: Power steering leak

rp29064
11-26-09, 11:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with a massive power steering leak somewhere in the vicinity of the back of the power steering pump on a 99 deville. I have been thru 2 pumps and cant seem to find this leak. The first pump was the original, the second was a reman from auto zone. could the second pump (rebuilt) possibly have the same leak as the original? The leak seems to be coming from the back of the pump or that vicinity. The only other thing im thinking is maybe the return line??? A guy I know with a 93 eldorado said he had a similar problem, and found it to be a missing flow restrictor on the return line....I took it apart and didnt see anything that looked like any kind of flow restrictor. he said his was right inside the line before the return went into the pump...Cadillac parts dept didnt seem to know about this either....Maybe my return line clamp is loose? Bad pump? Its a real bad leak, It will drain all the fluid in about 5 miniutes. But cant see where its coming from with everything in the way. Any help is appreciated!!

Ranger
11-26-09, 11:52 PM
Anything that comes from AZ is suspect. Their parts are cheap for a reason (especially a rebuilt one). Personally, I would only buy "dumb" parts from AZ (filters, wiper blades etc).

rp29064
11-29-09, 07:38 AM
It was the POS AZ PS pump..replaced it and all is dry now!

tateos
11-30-09, 08:19 PM
Good job!