September -- you will really enjoy it. FYI, Caddilac has the manuals online if you want to look the manual before you get a hard copy. Just search under owners manuals!!

Best Regards,

Bob

csf
11-30-09, 01:20 PM
THANKS. I'm pretty excited about the V although I really liked the GTO and was torn about changing.

My V is an 07, Platinum with the light gray seats, 19,277 miles and in close to perfect condition. I paid $31,975 and that includes the GM certified preowned 6year/100000 mile warranty. The B pillars are chrome - I am now thinking those are supposed to be black. Otherwise its all stock and I will leave it that way. I do need to change the tires - I won't drive it in snow but will drive it on clear cold winter days so I will buy all seasons to replace the Pirelli summer only RFT's.

For those who asked, the GTO was really great fun but basic - just a big American V8, driving the rear wheels, with a 6-speed, with very comfortable seats and a nice radio. A little like a basic 4 seat Corvette. Not much else though - no sunroof, bluetooth, automatic A/C, homelink, radio inputs, side airbags, etc. I was just ready for a bit more luxury and now I've got it. But the stock GTO was just as fast as the STS-V and thats without a supercharger. GTO's are now selling for $16k-$18k used - for the price of a Civic you can get 400hp, 0-60 in 4.7 and 160mph - thats crazy.

But I'm on to my new V - going to look up the manuals online so I can program that homelink. Craig

siannas
12-01-09, 11:20 AM
I'm hoping that price is a misprint or that your car is really an 06. The depreciation on these is crazy!! Oh well. Congrats on your purchase. You will love it!

CIWS
12-01-09, 03:11 PM
Depreciation on almost any of the cars is crazy.

csf
12-01-09, 09:04 PM
I'm hoping that price is a misprint or that your car is really an 06. The depreciation on these is crazy!! Oh well. Congrats on your purchase. You will love it!

No misprint - I did get the STS-V where I wanted but didn't get as much on my trade as I wanted so look at the whole deal together before you panic.

inurok
12-07-09, 02:02 PM
Congrats on your new ride. I paid $26,000 for mt 2006 about 7 months ago so great deal for the 2007. My engine and tranny were replaced 2 weeks later so basically its a new car. You will def be turning alot of heads with that sts-v....dont be offended that many will thinks its a cts-v though lol.

TSS
12-07-09, 04:50 PM
Congrats and welcome to the forum! I love the STS-V.

But, STS-V + Michigan winters = :mad:

csf
12-07-09, 10:22 PM
Congrats and welcome to the forum! I love the STS-V.

But, STS-V + Michigan winters = :mad:

Thanks guys.

Just ordered a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE960 all season tires to replace the summer only runflats. I wont drive it in snow or ice but now I'll be able to drive it in good weather all 12 months.

Personally I dont care about having a spare on board, but I will probably put one of the 18" Pirellis on a spare 18" wheel and keep it in the trunk with a jack and tire iron. I heard the flat tire repair kits can damage the TPMS sensors.

Craig

inurok
12-08-09, 03:07 PM
The huge spare this car requires would make the trunk useless...been there done that..

southcocoabeach
12-08-09, 07:32 PM
Fix a flat in a can makes a tpm safe claim, bought a 3 pak in BJs,around 12.00

csf
12-09-09, 08:31 AM
Fix a flat in a can makes a tpm safe claim, bought a 3 pak in BJs,around 12.00

Thanks - I live right near a BJ's!