: Got a Tundra? Rust recall.

Jesda
11-25-09, 03:11 PM
http://jalopnik.com/5412206/toyota-recalls-110000-tundra-pickups-for-frame-corrosion

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/11/500x_tundra-2003-rust.jpg

77CDV
11-25-09, 03:13 PM
Holy crap! That's worse than my '69 FWB, and it has the excuse of being 40 years old and from Wisconsin!

Submariner409
11-25-09, 04:44 PM
It's that good Japanese steel. The truck must be a Toyota TuRD.

Jesda
11-25-09, 05:17 PM
Built TRD tough.

concorso
11-25-09, 05:32 PM
Toyota has been hiding this for a few years now, by paying off customers whove been wronged.. Theyve been buying back Tundras from customers for twice what the trucks are worth. This has been going on for at least 4 years now, I know at least 1 person who had his truck bought back 4 summers ago.

hueterm
11-25-09, 05:43 PM
Oh -- EPIC fail...

c5 rv
11-25-09, 05:50 PM
The inside of the body panel looks good, though.

V-Eight
11-25-09, 06:56 PM
Is this different from the issue on this that popped up a few months ago?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-25-09, 09:19 PM
Lmao, looks like another brilliant idea from Toyota. Of course, in a few years, nobody will remember the two HUGE recalls from Toyota in '09. :bigroll:

77CDV
11-25-09, 09:33 PM
Of course not. Toyota never, ever makes mistakes or builds substandard product. Everybody knows that!

V-Eight
11-25-09, 09:46 PM
It's that good Japanese steel. The truck must be a Toyota TuRD.

Its funny how the steel in their swords is better that in their cars...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-25-09, 09:51 PM
Its funny how the steel in their swords is better that in their cars...

That's because they've been building swords for the last million years and trucks for maybe 20. :lol:

concorso
11-25-09, 10:07 PM
Is this different from the issue on this that popped up a few months ago?Yes, and no. Playing DevAd for a second, its not uncommon for the spare wheel to get so rusted in place, that it wont release. This is a common scenario for any truck owner who lives in a Humid/wet/cold climate that use road salt, or has salt in the air. Alot of owners here do their own 'rust check' on certain parts under the body. Spraying used trans oil on exposed metal supports can ward this off.

BUT, as evidenced by Tundra owners and the numerous recalls theyve had lately, its much more common with Tundras. They have major rust issues, not just with the spare wheel. So while this may just be the spare wheel rusting in place, it just adds to the growing number of rust related frame concerns.

V-Eight
11-25-09, 10:34 PM
That's because they've been building swords for the last million years and trucks for maybe 20. :lol:

Yeah, but still, you though they would have learned SOMETHING :cookoo:

The Tony Show
11-26-09, 02:31 AM
This isn't the spare wheel rusting in place- it's the support member rotting away and causing the tire to drop onto the road like a 50lb landmine for the person behind you to cause a major accident while dodging.

They should take the 4 million poorly designed gas pedals out of the Camrys and Lexuses, install them in the Tundras and then let nature take it's course. Unintended acceleration causing a high speed collision in a vehicle that's rusted to the core? Imagine the huge brown dustcloud of awesomeness that would create!

77CDV
11-26-09, 05:12 PM
LA Times today did a front page write up on Toyota's latest woes. One industry analyst pretty much summed it up: All Toyota ever had going for it was a reputation for quality, worry-free cars. They have nothing else to sell on, as their cars are otherwise unremarkable.

Even better, Toyota was completely shut out of the IIHS crash safetly top picks for the first time ever this year. Guess being Number 1 isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Craig

orconn
11-26-09, 05:41 PM
By the way, Craig, how's the LA Times doing? Understand they've slipped a bit themselves.

Florian
11-26-09, 06:48 PM
I hate Jap cars.
Jap women, thats another story. :>

F

Stingroo
11-27-09, 06:05 PM
I hate Jap cars.
Jap women, thats another story. :>

F

Eh... they're the same as the cars. They all look alike and have minimal curvage.

Pass.:yawn:

Rodya234
11-27-09, 09:27 PM
^ Zing! :thumbsup:

Stingroo
11-27-09, 09:36 PM
:rimshot:

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

orconn
11-28-09, 12:19 AM
^^^ Ah, the ignorance of youth and imexperience! Having lived in Japan for two and half years of my life, I can tell that without a doubt, and like their sisters around the globe, I can tell you that Japanese women come in a wide variety of shapes and degrees of pulchritude. Never write off a country's women because you find there cars boring or inferior. I've noticed, of late, that Russian girls have been making American men take notice of their charms and beauty despite their countries history of producing some of the least attractive vehicles of the last half century.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-28-09, 01:43 AM
Russian women are mega FTW.

77CDV
11-28-09, 03:04 AM
By the way, Craig, how's the LA Times doing? Understand they've slipped a bit themselves.

Too true, but then, show me a newspaper that hasn't. I do enjoy a paper with my breakfast, though, and the online version just doesn't lend itself to the whole experience.

Stingroo
11-28-09, 10:59 AM
^^^ Ah, the ignorance of youth and imexperience! Having lived in Japan for two and half years of my life, I can tell that without a doubt, and like their sisters around the globe, I can tell you that Japanese women come in a wide variety of shapes and degrees of pulchritude. Never write off a country's women because you find there cars boring or inferior. I've noticed, of late, that Russian girls have been making American men take notice of their charms and beauty despite their countries history of producing some of the least attractive vehicles of the last half century.

Nah, I kid I kid. I've known quite a few attractive Asians in my day too. Probably not as many as you though. :)

concorso
11-28-09, 03:50 PM
^^^ Ah, the ignorance of youth and imexperience! Having lived in Japan for two and half years of my life, I can tell that without a doubt, and like their sisters around the globe, I can tell you that Japanese women come in a wide variety of shapes and degrees of pulchritude. Never write off a country's women because you find there cars boring or inferior. I've noticed, of late, that Russian girls have been making American men take notice of their charms and beauty despite their countries history of producing some of the least attractive vehicles of the last half century. Short,tall, slender, curvy, brown hair, ginger, blonde, big blue eyes, tight dark brown eyes, regular ass, badonkadonk whatever. I love women of all makes and models. :)