: Fuel pump

TimmyC
11-26-09, 01:18 AM
Does the STS-V have a bigger pump than the standard STS V8? If they are different does anyone know what the max hp each pump would support?

I looked but I can't find any info.

Heath
11-26-09, 04:19 AM
You cant exactly answer your question of how much HP will each support without a ton more info. The answer would be different considering whether the powertrain was N/A ,Supercharged, turbocharged, the type of fuel used, injector size, fuel pressure, etc.. I believe the Vs pump is a Bosch 300lph.

TimmyC
11-26-09, 10:44 AM
My project is NA, 58psi, gas. I have a 2007 STS V8 here that I am thinking about putting an LS3 in. The car is damaged in front and has a salvage title so I think it would be perfect. Northstars are great but the LS series is superior by any measure. I already have the motor and I've done two conversions in other cars already so I know what I'm doing. I'm just wondering how much power the stock pump will support. It would be great if it was the same pump as the V.

Heath
11-26-09, 01:21 PM
Stock? The Caddys stock fuel pump will handle that with no problem. If you do heads and cams you will probably need injectors.

TimmyC
11-27-09, 01:13 AM
My LS3 does not currently have a cam. I am currently debating whether to use a 227/238 .600 lift cam that I own already or just getting a stock LS3 cam. The cam I have will work great but this car is going to be my daily driver and valve springs would become a maintenance item that I don't think I want to deal with.

I'm going to the dealer to check on part numbers for the fuel pump as well as the bellhousing. One from an Escalade with the 6sp auto should work great.

Heath
11-28-09, 03:48 AM
I dont know if the BH is removable on the 6L. You might want to chec with Lingenfelter on a cam. They have a good mild grind that gets good power gains without rediculous springs.